thanks pc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thanks pc

is there a deeper, more talented team in the nhl? a look into the pressbox last night tells me everything i need to know. top two centerman out(an all-star and a canadian olympian), and still find a way to win! how crazy good would this team be with a healthy savvy and bergeron? tuukka lead the league last year in gaa, and save%! talk about deep. thanks for putting together a great TEAM. teams win cups, not players, ask ovie. how many other teams have kaberle as a 5 or 6 d-man? none. deep in all areas, and it didn't happen by accident. give credit where credit is due.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: thanks pc

How about Julien's ability to adjust.  We owned them in the first two periods, and I have to imagine that had more to do with offday adjustments then effort.  Add on to that, the fact that he is awarding players with playing time and opportunities, and I think we see a coach eveolving right in front of our eyes.  I know alot of guys are bashing him for not playing Seguin sooner, but I agree with those who think the upstairs view is part of the reason he has improved his game, add a little chip on his shoulder and this is at least the second time CJ has bottled lightning, the first being Kessel against the Habs.  I might argue you could throw Paille into that mix as well, since something was clearly off this season until he had that lengthy break at the end of the year.  Ever since he has been key.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: thanks pc:
    [QUOTE]Julien's luck or understated genius in having Seguin sit and rest, learn, as well as be a wildcard in this situation is also big. I was one who felt he was too young to handle the rigors of playoff hockey at 19, but I am glad I was wrong.  So, good move, to sit him down, rest him and eventually let him go.  The question remains:  Who sits in Game 3 and beyond?  Thornton?  It has to be Thornton, right? Do you keep that 3rd line together or move Seguin or Kelly down to the 4th?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You definitely keep the third line together.  Recchi to the fourth with PP opportunities.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The final pieces were the deadline pickups of Kelly, Peverly, and Kaberle. Without them the B's would be as thin as last year and vulnerable to injury. So, yes, kudos to PC.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

No, Yesterday Marchmont, Bergeron and Peveley took a couple of shifts together.  I think that would be the first lineup.  If the team starts to lose some synergy and Seguin continues to play well, that would be my next move.  What the third line would like at that point would obviously hinge heavily on what happens between now and then with Ryder, Kelly, Peveley and Recchi.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some of us have been thanking PC all year. Don't let one game create anything but the fact that both teams are now even. Imo Timmy was extremely good or woefully bad. The first goal Timmy was out of position, and Boychuck missed his check, sloppy. Lecavelier[sp.?] goal could have been stopped by your grandmother. Then there were the stops that were fumbled and left pucks in front. IMO Timmy is over-tired because Claude has failed to insert Tuuka to give Timmy a needed rest. Did anyone else notice how Claude just stands there, with his mouth open, but does not engage his brain?? Why just roll out the 4th line?? shorten the bench when it's a one goal game and let Campbell/Paille skate with a solid winger. For that matter, Why is Thornton even playing????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

Reassurance

Can someone please tell me that this team is going to tighten up defensively and last night was just a fluke?  Is Tampa really that hard to contain?  It seemed like they had a scoring chance on every rush.  I know we won the game but I just need a little convincing here.  Thomas has looked really shaky as well and I was terrified with a 6-3 lead. 
    Anyone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: thanks pc : I guess that makes good sense, too.  Recchi still has value by throwing himself around and getting in front of the net. His issue is obviously speed and transition at this point. But, no harm in being moved down. So, are you saying Seguin goes to RW on line 2?

I would LOVE to see a line of Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Spot on adk -- this team is well built, and it's not by accident.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Reassurance

In Response to Reassurance:
    [QUOTE]Can someone please tell me that this team is going to tighten up defensively and last night was just a fluke?  Is Tampa really that hard to contain?  It seemed like they had a scoring chance on every rush.  I know we won the game but I just need a little convincing here.  Thomas has looked really shaky as well and I was terrified with a 6-3 lead.  Anyone?
    Posted by dbag0991222[/QUOTE]

This is CJ's forte and I cannot remember very many times at all when we had 2 straight games of defensive lapses.  I remeber zero times in which it has occurred three games in a row, then again I do not have a perfect memory.  I assume it has happened but I certainly do not expect it to. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

