Thanks Jack

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

Thanks Jack

Jack Edwards quote at the end of the game "Last time the bruins went 6and 0 on the road was 1972.AND YOU ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THAT YEAR." 
    Nice touch Jack.
    GO FOR IT B'S.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: Thanks Jack

I loved when he said that.  He's a pretty quick thinker but he probably had that line prepared all game.  Anyways it was a great line and Im a huge fan of Edwards.  He's a big homer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I thought Jack's "Glass plays it off the glass, no relation" line in the Edmonton game was pretty good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks Jack:
    I thought Jack's "Glass plays it off the glass, no relation" line in the Edmonton game was pretty good.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

Do you mean the vancouver game?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

Jack loses me with the catch phrases.Does just a little to much. Think brick saves his bacon alot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I loved when he said that.  He's a pretty quick thinker but he probably had that line prepared all game.  Anyways it was a great line and Im a huge fan of Edwards.  He's a big homer
    Posted by Tuckerw3

If anyone who has ever paid any attention to the Bruins in their life made a reference to 1972 and didn't immediately recall that as the last year the B's won a Cup, I'd have to tell them to turn in their pink hats.

"Quick thinker?"  really?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks Jack : Do you mean the vancouver game?
    Posted by Tuckerw3

Obviously he did mean Edmonton, but you sure do get two points for taking the time to point it out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks Jack : Obviously he did mean Edmonton, but you sure do get two points for taking the time to point it out.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Oh NAS, you messed up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

I can't wait for the day when Jack Edwards is no longer calling Bruins games. I can't stand him and his stupid sayings.

Has anyone else noticed he's WRONG a lot? Brick is always saying, actually I think it was XXXX player. Constantly correcting him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I may be in the minority but I like Jack and I think he's one of the best play-by-play guys doing NHL games these days. Some of these idiots are unlistenable, if that's even a word. 
    Jack is always well prepared and knows as much about the opposing team than most of their own fans. He clearly takes what he does seriously and works very hard at it. Any criticism leveled at his competency as a play-by-play guy is unfounded. Criticism regarding his style is a matter of opinion and strictly subjective. I have come to enjoy his style, his ocassional w.t.f. moments, and some of his expressions. At least he isn't boring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

I may be in the minority but I like Jack and I think he's one of the best play-by-play guys doing NHL games these days. Some of these idiots are unlistenable, if that's even a word.  Jack is always well prepared and knows as much about the opposing team than most of their own fans. He clearly takes what he does seriously and works very hard at it. Any criticism leveled at his competency as a play-by-play guy is unfounded. Criticism regarding his style is a matter of opinion and strictly subjective. I have come to enjoy his style, his ocassional w.t.f. moments, and some of his expressions. At least he isn't boring.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

I agree he is one of the best play by play guys.  Just go listen to another teams play by play (not the national tv guys) announcers, Jack is much better than most of them.  I think he and Brick are a great pair, although I would love to see Brick's face after some of Jack's "over and under, over and under"  comments!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

This made my night when he said that. I understand some of the other that complain about Jack but i have to say i rather have him calling our games with Brick than any one else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Jack's a nerd who likely rarely put on skates.  Brick's a jock who likely rarely took them off.  Hilarious watching them interact.  You sometimes hear Brick chuckling under his breath at the stuff Jack comes up with.  I think they work well together, though.  Brick clearly knows the game, and Jack clearly knows how to narrate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

In Response to Thanks Jack:
    Jack Edwards quote at the end of the game "Last time the bruins went 6and 0 on the road was 1972.AND YOU ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THAT YEAR."  Nice touch Jack. GO FOR IT B'S.
    Posted by tarpouch

I dont think edwards could hold cusik's jockstrap, brick saves him 20 times a game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

jack edwards is great. one of the best in the game at what he does. the guy bleeds black and gold(definite homer), but is usually kept in check by brick. don't forget about brick either. jack got his early fame on sportscenter in the US- he is a proven, talented commodity. and brickley does nationally televised games with versus... two of the best in the game. name any other duo as accomplished! better yet was jacks ---" ice crystallizing..." comment to open the telcast, and bricks reply---"i want to party with you(chuckle)"!!!! love 'em  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

I have to agree with Walktheline with regards to his preparedness (sp?) and passion for the game.

