Thanks Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Thanks Ryder

In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder:
    [QUOTE]I'll miss him, personally. I'll take a guy who performs in the playoffs any-day. Personally, I feel all professional sports have way too many regular season games. If professional hockey halved the amount of games during the regular season, I'd be a happy man. Ryder, I'll never forget the glove save against tomas Plekanec. Thanks for the memories. (to all the haters here, eat a d*ck). The regular season is inferior hockey. I could care less if we glide through it so long as we perform when a championship is on the line. I highly doubt you all go to bed smiling thinking about how awesome our regular season turned out...
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

I like the amount of games.  I personally enjoy watching hockey.  The more they play, the more I can watch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : I like the amount of games.  I personally enjoy watching hockey.  The more they play, the more I can watch.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I enjoy watching good hockey. I do not enjoy watching passion-less hockey.

the playoffs is good hockey. The regular season is passion-less hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : I enjoy watching good hockey. I do not enjoy watching passion-less hockey. the playoffs is good hockey. The regular season is passion-less hockey.

Really? The game on Feb; 9th was passion-less? The game against Philly where the score was what? 8-6 for the B's was passion-less? The game where the B's scored 5 goals in the 3rd to beat Pitts was passion-less? I agree the atmosphere wasn't the same; but to say the regular season is passion-less is a stretch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : I enjoy watching good hockey. I do not enjoy watching passion-less hockey. the playoffs is good hockey. The regular season is passion-less hockey.

My mom only watches the playoffs also.

Talk to you in April when you start following hockey again.

I'll be watching good/bad/average/awesome/terrible hockey throughout the hockey season at all different levels.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

i will be honest i liked the signing of ryder i thought given a chance he could do an even better job scoring goals like in Montreal with the (2) 30 goal seasons. wrong!
    the first season was good he had his moments and in the play-offs he had 13 points in 11 games. from the end of that playoff series with Carolina to start of the Montreal series this year ryders game can best be described as mediocre. ryder played 174 games in that time(including playoffs) with 40 goals 39 assists for 79 points that is just not god enough for a player that's being payed top 6 forward money. then this years playoff run makes ryder a good bruin?
     i guess i was thinking about this the other day and when i think back to micheal Ryder's time as a bruin compared to what he got payed for.......... i would call it a WASH because of the bruins winning the cup and his role in their run but if his career in Boston had ended after game 82 in jersey i would have asked for a refund. thanks and good bye!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The important thing is...he'll need to be replaced.
    And...he needs to be replaced with someone who'll score 40 something points, even with a few mailed in nights.  The replacement needs to be reasonably responsible defensively...posses the ability to come up big from time to time....and be a consistent scoring threat in the playoffs.

Not necessarily either a cheap, or easy piece to replace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I think if they could have signed him to a 1 yr contract they would have.
    PC nows they have some contracts to get done next year he probebly
    wanted at least 2 yrs. I agree LBG it was a wash since we won the

Cup with him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : My mom only watches the playoffs also. Talk to you in April when you start following hockey again. I'll be watching good/bad/average/awesome/terrible hockey throughout the hockey season at all different levels.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Man, you insufferable dooshe-bag. I've watched almost every regular season game for years, just because I'm a hockey junkie and need to get my fix until the playoffs start. 

I know you like stroking your hockey-lover epeen, but you're analysis of everything except maybe, trades and salary cap situations, is god awful. I think it honestly makes it worse that you claim to watch so much hockey, yet are entirely glib about how the game is played. When you don't know sh*t about the actual game, it might be hard to notice the differences in variation the style of play, but anyone with a brain can notice the intensity on the the forecheck goes through the roof during the playoffs. You can cash-out that difference in the enjoyment department.

NHL playoff hockey is how the game is supposed to be played. It's a work of art that is only rivaled by olympic hockey. It's how college players would play if they had more talent. Unfortunately, as in all professional sports, the big time is a ticket to coast through the regular season while working just hard enough not to accused of coasting. 

