That concussion Lucic gave Miller? Yeah, not so much:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: That concussion Lucic gave Miller? Yeah, not so much:

In Response to Re: That concussion Lucic gave Miller? Yeah, not so much::
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking more of guys taking hits to the head, or acting dazed/woozy after a hit, and either not missing a shift or being back out on the ice in less than the allotted time.  For instance, going strictly by that regulation I've gotten the impression that Letang should not have been back on the ice on Saturday for that game-winner.  (I don't have access to game recordings any more, so I can't check the real-time that passed.)
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    Me too DR. I've seen some big collisions and have yet to hear of someone being sent back to the quiet room. Maybe it's happenning but I'm not hearing about it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

There are many types of players in ice hockey:

- the primadonas with skills
    - the primadonas with marginal skills
    - the silent grinders with skills
    - the vocal whiners with marginal skills
    - the whiners with barely enough skill to make it to the NHL

I think we all know where Miller falls. 

I'd also like to say that I love the word "concussed".  It is a hilariously funny word. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Letang was sent home and not playing tonight against the Rangers. Seems like he was concussed afterall.
    You just don't know and sometimes effects only start a few days later.
    As for Miller fine now we can all say he didn't have a concussion but when it happened nobody could have known.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Letang was sent home and not playing tonight against the Rangers. Seems like he was concussed afterall. You just don't know and sometimes effects only start a few days later. As for Miller fine now we can all say he didn't have a concussion but when it happened nobody could have known.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    They're saying he's out because of the broken nose which likely swelled up considerably after the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Miller's comments were petty and foolish, but it was the coach, GM and organization that jumped up on their soap boxes and try to lobby for suspension.

Also - Miller's play in the Olympics was one of the main reasons they got as far as they did. He played out of his mind...and was much better than any goalie on the other side. He let in a tough final goal. Get over it.

He's not on his way out of Buffalo. You don't just let your franchise goalie walk out the door.

This is a case of the goalie being utterly embarrassed - by the play, by his response, by the lack of response from his team. Things piled on and snowballed quickly. Now he's still embarrassed and trying to get his head back into a good space to play. The other stuff you bring up is ridiculous...this isn't the comment pages on TSN.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That concussion Lucic gave Miller? Yeah, not so much: : They're saying he's out because of the broken nose which likely swelled up considerably after the game.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Pierre Lebrun on TSN radio  thinks it's a concussion but that's only an opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That concussion Lucic gave Miller? Yeah, not so much: : Being accurate or providing a well-founded opinion is unwelcomed on the Pats board, so I thank you.  haha
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

LOL... then stop with your Brady theory.
    p.s. Though you are very informative on the Pats and stats.
    Too bad because you had over 10 000 posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

Unbelievable ! Lots of doctors on Bruin's board...Dr Recchi and his colleague...wow the american Medical association !

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That concussion Lucic gave Miller? Yeah, not so much: : Not to be disrespectful to this board here, but how is 5 straight games of horrendous 1st half play a "theory"? It happened. There is clearly a pocket of insecure fans that can't be critical, or really, OBJECTIVE, when it comes to #12.  The guy could toss 4 INTs on Sunday and some would run through a fire pit to spin it. Absolutely pathetic homerism.

Don't take it personal, I was pnly kidding with you.  You were correct Brady was a little off on some of those games.
    I'm not going to argue football with you , you have better knowledge than me .
    Besides your posts on the other board and very informative. But let's keep this talk out of the Bruins threads. 
    LOL... there's a thread dedicated to you on the Patriots board. Go Pats !

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]. I said it in Feb of 2010 and say it now, Thomas should have started over Miller in the Olympics.  USA might have earned gold. 

You were wrong then and you are wrong now.  Thomas had a historic season for the ages in 2011.  He's playing at a very high level now.  He won a Vezina in 2009.

However at THAT point in time Thomas was playing miserable.  He simply had a poor year in 2010, and it does not make anyone less of a Bruins fan to admit it.  Whether it was an injury or whatever, the fact was Miller was clearly the choice then and he was absolutely brilliant in that Olympics.

People get mad when people point out a bad goal Thomas gives up and say, look at the whole game, the whole season.  Fair enough.  Pretending that Miller shouldnt have been in goal because of a mediocre goal against in OT and ignoring the fact he carried the team there is just disingenuous.

And Thomas?  At any other point in the last 3 years, I'd agree with you.  However in Feb of 2010, Quick should have been in uniform, not Thomas.  He certainly should not have played over Miller then.

PS, for the record I absolutely hate Miller.  But I dont believe in just ignoring the facts of the time and making up stuff just to be a fan.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, disagree. The competition never was allowed to happen. As stated, I would roll the dice with Thomas, his drive, character, and how teams play in front of him over a larger, tehnically sound goalie like Miller. Just my opinion and I think that opinion was proven last June with Thomas hositing the Cup.  You can't teach passion, drive and character. It's why we see so many great players become great and others look at their stats pretending their great. The fact is, Thomas has been outstanding in All Star games against elite competition and Miller was more of the flavor of the day. I get it. I just disagree with it. By that time, Thomas was rounding back into health anyway.  He was playing well, and just as well as Miller.  Miller was deemed "younger".  That was really the difference in the decision. IMO, I think the decision was made PRIOR to the Olympics and I disagree with that.  I am not "wrong" at all. I disagree with it. The goal Miller allowed to lose the gold was atrocious and will live in infamy.  It was horrible. To go to OT and then lose like that? Lack of focus by Miller. TEAM USA's team D was outstanding in front of Miller and he lets in a goal like that? Come on. It's what you do when it counts, not what you do in some games against Germany or Switzerland in elimination rounds. Team USA was poised to win gold and Miller let them down.  End of story. PS I don't believe in making stuff up either. lol Thomas wasn't "miserable" in 2010, he wasn't as good as he was before coming off surgery early in the 2009/2010 season. By February, he was clearly healthy again.  If he wasn't, he wouldn't have been chosen. Pretty simple stuff here.

unless the doctor had a time machine, there was no way a may 2010 hip surgery was helping in the february olympics.