Thanks Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Thanks Ryder

For the game four OT winner against the Habs!Hey without that goal B's may have been out in the first round.
    He sure scored some big goals.
    Didn't always play hard but 82 games is a long season.
    He was a good Bruin!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Thanks Ryder

ya. I'll give up some love for Micheal.  He did leave you wanting more but that is because you expect so much from him.  Only the elite can perform on a consistent basis, like he did occasionally.  He did some good things for us. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

you don't know what you got 'till its gone haha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I will miss him for sure.  I've always loved the clutch playoff guys, and he gave us some moments.  That OT winner and the goalie save were the stuff of legends.  The Bruins have some character guys to replace with him and Recchi gone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ok it's the 4th, a day off for me and about to eat enough hot dogs to kill a show pony but not enough to kill Kobayashi who is going broadcast himself live opposite Nathan's contest :headscratcher: so I'm felling good.

Here goes...I hope Ribeiro and his crazy sushi eating drama queen wife don't get you into too much trouble Glyder and do as PC says beat up the East, That's all I got.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

For the right money, I would have liked to see him stay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

I like Mike! I was also cirtical at times! Bruins lack finish sometimes and Mike brought this to the table.  I hope we can replace that aspect of his game! Not sure the answer is Pouliot but if anyone can staighten him out its the likes of CJ, Chara, Thornton, Bergeron, Lucic!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Thanks Ryder:
    [QUOTE]For the game four OT winner against the Habs!Hey without that goal B's may have been out in the first round. He sure scored some big goals. Didn't always play hard but 82 games is a long season. He was a good Bruin!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

He was no a good Bruin.  He was a half hearted hockey player who failed to show up more often than not.  And don't give me the "He showed up when it counted" bull. 

Thanks for scoring in the playoffs.  Beat it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Thanks Ryder : He was no a good Bruin.  He was a half hearted hockey player who failed to show up more often than not.  And don't give me the "He showed up when it counted" bull.  Thanks for scoring in the playoffs.  Beat it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

^^this^^

Plus, he didn't play 82 games this year.  He played 79 games this year.

to the OP
    How many players that you know of that "bring it" get benched?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Thanks Ryder : He was no a good Bruin.  He was a half hearted hockey player who failed to show up more often than not.  And don't give me the "He showed up when it counted" bull.  Thanks for scoring in the playoffs.  Beat it.

Agree with him or not, you gotta love NAS. In this case I agree.  The hard working Ryder who we all love just doesn't show up often enough to make up for the frustration that Glyder causes.  Thanks for the 2011 play-off contributions but don't let the door hit you in the A... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion but I disagree.Is he worth 4 mill?Certainly not but I loved the way he competed in the playoffs and would have liked to have him back at a reasonable salary .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

I'm gonna miss that beautiful shot!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion but I disagree.Is he worth 4 mill?Certainly not but I loved the way he competed in the playoffs and would have liked to have him back at a reasonable salary .
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

The reason he competed is b/c it was a contract year.  No more no less.  NAS summed it up perfectly.  He was paid to be a top 6 fwd.  His performance was non-interested for the duration. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Bruins don't win the Cup without his contributions, that should count for something.  This guys three years in Boston were often maddening, but a Cup is a Cup.  Results matter, at least it does to me.

Agree that it is time to move on without him, way too inconsistent.  At age 31, there is no reason to expect that to improve.  Good call by PC on this round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Right on, NAS

n Response to Re: Thanks Ryder:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins don't win the Cup without his contributions, that should count for something.  This guys three years in Boston were often maddening, but a Cup is a Cup.  Results matter, at least it does to me. Agree that it is time to move on without him, way too inconsistent.  At age 31, there is no reason to expect that to improve.  Good call by PC on this round.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

He was on the team.  The team won the cup.  He must be good. 
    That line of reasoning is being used a lot around here lately.  Ryder must be good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

just remember,the Stanley Cup is won in the playoffs not in the way too long regular season. hopefully the "hard working' player that replaces Ryder  has some scoring talent. and yes he was a 'good' Bruin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

I would have liked to see him come back on a 1yr deal until Seguin matures some more... Caron likely takes Rex's spot but dunno who will take Ryder's right away...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins don't win the Cup without his contributions, that should count for something.  This guys three years in Boston were often maddening, but a Cup is a Cup.  Results matter, at least it does to me. Agree that it is time to move on without him, way too inconsistent.  At age 31, there is no reason to expect that to improve.  Good call by PC on this round.

I will remember him fondly as a member of the team.  I will also remember the second I ready "Ryder - Dal" just as fondly.

I am happy he was here and I am happy with his playoff performance. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : I will remember him fondly as a member of the team.  I will also remember the second I ready "Ryder - Dal" just as fondly. I am happy he was here and I am happy with his playoff performance. 

That sounds so much better than, "Thanks for scoring in the playoffs. Beat it."...don't you think?

Maybe not as funny, but better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Ten years from now my memory of Ryder as a Bruin will be his play in this year's playoffs. But the Bruins are in semi transition mode, and it's time to move on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Thank you Michael Ryder. I will always appreciate the nightmares you would give Montreal in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : The reason he competed is b/c it was a contract year.  No more no less.  NAS summed it up perfectly.  He was paid to be a top 6 fwd.  His performance was non-interested for the duration. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this. His last contract year he was terrible with Montreal. Check you facts pal. He also had a very solid first year with the Bruins

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : That sounds so much better than, " Thanks for scoring in the playoffs. Beat it ."...don't you think? Maybe not as funny, but better.

Yeah, but it wasn't nearly as fun to write!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

I'll miss him, personally. I'll take a guy who performs in the playoffs any-day.

Personally, I feel all professional sports have way too many regular season games. If professional hockey halved the amount of games during the regular season, I'd be a happy man.

Ryder, I'll never forget the glove save against tomas Plekanec. Thanks for the memories. (to all the haters here, eat a d*ck). The regular season is inferior hockey. I could care less if we glide through it so long as we perform when a championship is on the line.

I highly doubt you all go to bed smiling thinking about how awesome our regular season turned out...