THANK YOU SEGUIN!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

THANK YOU SEGUIN!!!

Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton.  I'll tell you right now I take Kessel.  If Hamilton grows into a #1 shut down D-Man I go the other way.  But Seguin for Kessel straight up, as much as we hate it we have to go Kessel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: THANK YOU SEGUIN!!!

What if Seguin goes on to have a 20 year career and Kessel fizzles out in 5 years?  Or if he wins 5 more Cups to Kessels ZERO? Or wins a few scoring titles?  Or, or, or...

Tremendously short-sighted post but nice try stirring the pot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Hey I hate Kessel as much as anyone here, but he is a top 10 scorer, and Seguin is just a decent player.  That's all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It took Kessel about 400 NHL games-played to reach the level he is at.  If the Bruins had paid him and waited until now to get this kind of performance (instead of having an EL guy scoring on the third line) I doubt they win the Cup.

As for Kessel outplaying Seguin, is it really a wonder that he's outperforming a guy he has 300 more-games played than?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Drugs is a terrible habit............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I may be on Sequin's metaphorical back right now but this is just bullcrap. You have to look beyond this series or even last night's game before you can make that type of call. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton.  I'll tell you right now I take Kessel.  If Hamilton grows into a #1 shut down D-Man I go the other way.  But Seguin for Kessel straight up, as much as we hate it we have to go Kessel.

It was really about pay Krejci and Kessel in the summer of 09', PC took #46. Kessel had 19 goals 37 points his 2nd year, Seguin had 29 goals 67 points his 2nd year. Phil had 20 goals this season 4 more than Tyler, not overwhelming.

Now you throw in the potential of Hamilton as a great #2 and Knight, I still never look back. The trade never happens straight up not in 2009, 2011 nor 2014.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It was a great trade for the B's,is now and will be for years to come, 1 goal does not change that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

at least this is not a knee jerk reactionary post. : O

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This post is all troll. The comparison guidelines are totally skewed according to whatever the author thinks. If memory serves, Kessel demanded "out of Boston" and PC complied by betting on the future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Stanley Cups:

Seguin - 1

Kessel - 0

Playoff Games / Pts (since trade)

Seguin - 20 / 10

Kessel - 6 /  4    (0 for 3 in previous years)

+-

Seguin - plus 53

Kessel -  minus 41

Depends what you want in a player. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just thankfully the Kessel and pick for Kaberle and pick trade fell through.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

They're both excellent players. I'm sure each team has plenty of reason to right now be happy with the player they have. I have never seen why this comparison is a big deal, especially considering the Bruins received more than Tyler Seguin in the deal they made with Toronto.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

It's obvious you are a "whichever-way-the-wind-is-blowing" kind of guy!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and Toronto is supposed to be what NYC is to U.S. ?  Really orignal and besides it really make no sense their chant.  If they were clever they would also chant Thank you Kessel. 

Bunch of Knobs that cannot differ the Marathon bombings to a sport.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I would still take Seguin and Hamilton over Kessel but if it was a straight player exchange you have to give the edge to Kessel so far if you are looking for a goal scorer. 

Year Kessel Seguin Yr 1 37 22 Yr 2 60 67 Yr 3 55   Yr 4 64   Yr 5 82   Lock Out Season 52 32

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

That was supposed to be a nice organized chart... oh well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Even if Hamilton is just a bottom 4 defenseman (low chance) and Knight never cracks an AHL line up, I'd still do that deal any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Kessel has no heart. Seguin yells at himself when he messes up. Say what you want about Seguin's production but the kid has a boat load of passion.

Plus, he actually backchecks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Okay, I think everyone is missing the point.

We chant thank you Kessel for giving us Seguin and Hamilton.

Why would either building chant thank you Seguin? It doesnt make sense.

Some people should just stick to lurking.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

The Leaf fans were mocking Seguin last night. The reason why they were cheering thank you Seguin is because Kessel has vastly outplayed Seguin in this series. That's their way of retaliating for the thank you Kessel chants.  That being said, it had to be embarrassing for Seguin to hear that. Hopefully there is some game 7 magic in him tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I hope that serenade last night motivates Seguin and he scores the winner tonight. Poetic justice is a wonderful thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

In response to mikzor's comment:

The Leaf fans were mocking Seguin last night. The reason why they were cheering thank you Seguin is because Kessel has vastly outplayed Seguin in this series. That's their way of retaliating for the thank you Kessel chants.  That being said, it had to be embarrassing for Seguin to hear that. Hopefully there is some game 7 magic in him tonight.

I get that, my point is it makes no sense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

I hope that serenade last night motivates Seguin and he scores the winner tonight. Poetic justice is a wonderful thing.

Geez I hope so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

I really don't understand why people don't find the Seguin has a championship and Phil doesn't argument compelling.  I'd trade Phil any day for that one game Seguin dominated the Lightning.  

Unless Kessel helps TO win a championship, I have to support the trade.