Thanks for signing Chara for 7 more years..............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Thanks for signing Chara for 7 more years..............

Only seven more years to wait for this team to have any chance of winning....NO ONE else would want this guy at $7M per year!! Byfuglien is better already and Lidstrom has 20+ points already and is 40 years old. Chara is Hal Gill.....with no Stanley Cup ring

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Thanks for signing Chara for 7 more years..............

Lidstrom and Byfuglien only belong in the same sentence when it is a sentence that states that they don't belong in the same sentence. 

#1 defensemen cost money, and lots of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Your Welcome !

Signed PC..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Chara was the only player on the Bruins with a plus rating against Atlanta tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

nash...with RMiller gone, I think you now hold the mantle for the biggest fool on these boards. 

Without exception, every post from you is reactionary nonsense, bitterness, and thoughtless drivel.  I can only assume you are yet another head of the bruins8/hockey101 monster, because those accounts are the only thing comparable in terms of utter nonsense. 

Ignored.  No offense of course...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks for signing Chara for 7 more years..............:
    with RMiller gone
    Posted by Fletcher1

Has that been confirmed???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The reports of RMiller's demise have been greatly exagerated...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Sadly, it seems that RMillerIQ87 is not gone, as he promised he would be. Put him on ignore like most of us have already.
    Every time I see this:
    Posts from RMiller87 are hidden
    It brings a smile to my face. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

The issue I have is Chara doesnt play to his strengths almost consitantly!  The guy is a monster, but plays too often as if he's 5'10" 180....he cannot handle the puck at all, relies on his reach way too often, doesnt clear guys from the front of the net, etc-etc-etc....he needs to be coached up to be the meanest D-man in the league, he NEEDS to fight, he needs to poke once then demolish kids; he can do to everyone in the league what Stuart did to that kid on the military night game (forgot who they played & too lazy to look it up), he threw that kid at least a handful of times that night it was almost comical; Chara is that powerful he just doesnt use it, its really frustrating to watch!

I'm going to be a little stereotypical here but if this guy was a North American player he would be an absolute terror on the league, he needs that snarl & mean streak brought to every shift; its a waste of his biggest asset IMO.

Alright I'm ready for everyone to bite my head off on this one, so feel free....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The issue I have is Chara doesnt play to his strengths almost consitantly!  The guy is a monster, but plays too often as if he's 5'10" 180....he cannot handle the puck at all, relies on his reach way too often, doesnt clear guys from the front of the net, etc-etc-etc....he needs to be coached up to be the meanest D-man in the league, he NEEDS to fight, he needs to poke once then demolish kids; he can do to everyone in the league what Stuart did to that kid on the military night game (forgot who they played & too lazy to look it up), he threw that kid at least a handful of times that night it was almost comical; Chara is that powerful he just doesnt use it, its really frustrating to watch! I'm going to be a little stereotypical here but if this guy was a North American player he would be an absolute terror on the league, he needs that snarl & mean streak brought to every shift; its a waste of his biggest asset IMO. Alright I'm ready for everyone to bite my head off on this one, so feel free....
    Posted by yep123

This is not biting your head off but.......

Tyler Myers - 6'8" 227 lbs. - North American -25 games -12 pims.

So much for stereotyping ! Throw that theory out the window. Myers is not exactly what you'd call an absolute terror with his style of play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Sadly, it seems that RMillerIQ87 is not gone, as he promised he would be. Put him on ignore like most of us have already. Every time I see this: Posts from RMiller87 are hidden It brings a smile to my face. :)
    Posted by WalkTheLine

That's OK...

Every time I see the Bruins lose, it brings a smile to my face.