Sure, there are many games in the regular season, where for one reason or another (almost always a dirty hit), players seem to care more than others. Maybe we even see a chain of retaliatory fights and think that this is the best thing since sliced bread; however, I measure passion by the intensity on the forecheck, and the backcheck, in front of the net, etc, not by how many right's Lucic can get in before the ref moves in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Yep ....hate to see him with another team ...Players nowadays just dont get it ..for $750,000 less he would still be a Bruin ..dam money !  Michael Ryder was part of a good group of players ...Stanley Cup champs , he decided to choose the $$$   Good bye Mike ...I dont think you will be as happy in Dallas as you would have been in Boston ...but thats your choice ...thanks for the contribution to our 6th Stanley cup ...but you wont be part of the 7th ...Good bye

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The top players on any team you expect to be talented, bring it every night  and come through under pressure.  The rest of the lineup- you can't expect that from them.  There will be some flaw.  I would prefer it be the middle one.  The only problem is, you can't pay them like the top players in a cap system.  Ryder got top player money in Dallas and PC was right to let him walk.  But I will miss him.  He was on his game for three straight post-seasons, including the most important one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

A million thank you's for helping win the cup Mike.
    Thanks for the great shot, nice save vs the Habs, timely playoff scoring and tenacity. Regular season = frustrating guy. Overpriced going forward though so good move to let him walk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Between our two key UFA's, I would have preferred that we resigned Ryder to Kaberle. His chemistry with Seguin was evident and its not a long term commitment. I don't think that contract he received was unreasonable and I wish he was brought back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Between our two key UFA's, I would have preferred that we resigned Ryder to Kaberle. His chemistry with Seguin was evident and its not a long term commitment. I don't think that contract he received was unreasonable and I wish he was brought back.
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]
    I don't think the contract would be unreasonable if the dollars involved were what he would recieve if he scored say 25 -30 goals as a bonus.Considering his play in the regular season I think it was too much money ,I wish we had him back but not for that kind of money.I think the B's should sign Kaberle now. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Drafted in 98 216th, is 13th in goal scoring for that year.
                         G      Sal         Cap   lstyr   new contr                 P/O Pts
    Lecavalier 1st 351     10M        7.7     25G   existing 11yr 85M    6 - 13 = 19  
    Gagne   22nd  276      5.25      5.25   17     2yr/3.5                  5 - 7 = 12
    Tanguay 12th  225     1.7        1.7    22G     5yr/3.5                 ---------
    Datsyul 171st 221      6.7         6.7    23       exist 7yr 46.9       4 -11= 15
    Richards 64th 220      7.8         7.8    28      9yr/60M   6.7         --------
    Gionta  82nd   209     5.0          5.0    29      exist 5yr 25M        3 - 2 - 5
    Cole     71st   184     3.0         2.9     26     4yr 18M 4.5cap       --------
    Antropov 10th 172    3.75  4.0625M    16     exis 4yr 16.25         --------
    Fisher   44th   172    4.0         4.2      19     exist 5yr 21.0         3 - 4 = 7
    Cheechoo29    170    3.5         3.0      - 18 in AHL                    ---------
    Legwand 2nd   169    4.5         4.5     17      exist 6yr 27M         6 - 3 = 9
    Gomez   27      167    8.0     7.357      7       exist 7yr 51.5         0 - 4 = 4

Ryder   216      162    4.0       4.0      18       2yr 3.5                 8 - 9 = 17

Considering only 3 of the elite from his drafting class made less, 1 was in the minors the other 2 coming off injury plagued careers and getting over the top compensation for decent years last year.

His playoff scoring behind only that of Lecav who made 10M last year at a cap hit of 7.7M

When you put it into perspective Ryder's numbers are better than his graduating class and he has the cup. The B's got more for less. 

I never liked his contract after coming off a 14G season, I believed that PC way overpaid for him.  That contract brought out all the hate mongerers, that thought he should be skating 100 miles an hour every stride he was on the ice.  I also thought that he wasn't giving it his all, so I watched and he was no different than any other player other than Berg for not taking shifts off and that is a fact.  He played with more linemates in his 3 seasons here and even his last season than Howe did in his 50 year career.  He also played less mins than any top 6 players in the league and yet was expected to produce off the 3rd line because the checking line was the 2nd line and his playmates were bounced around like jolly jumpers.  Despite these limited mins he still led the team in PPG, and that shut down at the same time that he was removed and came back alive in the playoffs when he was reinstated even though he was always on the 2nd grouping.

Ryder played for the team, was always a cj fav because he could depend on him to play both ways despite never having the same mates beside him game in game out like the rest of the lines or even shift to shift.  Ryder was a gamer, he is not a fighter, he is a goal scorer that played with no ice and no mates. 
        His ice is even more depleted when you come to realize that half of his shifts per game came to an end when he took the puck into the opposing zone and shot an easily stopable puck or lost it to the defncemen in the corners , as his mates were already gone for a change(how I hate the julien way sometimes).

