That was like a playoff game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That was like a playoff game

I was so tense till the buzzer just like game7 against Tampa.

LA had won 6 straight games and have been playing playoff hockey to remain in playoff position . 

Thank you LA Kings for bringing the best of Tim Thomas and the Bruins.  They put the Bruins into playoff mode, speed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Re: That was like a playoff game

green light hits all over the ice.  I loved it but had my fingers crossed for no boston concussions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

People can say Thomas kept them in it but it's all part of winning the game.  Which they did.  With luck this big win puts them a step closer to the consistent level of play they'll need in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: That was like a playoff game:
    People can say Thomas kept them in it but it's all part of winning the game.  Which they did.  With luck this big win puts them a step closer to the consistent level of play they'll need in the playoffs.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

You could tell the players played hard with the extra effort fighting for pucks , especially on the PK and with the empty net. Noticed also the D really helping Thomas clear those rebounds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

TT = A+
    Rest of team = B

Bottom line - find a way to score more goals than the opposition.  Nothing else really matters.

I was surprised LA was as physical as they were.  I really liked that Kelly fight, he wasn't going to take cr.ap from anyone.  Playoff hockey indeed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

LA is a big team, and they played just the right kind of hockey for the B's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: That was like a playoff game : You could tell the players played hard with the extra effort fighting for pucks , especially on the PK and with the empty net. Noticed also the D really helping Thomas clear those rebounds.
    Posted by BsLegion

thats what i got out of last night legion the penalty kill was at playoff level last night. even when they got out of shape they recovered quickly and harassed the hell out of LA. especially on bergerons goal. swear i heard on ice mic pick up doughty say"o sh_t" when he tried to pass puck kopitar on that same play. the bruins were all over them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Im also really liking Carons game of late ala bergeron style on the forchecking and backchecking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goaler82. Show Goaler82's posts

In response to "That was like a playoff game":
    I was so tense till the buzzer just like game7 against Tampa. LA had won 6 straight games and have been playing playoff hockey to remain in playoff position .  Thank you LA Kings for bringing the best of Tim Thomas and the Bruins.  They put the Bruins into playoff mode, speed. Posted by BsLegion
    I was at the game in L. A. and I'm going to the Ducks game too. TT looks like he's getting back into the form that we expect out of him and Peverly is supposed to be playing against the Ducks. What a great game that was. The crowd had to have been almost a third Bruins fans. GO B'S!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to "That was like a playoff game": I was at the game in L. A. and I'm going to the Ducks game too. TT looks like he's getting back into the form that we expect out of him and Peverly is supposed to be playing against the Ducks. What a great game that was. The crowd had to have been almost a third Bruins fans. GO B'S!!!
    Posted by Goaler82

It sounded like playoff atmosphere in the building. Must have been a great game to be at, especially with the outcome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

green light hits all over the ice.  I loved it but had my fingers crossed for no boston concussions.
    Posted by Neecic

That brings me to something I noticed in last nights game and other games when the opposing team plays physical,  they seem to go hard on Krejci.
    Is the game plan to gout and hit Krejci and you stop the Bruins ?
    Seems like he's targeted by every team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

LA is a big team, and they played just the right kind of hockey for the B's
    Posted by bogie6

Yep, playing the physical game plays right into the Bruins hands. Loved the hit Lucic put on Brown. Dustin Penner: Size, skill and not heartbeat whatsoever. What a waste.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: That was like a playoff game : Yep, playing the physical game plays right into the Bruins hands. Loved the hit Lucic put on Brown. Dustin Penner: Size, skill and not heartbeat whatsoever. What a waste.
    Posted by kelvana33

He did seem to get upset at Marchand for a second.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: That was like a playoff game : He did seem to get upset at Marchand for a second.
    Posted by 50belowzero

I can only imagine what Marchand said to him. Probably "where'd you come from, it's the second period, didnt realize you were dressed." Can't beleive he was the casue of such venom between Burke and Lowe..Burke should have him on his Christmas card list ot this day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: That was like a playoff game : I can only imagine what Marchand said to him. Probably "where'd you come from, it's the second period, didnt realize you were dressed." Can't beleive he was the casue of such venom between Burke and Lowe..Burke should have him on his Christmas card list ot this day.
    Posted by kelvana33

Or "Any pancakes hurt your back lately?  What about syrup?"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I loved that big hit Lucic put on Brown. What I liked more was that there was no silly fight after a solid clean hit. That was really entertaining gm from start to finish.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In Response to Re: That was like a playoff game : That brings me to something I noticed in last nights game and other games when the opposing team plays physical,  they seem to go hard on Krejci. Is the game plan to gout and hit Krejci and you stop the Bruins ? Seems like he's targeted by every team.
    Posted by BsLegion

seems that way, and its funny seguin never seems to get hit.  But i also have noticed (and it happened a couple times last night) scrums after the whistle infront of opponents net where the D men start to push and shove krejci, they always seem to stop after about 1.5 seconds.  Almost like "oh right lucic is on the ice". Having a deterent like that on the first line is priceless.

Sections
Shortcuts