I have been smiling quite alot lately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

For $7.5M you should dominate a game...like Byfuglien did. Yes its easy to do against a bunch of sissies like the Bruins but gimme a break. Chara can't skate. Can't get a shot on net unless he gets 20 minutes to tee it up. Plays like a pansy most nights. Yeah, he's "good in the corners". That won't win you anything when you get right down to it. He's a very good defensive defeneman. There are dozens of those and they don't eat up $7.5M in cap space. The Bruins could have two quality Dmen for that money instead of one glorified Hal Gill 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

C'mon man, Tyler Myers qb's their PP, roams all over the ice, handles the puck as if he's a forward, his role is like Raflaski/Green type that D is secondary; Chara does nto have half the skill of either of those players, if he did then I wouldnt suggest him playing w/ as much aggressiveness.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

@yep123 - I get the feeling Chara doesn't play with that grit we all want simply because he's logging so many minutes. I agree with you that he'd be more valuable if he had more of an edge, so perhaps the problem is with line rotations. Give the guy fewer minutes, so he can be more of a force for those minutes he's out there. You can only do so much in the NHL when you're playing so much. Every shift is a battle. Thoughts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

C'mon man, Tyler Myers qb's their PP, roams all over the ice, handles the puck as if he's a forward, his role is like Raflaski/Green type that D is secondary; Chara does nto have half the skill of either of those players, if he did then I wouldnt suggest him playing w/ as much aggressiveness.
    Posted by yep123

Chara qb's the PP and has 4+6=10 totals. Myers has 5+3=8 totals. Ya, Myers totals shows how much more gifted he is offensively then Chara.  

You were stereotyping about a player that size and if he was North American he would be an absolute terror not whether he played like a Green/Rafalski. I gave you an example of a North American guy who is the most similar in size at the same position playing the type of minutes Chara plays.

That sounds reasonable . Just disregard comparing Chara and Myers in the aggressiveness department even though he would be the best person to compare with Chara according to your stereotyping of North Americans and Europeans at that size.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

In Response to Thanks for signing Chara for 7 more years..............:
    Only seven more years to wait for this team to have any chance of winning....NO ONE else would want this guy at $7M per year!! Byfuglien is better already and Lidstrom has 20+ points already and is 40 years old. Chara is Hal Gill.....with no Stanley Cup ring
    Posted by nash99

All team in nhl would want Chara on their roster.......lidstrom in best d man of last 10 years......go cheer for whom ever is winning today as you sound like a bandwagon fan

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Something that Lidstrom and Byfuglien have done....WIN STANLEY CUPS!!!!! Chara can't get out of the second round. He has been around forever and has played on very good teams. He isn't good ENOUGH!!!!!. But he's good enough for the Bruins who just want to be decent and fill the stadium with drunken clueless fans.  You can't deny this.  Ha Ha Ha.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Do you want me to compare apples-to-apples; Pronger is a big man who plays big, Chara is big but plays really small....get off the notion of the North American tie up, Myers is a glorified forward, Chara handles the puck as if its on fire they cannot be compared at all!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Asmaha - good point, noted, but doesnt this guy bike like up the Alps every off season & is supposed to have this ridiculous off the charts cardio abilities; I get it w/thebump & grind its much different than just riding a bike but if the guy cannot play to his potential & using his strengths best sutied to help the club then isnt that on the coach for minutes per game or the GM to fill a roster of 4-5-6 D-men that can actually be trusted to log minutes, not sure, what do you think?

One solution; get him off the PP, cant handle the rock, never gets his bomb of a shot off, constantly gets shots blocked, the list can go on forever....Recchi qb'd the PP for liek two games, they scored at like a 30% clip but then gets taken off the PP in that role, the vet knows when & where to pass the puck vs.the hardest shot, much more important IMO when trying to move as a unit & developing 2-on-1's all over the ice which is the main goal on a PP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

The issue I have is Chara doesnt play to his strengths almost consitantly!  The guy is a monster, but plays too often as if he's 5'10" 180....he cannot handle the puck at all, relies on his reach way too often, doesnt clear guys from the front of the net, etc-etc-etc....he needs to be coached up to be the meanest D-man in the league, he NEEDS to fight, he needs to poke once then demolish kids; he can do to everyone in the league what Stuart did to that kid on the military night game (forgot who they played & too lazy to look it up), he threw that kid at least a handful of times that night it was almost comical; Chara is that powerful he just doesnt use it, its really frustrating to watch! I'm going to be a little stereotypical here but if this guy was a North American player he would be an absolute terror on the league, he needs that snarl & mean streak brought to every shift; its a waste of his biggest asset IMO. Alright I'm ready for everyone to bite my head off on this one, so feel free....
    Posted by yep123

Man, where to begin..How many years have you been watching this guy play? Obviously not real close... Doesn't play to his strengths?  His strengths are eating up minutes on the backline, being the best penalty killer on the Bruins PK, using his massive reach that has enabled him to be the best shutdown dman in the league, be the leader that he is when he is on the ice and allow the Bruins players feel at ease without fear....He needs to be mean and fight more.. that makes sense.. get him off the ice for 5 minutes  + and watch the Bruins struggle I want to see that... The guy is a +12 for a reason...If I still remember the object of the game is to WIN!

