Thanks 98.5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Thanks 98.5

I was fired up all day listening to 98.5 yesterday . Thank god I don't have to listen to the hockey haters at weei anymore. Its great listening to hockey talk and let our voices be heard. I think Claude (Schultzy) feels the pressure and has made some changes. Claude doesn't make changes as quick as some of us would like . Claude knows whats being said and it might be giving him something to think about.Win one more series and Claude will be a genius.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Re: Thanks 98.5

I wish I could get that station online in Canada.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would bet my life that Julien made no decisions based upon what was being said on the radio.

98.5 does a good job, however.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Newfie, I don't know exactly how it works, or the restrictions, but I'm pretty sure they stream the shows live on the site for anyone to hear...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/station/985-the-sports-hub/

Try that link and then click "Listen Live"

I don't know if that will work for you, but that's what most people do outside of the Boston area I think...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks 98.5:
    [QUOTE]I would bet my life that Julien made no decisions based upon what was being said on the radio. 98.5 does a good job, however.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Here's what gets me:

He DID make a few small changes:

- Chara being posted in front of the net on the PP
    - Bergeron on the point in the PP
    - Leaving Seguin in after Bergeron returned
    - During the course of the series, there were times lines were shuffled.

None of these changes were aknowleged though, because facts would get in the way of popular opinion and the endless parade of "Shultz" jokes.

And for everyone crying "bench someone"....who exactly did you want in there?

Hnidy who had played like 5 games in the last year and a half? Thornton, who had contributed NOTHING when he was in the lineup? Kamper, right off a knee injury?

The truth is, despite what some radio callers and hosts (Felger) will scream over and over, Julien DOES know what he is doing and the Bruins are NOT lucky to be here. They got here because they were well coached and that coache's system works.  It's long overdue to give the guy some credit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]I wish I could get that station online in Canada.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

There are people in Montreal that are able to listen. I'm not sure how they've done it but it it can be done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I second the OP's point -- weei never gave hockey any respect, and had to drag in folks who actually know something -- other than Dale -- to guest on the past week's shows -- like Jack Edwards and Ms. Tappen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I think there is an app for smartphones that has a bunch of radio stations and they're one of them.  Try that

As far as their hockey coverage?  Yeah, it's light years better than EEI's.  It actually makes Gresh and Zo, somewhat....SOMEWHAT listenable

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]I think there is an app for smartphones that has a bunch of radio stations and they're one of them.  Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Couldnt find it in the smartphone app search.  if you have a link/better name of the app, please pass it along.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks 98.5 : Couldnt find it in the smartphone app search.  if you have a link/better name of the app, please pass it along.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

You should be able to find it on AOL Radio on your smartphone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

TuneIn Radio is a popular one for iPhone, iPad & Android apps.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

[QUOTE]I would bet my life that Julien made no decisions based upon what was being said on the radio. 98.5 does a good job, however.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Thanks 98.5 for talking Bruins since they came on board over a year ago, WEEI never got the point that Boston is a hockey town also even when the Bruins were having bad times they would never talk Bruins if you tried calling them wanting to talk hockey they would laugh at you. 98.5 is beating them in the ratings because they wanted to talk Bruins since day one they might not know alot about the NHL but at least they are willing to listen to you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Claude makes comments about how people question his decisions. The only station that cover the Bruins is 98.5? He has been making slight changes he knows whats being said by the fans and the station.Its not like the past 10 years where nobody covered them . Claude is way to stubborn to admit it which is good sometimes.He didn't make these changes the last couple of years?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]I wish I could get that station online in Canada.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    I don't know if it will work in Canada, but I listen to it through iTunes.  iTunes /> Radio > Sports Radio > 98.5 The Sports Hub

Sections
Shortcuts