That was only a sample of the 2011 Stanley Cup final BRUINS-BLUES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: That was only a sample of the 2011 Stanley Cup final BRUINS-BLUES

I don't think the Blues have enough physical maturity to make it out of a very, very tough Western conference. Certainly a very good team with great team speed, but that could be matched by the likes of Chi, SJ, Van, Det, and LA. In 2-3 years, however, the Blues look like they are going to be extremely dangerous...Johnson and Pietrangelo only older!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

When does Recchi not look slow?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: That was only a sample of the 2011 Stanley Cup final BRUINS-BLUES:
    [QUOTE]Great game, even in loss.  Halak has a streak in him, but no in the playoffs(?) vs. those West teams. Our team needs health (Sturm and/or Savard) and to see if PC can add a plugger or two for the playoffs.
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound[/QUOTE]

In the west the teams crask the crease so much that not sure Halak can handle.  Look at Luongo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It's not like the guy hasn't been given a chance to play with the B's better players. When he first started in Boston I thought he would grow into a 25 - 30 goal a year winger with good size and become a physical presence for them but none of that has happened. He has potential but under CJ's system I also don't think he will evolve.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

That was only a sample of the 2011 Stanley Cup final BRUINS-BLUES

What a game last night !  Wow !  Both teams desserved the 2 points but we must admit that Halak was lucky last night ...Bergeron and Ryder hit the post during the s-o  and Horton 2 posts during the game ...great effort from Ryder-Wheeler-Chara-all the D squad ..our 4th line ...Horton-Bergeron ....Recchi was a bit slow with all those youngsters....Rask was great all night long  but failed in the s-o.....I loved the game and that could be the Stanley Cup final comes spring 2011

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

A wonderful game to watch. We all seem to see the same with REX no longer keeping up even with 200% effort, and Wheeler, more active than last two years, but, still plays college hockey with dump- ins and failure to complete good feeds. That said, IMO Claude's system ain't working very well and is limiting offensive ingenuity. Seguin is shackled; Caron makes a mistake and Claude sits him out; Recchi sahould be sitting; Seguin should be on the wing with Bergeron; definitely time for some movement[ Wheeler, Hunwick, Ference,]; add Rex to coaching staff; give Arneil and Hamill and Bartkowski a shot. Claude will have a panic attack, but McQuaid is playing solid and is not outskated as we notice with others.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Great game, even in loss.  Halak has a streak in him, but no in the playoffs(?) vs. those West teams.

Our team needs health (Sturm and/or Savard) and to see if PC can add a plugger or two for the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: That was only a sample of the 2011 Stanley Cup final BRUINS-BLUES:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That was only a sample of the 2011 Stanley Cup final BRUINS-BLUES : In the west the teams crask the crease so much that not sure Halak can handle.  Look at Luongo.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Washington last year crashed Halek's crease like mad last year. I think they got 4 goalie interference penalties in the last 5 games of the series. Halek will be fine. Speaking of Bobby Lou? Don't be surprised to see Cory Schneider take that #1 job come play-offs! Already the fans are screaming to make the move.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

ya lets trade a guy with lots of potential, a reasonably low cap hit, who's playing well but not putting points on the board.  We'll get a good return for that right?

we get rid of wheeler the ryder/sturm conversation continues except now we have to lose 2 of the 3 players because we're still way over the cap, it doesnt make sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

You must be blind...unless you did'nt watch the game ...Wheel made some good moves in the 3rd and in OT ...he is a big guy and protects the puck very well...you need a player like him to get to the Cup ....I love him ..he will score 30 ++ goals this year ...believe me

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Wheeler was a no show in what was a great game other than the B's losing. He never wins puck battles. Recchi looked slow.
    The B's were unlucky that Horton's first one didn't make it completely over the line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Come on Stanley, he is a big underachieving zero. He skates in and tries but fails miserably to make a play or fore check. Then he flounders around and goes back to sit on the bench until it's time for another nonproductive 60 seconds on the ice. Seems like he is never where the puck is. Time for the Wheel to roll to the next team in a cap saving trade. I'm sure there are plenty of GM's that feel like you and are chomping at the bit to get BIG BLAKE on their squad.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

some of the responses in this thread make me LOL. "Yeah, was't that a great game! And HE stinks and HE stinks and HE stinks!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]ya lets trade a guy with lots of potential, a reasonably low cap hit, who's playing well but not putting points on the board.  We'll get a good return for that right? we get rid of wheeler the ryder/sturm conversation continues except now we have to lose 2 of the 3 players because we're still way over the cap, it doesnt make sense.
    Posted by Seabasshole[/QUOTE]

Define "potential" exactly.  I see Seguin with "potential" - I see him making mistakes and correcting them, I see him getting used to the NHL game.

Is Wheeler making mistakes?  Does he need to get used to the NHL game?

Last year he was indecisive, this year he is absolutely more decisive.  He is more aggressive this year.

But his instincts are bad.  One play I saw him try to bang the puck off the boards to get around the guy when there seemed to be a lane in the middle.  Then it was as if CJ told him to go up the middle because it was the next play when the off the boards move seemed the better move, he tried the middle, as if he were told to - or preprogrammed to do so.

Everyone says he has potential, but it seems to be fading more as time goes on.  Call it the sophomore slump last year, but his numbers are going to be off this year unless he totally goes off the charts on a tear.

Dump him now before he has no value.

Or best case, I think he's a slow learner.  3-4 years he'll be conssistantly a 15-20 goal scorer and until then he'll have a few rough years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinger626. Show stinger626's posts

Rask = Toivonen?