Of course your also assuming guys REALLY want to fight this guy...

Did you happen to see the ducking of Byfuglien to a challenge by Chara in the second period last night ?  I did  .. Chara went right up to him and asked him to go and he declined.. Smart move Dustin.. I think he still remembers the one punch knockdown when he was with Chicago that the big man gave him..

Unfortunately for Big Z is that his size is sometimes used against him by the refs. He hits someone real hard and he goes off for a penalty , meanwhile the guy takes more abuse from little guys in the league and the refs shrug it off as if he needs to play thru it.. Very unfair.. I have always maintained that if this guy had a mean streak like Pronger he could actually kill somebody..That is why he is respected throughout the league by his peers.. BTW right now its him and Lidstrom for the Norris so far and no one is even close.. and Lidstrom is only a +4 with a much better offensive team..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

I've been watching him for a decade being in the eastern conference, has never made it past the second round in the playoffs, what a leader!!!  Leaders win, point to me Chara's name on a Cup.....

If your role is "to eat up minutes", thats sad, and yes he needs to fight more.....not come into scrums late when refs are already involved.

Leaders would not allow for the Bergeron and Savard to be logged out of the arena badly injured, and do not do a thing about it; that is a dressing room issue, a "team" issue, thats either on Chara or the coach's head....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Chara is just happy to be getting overpaid by some dimwitted NHL GM. I mean the guy broke the bank here in Boston. He was basically some overgrown nobody from nowhere Yogoslavia who would have been playing in front of 500 people in the backwaters of Europe but Mike Mudbury took a shot at an oversized project. Yes he plays good defense when not asked to skate faster than 5 miles an hour but the guy is not ever going to win you anything and he is happy enough just being rich and not living in some shack in Eastern Europe. They just call him the captain because he has a letter on his sweater but he has never talked like a captain....if he even bother to talk. The only guy that says anything on this team is Thornton who is a 4th line goon and just shows how leaderless this club has always been since Neely and Bourque retired.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I am open to criticism of Chara this season, although I still think he is worth every penny the Bruins are paying him.

But, I strongluy disagree with the notion that he needs to fight more.  You never really want your team leader, highest paid player, and minutes leader slugging it out with thugs from other teams.  You want Chara on the ice, not sitting in the penalty box.  You definitely do not want him slamming his $7.5 million-dollar hands into the helmets and skulls of other players.  The Bruins pay other guys on the roster to fight and take care of that stuff so players like Chara don't have to.  Furthermore, despite his size, he really isn't a very good fighter.  Fighting is not playing to his strengths.

I think he uses his size and reach quite well and really doesn't get overpowered.  The guys who beat him are little, shifty guys like St. Louis.  Toughness is not the problem, IMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Chara is just happy to be getting overpaid by some dimwitted NHL GM. I mean the guy broke the bank here in Boston. He was basically some overgrown nobody from nowhere Yogoslavia who would have been playing in front of 500 people in the backwaters of Europe but Mike Mudbury took a shot at an oversized project. Yes he plays good defense when not asked to skate faster than 5 miles an hour but the guy is not ever going to win you anything and he is happy enough just being rich and not living in some shack in Eastern Europe. They just call him the captain because he has a letter on his sweater but he has never talked like a captain....if he even bother to talk. The only guy that says anything on this team is Thornton who is a 4th line goon and just shows how leaderless this club has always been since Neely and Bourque retired.
    Posted by nash99

Nice post.  You really have a strong history and geography background. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by nash99

Good Lord -- that is Billy Madison level stupid.  How old are you??

Yogoslavia??
    Backwaters of Europe??

You should google everything you mention there and read up on it a bit.  Might want to also google the 'Norris Trophy' while your at it.

Sections
Shortcuts