Thank you Vezina...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Thank you Vezina...

...for telling Tim Thomas he's not among the top three goalies in the game. Anyone who watches Thomas regularly, knows this is the oxygen he breathes, that this is exactly the type of motivation that turns the puck into a beachball for this guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Thank you Vezina...

i don't think you are too far off on this gord. TT will be the best player on the ice tonight. i smell a shutout. post game interviews will feature him wearing that mr.T starter kit. GO BRUINS!!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Agreed, but he is hardly a snub for the Vezina. The finalists are well deserved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

seo - that was my thinking.  You can't really argue that Lundqvist had a better year, or Quick, or Rinne.  Lundqvist and Quick had sub-2.00 GAAs, and all three were top 5 in sv% among goalies to play more than 40 games.  Rinne led the league in wins, Lundqvist was third, Quick 5th.  Thomas's 2.36, .920, and 35 wins wasn't far off - surely if there was a list of 5-7, he'd be on it - but TT's probably the only one who will fight to the death that he deserved more consideration....

I am surprised Brian Elliott didn't at least get to the final 3 though - 1.56, .940 and .605 winning percentage in 38 games?  I don't think you should win if you're never the undisputed starter on your own team, but I am surprised he didn't get this much of a nod.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i don't want to put words in gords mouth, but here goes... i don't think he was implying that TT was snubbed. only that TT will want to prove to the world he is still "one of the best in the world". i really believe TT himself would tell you he was not vezina-worthy this season. but he'll use that as a reason to show everyone "i'm still here, don't forget about the reigning vezina and con smythe winner"- or maybe he meant that he thinks he was snubbed. anywho... GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

haha adk, love the internal argument that you wrote out. I do that often.

YA BRUINS! WOO!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Vezina...:
    [QUOTE]i don't want to put words in gords mouth, but here goes... i don't think he was implying that TT was snubbed. only that TT will want to prove to the world he is still "one of the best in the world". i really believe TT himself would tell you he was not vezina-worthy this season. but he'll use that as a reason to show everyone "i'm still here, don't forget about the reigning vezina and con smythe winner"- or maybe he meant that he thinks he was snubbed. anywho... GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    But he might want to show everyone that he is Conn Smythe worthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

no, I get that. he has proven to be one of the best goalies in the world and would think he thrives off the fact he needs to continually prove it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

he already has two vezinas.  would love to see him get two conn smythes and two cups. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Glad to see any motivation that will help the Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Individual awards who cares? The Stanley cup is all that matters.
    I can't remember who won last year but I know who won the cup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think the 3 nominated had a better regular season than Timmy did, theyre very deserving. I'm not sure I'd paint the vezina winner as the best int he game though. I'd look at more of a 3 year window and another Cup and Conne Smythe would cement it for Timmy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]he already has two vezinas.  would love to see him get two conn smythes and two cups. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it... maybe this would silence the doubters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

As far as I'm concerned until someone can pull off a Vezina, Roger, Conn, a cup & breaking records in the process? TT is best on the planet, until someone else can come along & pull at least half that? I don't think you can dispute where TT stands,  regardless if he's Vezina finalist or not! Unless TT stinks up the joint tonight. There's no other goalie I would want starting in a game 7!

Sections
Shortcuts