Ryder you will be missed on the scoresheet and in the big games, especially as you were our own private habnot killer.  You earned the ring more than most on the team and you will be missed big time on this team despite the haters and no minds on here.  I know with some it was the salary(me) and some the perceived glyder idea but you earned your 12M here with 2 huge defeats of the habs and a stanley cup, the first hab defeat earned 12m in itself, how people forget the dreaded curselike losses to the pond scum.  That has all been changed with your help and we have another cup.

Goodluck in Dallas, hope you score 30, no 40 and beat the freakin habnots every chance you get. 

Long may your big jib draw!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : I don't think the contract would be unreasonable if the dollars involved were what he would recieve if he scored say 25 -30 goals as a bonus.Considering his play in the regular season I think it was too much money ,I wish we had him back but not for that kind of money.I think the B's should sign Kaberle now. 
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

Well he did score 26 Goals this season...it just took him 104 games to do it. Do I think Ryder is a great player? No, but he fits with our team. 2nd or 3rd line winger with a short term deal. I guess my point is I'd take the known commodity over the unknown (Caron/Pouliot/???) and 3.5 M is not bad when you consider the B's have over 10M (maybe as much as 16M) available.

Why do you want Kaberle to be signed? He was just as inconsistent as Ryder, in fact he was probably worse. B's also now have two forward openings as opposed to the one defense opening.

IMHO, it just made more sense to resign Ryder and let Kaberle walk. Letting players in camp compete for one forward spot and one defense spot sounds better than having two holes at forward and none at defense (assuming PC resigns Kaberle)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last night I re-watched the final and it was weird seeing Ryder in a Bruins jersey. 
    I'm a bit of a ham when it comes to these things . I'll just have to remember that team picture with him in it.
    I still say it was not his fault he got the contract with the Bruins (who would not take it) for a good 3rd liner. Maybe if he was making 2.5M per year we would have been less hard on him. 
    On that note Dallas overpaid and shame on them. It's teams like them, Sabres and Panthers that will cause another lockout.

Good luck Ryder !

p.s. btw he was good friends with Souray and now re-united. Not with Ribiero.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

If only he could have played they way he did in his first year here. Despite the 27-26-53 line, he was invisible the first little bit of the season, but sure as heck was more productive than the last 2 seasons.

I'm glad he was a Bruin, and it's not out of the question to believe that had he not made "the save" in game 5, or scored in OT in game 4, we would not have won the cup, let alone have made it out of the first round.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dentris. Show dentris's posts

[QUOTE]Last night I re-watched the final and it was weird seeing Ryder in a Bruins jersey.  I'm a bit of a ham when it comes to these things . I'll just have to remember that team picture with him in it. I still say it was not his fault he got the contract with the Bruins (who would not take it) for a good 3rd liner. Maybe if he was making 2.5M per year we would have been less hard on him.  On that note Dallas overpaid and shame on them. It's teams like them, Sabres and Panthers that will cause another lockout. Good luck Ryder ! p.s. btw he was good friends with Souray and now re-united. Not with Ribiero.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Dallas will help cause another lockout? Because they over payed a bit for Ryder? Dallas had one of the lowest payrolls in the league last year and had to spend 10 million to get to the cap floor. Get a clue before you slam other organizations.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IAgree playoffs are everything!!!!!!!n Response to Re: Thanks Ryder:
    [QUOTE]I'll miss him, personally. I'll take a guy who performs in the playoffs any-day. Personally, I feel all professional sports have way too many regular season games. If professional hockey halved the amount of games during the regular season, I'd be a happy man. Ryder, I'll never forget the glove save against tomas Plekanec. Thanks for the memories. (to all the haters here, eat a d*ck). The regular season is inferior hockey. I could care less if we glide through it so long as we perform when a championship is on the line. I highly doubt you all go to bed smiling thinking about how awesome our regular season turned out...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks Ryder : Dallas will help cause another lockout? Because they over payed a bit for Ryder? Dallas had one of the lowest payrolls in the league last year and had to spend 10 million to get to the cap floor. Get a clue before you slam other organizations.
    Posted by dentris[/QUOTE]

Look at the big picture if you can look ahead.
    It's contracts like this one on July 1st and like the one Ladd just got that has salaries of mediocre players rise. 
    So what if Dallas spent less than anyone else last season ?
    Their another team that is spending money they don't have to reach the minimum cap hit.  Get a clue ?
    Go back to the Red Sox board.