0991...do you it's coincidence that the bruins surrender 10 goals in #37's absence? i don't. as far as TT is concerned: 1st goal was a flukey goal, two others went off his own d-men, and another off his face. the ONE bad goal in my opinion was the vinnie 5-hole. he made some great saves that will be overlooked because 5 got by him. best 5 goal performance i've ever seen. i mean, he stopped like 5 or 6 odd man rushes and breakaways!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Reassurance

In Response to Re: Reassurance:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Reassurance : I think they will. I think they did a much better job last night, but then lost some focus and unfortunately pretty much stopped skating in the 3rd.  So, we're back to the lacking of 60 minute play again, which we know won't work in the playoffs. All it takes is literally one Chara misstep like we saw last night, or a Seidenberg or Boychuk shovel pass that doesn't quite penetrate through into the zone, and those forwards get an odd man rush. Look at how many Boston (Ference was one) defenders had to make a great play on those, Thomas made a great save, or they missed the net on the shot. That game could have been worse.  Gagne missed the net just barely, like 3 times. It seems to happen when they stop skating and hitting, in particular. TB doesn't like being hit.  They shy away from it and are not physical.   Boston has got tighten it up and I think the good news is, they know it, and for whatever reason, they play better on the road. Thomas is also battling right now and not locked in.  I also noticed the 4th line was good last night, but made some mistakes. Paille is just a pain to play against, but I thought Campbell was quiet last night.

Spot on.  It makes me want to delete my response to the same post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to thanks pc:
    [QUOTE]is there a deeper, more talented team in the nhl? a look into the pressbox last night tells me everything i need to know. top two centerman out(an all-star and a canadian olympian), and still find a way to win! how crazy good would this team be with a healthy savvy and bergeron? tuukka lead the league last year in gaa, and save%! talk about deep. thanks for putting together a great TEAM. teams win cups, not players, ask ovie. how many other teams have kaberle as a 5 or 6 d-man? none. deep in all areas, and it didn't happen by accident. give credit where credit is due.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    great post adk as usual. chiarelli has done a great job assembling this years current playoff roster. i think he has been on a mission since last may after what happened with the flyers. from wideman to fla to the 2 for 2 with atlanta. this team is deep,talented,right mix of vets and young guys, and more importantly motivated. i have been critical of the results from kaberle but when u put it in context of having him as a 5th or 6th defensemen i like it. my beef was expecting more but maybe thats on me cause kaberle gave the bruins more last night. it was his best game as a bruin. so your right thanks peter!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Where are all the posters that said the Thomas and Ference contracts were an albatross ? Yah I say thank you to books reference of "cool cap management".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It really is amazing when you consider that three of this team's best players (Bergeron, Savard and Rask) aren't even playing. PC did a great job assembling this team. and they only have four UFA's (one of whom is only averaging 3 minutes a game right now) and one RFA this season? Unreal.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

lets keep the thead away from CJ, as 90% of the threads on this board are about him...this is about PC, and I think he is a top 3 GM in the league

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Correct Red one defenseman and one forward to resign of the four and could more than likely promote within to fill in the rest. Kampfer your 7th Dman with either Sauve, Arneil or Caron, probably the latter, fill one maybe two forward spots along with possibly gulp hate to admit it Glyder as the one vet forward signing.

How will CJ handle all these rooks ?...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Correct Red one defenseman and one forward to resign of the four and could more than likely promote within to fill in the rest. Kampfer your 7th Dman with either Sauve, Arneil or Caron, probably the latter, fill one maybe two forward spots along with possibly gulp hate to admit it Glyder as the one vet forward signing. How will CJ handle all these rooks ?...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I think the two most interesting off-season events will be whether to resign Kaberle or not and how much Marchand's new contract he has yet to negotiate will hit the cap.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: thanks pc:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: thanks pc : I think the two most interesting off-season events will be whether to resign Kaberle or not and how much Marchand's new contract he has yet to negotiate will hit the cap.....Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Coupled with will Savard's money be available or not...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]PC can't be a top 3 GM until his team wins something.  I know you are 22 years old and are ga-ga over Peter Chiarelli, but he's not more accomplished than Holland, Lamiroello, etc. I don't care about rankings, I care about seeing my team have a legitimate chance at a Cup in the cap era with good management. So far, so good.

He's accomplished a lot but bungled a a great deal since the last cup. His stock has dropped out of the top 5 in my opinion (I would rather have Holland, Poille, Rutherford, PC, Feaster, or Burke (yes, I know) in charge; and I'd give Yzerman and Shero a shot first before Uncle Lou).

Sections
Shortcuts