That was a CRUSHING deafeat for the Flyers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

That was a CRUSHING deafeat for the Flyers

I mean they were flying high....and rightfully so.  Even before the Bin Laden news, they already had every reason to be up for this game, with how they lost the first one and obviously not wanting to head to Boston down 0-2.  But you add in the extra emotion of God Bless America, the early goal, the second goal, the sea of orange adorned fans screaming at the top of their lungs through it all........and they lose?  

Ooof that was a swift kick in the liberty bells the Bruins delivered tonight

Well done B's.  To overcome THAT storm?  That took serious grapes.  Philly had every reason to win that game.  No one would have blamed Boston for coming home tied 1-1 with what they had going against them.  Yet they still found a way to gut it out and in turn may have gutted the Flyers

We shall see.  If any team has shown they can percivere and come back, it's Philly.  Not just against us, but anybody.  So you can't count them out.  But if they do end up indeed out in a few games, this will be the one we point to

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: That was a CRUSHING deafeat for the Flyers

The fact that the Bs had to play like a full game a man down is the real satisfaction.  Bs let's not take anythingfor granted.  We all know that Philly won't go down just yet!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to That was a CRUSHING deafeat for the Flyers:
    [QUOTE]God Bless America, the early goal, the second goal, the sea of orange adorned fans screaming at the top of their lungs through it all........and they lose?   Ooof that was a swift kick in the liberty bells the Bruins delivered tonight Well done B's.  To overcome THAT storm?  That took serious grapes.  Philly had every reason to win that game.  No one would have blamed Boston for coming home tied 1-1 with what they had going against them.  Yet they still found a way to gut it out and in turn may have gutted the Flyers We shall see.  If any team has shown they can percivere and come back, it's Philly.  Not just against us, but anyoby.  So you can't count them out.  But if they do end up indeed out in a few games, this will be the one we point to
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]
    Philly had to win this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Speaking of crushing, how about those Boychuk hits?  Absolutely devastating.  Nice to see those mutant Philly fans go down 2-0.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Johhny B had one of his biggest games as a Bruin tonight TTG!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: That was a CRUSHING deafeat for the Flyers:
    [QUOTE]Johhny B had one of his biggest games as a Bruin tonight TTG!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

He still scares me shitless when he's carrying the puck in his own end, but by the end of the game he was playing pretty well.  He definitely stepped his game up with McQuaid being out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Happy as heck we won but I aint calling no series over til the 4th game is won. I have seen both the good and the bad truths to that as a sox and bruins fan!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Will be interesting to see how the Flyers respond back in Boston. I just hope the Bruins don't get back to their regular season ways.......and decide not to play the full 60......or 80 minutes that might be needed to win.

One more W, and I'll dare say you can put a fork in the Flyers. And I really don't think we have to be too concerned of a repeat from last year..........for many, many reasons.

It's great to be Bruin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

nice to see the boychuk we saw against buffalo last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Happy as heck we won but I aint calling no series over til the 4th game is won. I have seen both the good and the bad truths to that as a sox and bruins fan!
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

I won't call this won until after teh 4th game is done AND each major news network reports it and it's on NHL.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

san,

I agree boychuk may have changed the entire pace of the game with those 2 monster hits.  Bet Shelly doesnt play another game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That was a CRUSHING deafeat for the Flyers : nice to see the boychuk we saw against buffalo last year.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot about that hit he had it that series last year.  

We're going to have to start calling him Johnny Manchuck.  Becuase he Chucks Men like they were a pair of old sneakers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Wow 4 OT wins!!  Wooooo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That was a CRUSHING deafeat for the Flyers : nice to see the boychuk we saw against buffalo last year.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he completely flattened a few Flyers tonight. Remember his hit on Ennis in the first round last year??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]san, I agree boychuk may have changed the entire pace of the game with those 2 monster hits.  Bet Shelly doesnt play another game.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Shelley makes Thornton seem like a useful player and I was worried everytime 22 was on the ice.I'd love to see Shelley get some more shifts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Also must be getting in the heads of the flyers not being able to score on Thomas with so many opportunities. I was sure JVR was going to score his third. He seemed poised to get the hat trick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He didn't get the hat trick?!?  To hear TSN tell it, he had an Ovechtrick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

"Ooof that was a swift kick in the liberty bells the Bruins delivered tonight"

Nice. Gotta steal that at some point.

It would be nice to see Boston go up 3-0 only to see how they react in Game 4. I have a feeling it would be a pounding under those circumstances....just to prove a point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Put me in the crowd who will wait until it's over before I feel good. Great win last night delivered by TT.  Great team effort in game 1.  But it doesn't matter how big our goaltending effort is TT will not be able to win 2 more in this series if the play is as lopsided as last night. We will have to get better at a time when Philly is the more desperate team.  They will be through at least the next two games.  The first four games of this series could easily mirror the Habs series.

In case anyone is wondering, I was a believer in the last round.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

said it before, i'll say it again...it's the team that REFUSES TO LOSE, that wins the cup. right now the b's are refusing to lose- 4 OT wins in 9 games(zero OT losses). i like what i am seeing. keep it up b's. as far as last nights game, the flyers have to be discouraged. they threw the kitchen sink at TT, and he held the fort. what an amazing effort.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

When I saw Quaider was down and out, I thought now is the time for Kaberle to step up eat some big minutes and move that damn puck!

Instead I witnessed the transformation of Boychuck to Manchuck aka "the horse". What a game great hits good in his zone and let off a few Johnny Rockets. If he can keep it up like that a top 4 of Chara-Siedes-ference-Boychuck could be one of the strongest physical D's left in the playoffs.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]Will be interesting to see how the Flyers respond back in Boston. I just hope the Bruins don't get back to their regular season ways.......and decide not to play the full 60......or 80 minutes that might be needed to win. One more W, and I'll dare say you can put a fork in the Flyers. And I really don't think we have to be too concerned of a repeat from last year..........for many, many reasons. It's great to be Bruin.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. The B's are a completely different team than last year.....Much much better and better goal tending this year. Philly doesnt scare me as much as the montreal series did. Not because we are up 2-0, but I really felt we matched up better against them, plus none of the 3 goalies they have can carry Price's Jock. By no means am I a habs fan, but Price is way better than anything the flyers have for goaltending.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: That was a CRUSHING deafeat for the Flyers:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That was a CRUSHING deafeat for the Flyers : nice to see the boychuk we saw against buffalo last year. Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

I very nice sight to see...

25. This post has been removed.