I would say it's the style I hate. I can't stand his homerism and just hokey stupid comments. Makes me sick.

RIP Fred Cusick....wish you were still calling the games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOIlfV-XtBg

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Impressive road trip, though.  Even last night, where you had a team playing for pride at home trying to avoid losing again to a divisional rival in the last 10 days.

Good stuff.

The Calgary/Vancouver stretch is clearly the most impressive chunk of it.

It's really important they come back home and show well, though.  They need to show they can defend home ice.

At least get a split at home here with TB and Pitt before going to Montreal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Fred Cusick used to get everyone's name wrong.

We were lucky to have Fred and we're lucky to have Jack. After the Dale Arnold years, any long-time hockey fan would realize how lucky we really are right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks Jack : Oh NAS, you messed up.
    Posted by callodthedom19

I'll bite.... Pot...meet kettle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Have to agree with the Dale Arnold reference. I still cringe at the word "poleax" everytime I hear it. I sometimes watch the games on the NHL network and have to say, Jack is far better than the other local broadcasters. Love his passion!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

I love it...so predictable.  The team wins a few games, and now Jack Edwards is beloved.  OMG....classic, funny, and predictable

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Arnold was terrible. The way he over-announciated every player's name was so annnoying.

Edwards is annoying in his own way. He's more of a fanboy type.

Cusick was an absolute legend, arguably one of the greatest NHL sportscasters ever.

He used great adjectives to describe the action. "Blistering" was always a gem.

"Heavy, heavy hit" was another.  "Shifts" when describing a rush up the ice.  Simple words that had such an effect.  He didn't try to oversell the play on the ice. 

He only did that when they scored a big goal.

RIP Fred

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjDPq9z8Ag&NR=1

PS Pardon the sight of Charlie Jacobs in this above video.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Arnold was terrible. The way he over-announciated every player's name was so annnoying. Edwards is annoying in his own way. He's more of a fanboy type. Cusick was an absolute legend, arguably one of the greatest NHL sportscasters ever. He used great adjectives to describe the action. "Blistering" was always a gem. "Heavy, heavy hit" was another.  "Shifts" when describing a rush up the ice.  Simple words that had such an effect.  He didn't try to oversell the play on the ice.  He only did that when they scored a big goal. RIP Fred http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjDPq9z8Ag&NR=1 PS Pardon the sight of Charlie Jacobs in this above video.
    Posted by BBReigns

It was always funny how exact he was on the distances, too.

"Bourque, SCORES.... from 47 feet!"

I agree with your main point, though. His overall style was more understated, and Jack's is more on the surface. Dale was just not someone I could listen to at all. Too milquetoast.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yup. Hilarious.

"From 53 feet!" 

Or...He "had him dead to rights from 6 feet!"

He still has the best "score" call of any announcer I have ever head call a game.

It sounded like he won the lottery, boinked Giselle and just bought an island in Fiji, all in one fell swoop.

Utter jubilation in his voice.

"fires from 15 feet!"  Not always sure he was exact, to be honest.

Kasper was probably no more than 7 feet away in the first goal in this clip. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMwkmwE10-4

I also liked the "wheels in" lines. Classic.

This game he about  loses his skull. This was the one where Boston was down 2-0 the whole game and they scored like 3 goals within 2 minutes to win it, late.

The guy going berserk in the corner after the 3rd goal was always a classic memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFab-mlDJQ0&feature=related

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Yup. Hilarious. "From 53 feet!" Or...He "had him dead to rights from 6 feet!" He still has the best "score" call of any announcer I have ever head call a game. It sounded like he won the lottery, boinked Giselle and just bought an island in Fiji, all in one fell swoop. Utter jubilation in his voice.
    Posted by BBReigns

Totally off topic, but big inprovement with the new avatar!

Sections
Shortcuts