That was the last straw

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

That was the last straw

He said that "we need to keep our emotions under control"  WHY ?????? Why the F do you need to keep your emotions under control? If ever there was a game to be played in Boston with an all out emotional performance, it was last night. 

He has abandonded physical play and emotion - it's gone and that's the way he wants it

You put out Bergeron and Marchand in a shoot out and Left JAROMIR JAGR on the bench ?

You put Greg F'ing Campbell on the 1st line ?

I don't care if he wins ten Stanley Cups - I'm counting the days till he's gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: That was the last straw

In response to JWensink's comment:

You put out Bergeron and Marchand in a shoot out and Left JAROMIR JAGR on the bench ?

Yes. Jagr has 5 career SO goals at a 21.7% clip..and every fan from Dallas to Philly to NYR has said the same thing and Jagr's coaches all reply that he's terrible at shootouts. Bergeron is 3 for 7 at 42.9% this year alone. Marchand is 2 for 6 at 33.3% and more importantly has 3 goals against Miller this year in 5 games.

You put Greg F'ing Campbell on the 1st line ?

You seem to not notice that:  A) There is no 1st line. It used to be Lucic-Krejci-Horton but unless you've been living under a rock, that line has stunk it up for several months and B) Campbell and Jagr have been excellent together for 4 games now.

I don't care if he wins ten Stanley Cups - I'm counting the days till he's gone.

Can you count them somewhere else please?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

edit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

I agree with your point about playing with some emotion and Jagr probably would have been up soon in the shootout, Campbell is getting too much ice time and so is Lucic, Lucic needs to watch a few games from the press box imo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Because if you are overly focused on the context of the game, you are not focusing enough on the game.

Have you ever seen the movie Troy?  Brad Pitt says to his disciple : what do you think of when you fight?  The disciple goes: I think of my country, I think of the people back home counting on me ...

Brad Pitt cuts him off and says: then you're dead.  You are to think of your sword and his sword.  That's it.

If you let the emotions get the better of you, you are thinking about how badly you want to win.  But you are focusing so much on what's at stake that you're not focusing on doing the little things, what you've been practicing, fundamentals.

Doc Rivers (and I apologize Nas because I know you hate analogies to other sports, but bear with me)  said to his Celtics team (before they won the NBA finals): we are at our best when we have good ball movement, lets move the ball and get to the free throw line.

Thats BBALL 101.  Right before the game, he didnt give an emotional speech about how their legacies were on the line.  Because he didnt want them thinking about their legacies.  He wanted them to think about fundamentals and doing all of the little things that they could do to put the odds in their favor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree, Wensink.  Last straw.  Let's both delete our accounts and never return.

You first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Boston.com is now telling me that I'm "nrguy" and wont show my post....Awesome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

This team has been playing with no emotion for a while now and that's not good either, you can't play hockey Like a bunch of emotionless robots, would somebody on this team snap when Kaleta starts running around orgod forbid even initiatesome contact!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I agree, Wensink.  Last straw.  Let's both delete our accounts and never return.

You first.

Hey listen up bro

I have an opinion, and I stated it. Your approval doesn't mean anything. You disagree - that's fine. What ? if you disagree with someones opinion - they should delete their account? Are you for real ? Stop and think for a minute just how f&**ed up that concept is.

Get over yourself- this a virtual enviornment where people can voice whatever the choose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Your opinion is that that was the last straw.

What's left?  Nothing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Is it the last straw or not?

Or is it just more drama?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

JW seriously ,  why are you getting all worked up ? Many of the Bruin players being interviewed admitted getting choked up and fighting tears,  is that Juliens fault also ?

Last night was not about fighting and violence, the Bruins still should have won that game if it weren't for Miller and some bad luck.

The last straw is when their season if offically over then you can start a thread as of why it was over,  good or bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I seen a game full of emotions, i seen a game that i thought the bs were outhit and thats about it,

I thought it was a good game and miller stole the game. Seguin, bergeron and marchand are all good in the shootout, if buffalo doesnt get there 3rd then its jagr likely next.

You know what im thinking when its over, I looked at young Martins picture on my desktop and thought to myself, I bet this kid would of loved this game,all the way to the end and still smile after they lost in the shootout.

Now the Bs have to set there physical game level a bit higher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I seen a game full of emotions, i seen a game that i thought the bs were outhit and thats about it,

I thought it was a good game and miller stole the game. Seguin, bergeron and marchand are all good in the shootout, if buffalo doesnt get there 3rd then its jagr likely next.

You know what im thinking when its over, I looked at young Martins picture on my desktop and thought to myself, I bet this kid would of loved this game,all the way to the end and still smile after they lost in the shootout.

Now the Bs have to set there physical game level a bit higher.

Dang right he would have.  Great post, my friend.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

JW seriously ,  why are you getting all worked up ? Many of the Bruin players being interviewed admitted getting choked up and fighting tears,  is that Juliens fault also ?

Last night was not about fighting and violence, the Bruins still should have won that game if it weren't for Miller and some bad luck.

The straw is when their season if offically over then you can start a thread as of why it was over,  good or bad.

Legion

When CJ was being interviewed on TV with Pierre M in the 1st period he said - "we need to keep our emotions under control" that is what the is team being instructed to do. I don't understand why anyone would say that - especially last night. There were 4 or 5 Sabres that took the body almost as much as the entire B's team. These are not isolated instances, they are his style, it's a pattern for anyone who's being candid. I don't like it, and I'm tired of watching this team play without emotion and desperation, and I'm convinced thats what they are being instructed to do.

It's not about being right or wrong for me. I don't like him as a coach, and I can live with losses, every team endures them. I despise unemotional defensive play, which is what he preaches. I can't wait for the day when he's not here anymore - regardless of the record.

I'm not saying I'm right or smarter or know more than anyone else - I'm just saying I really have a hard time rooting for that type of attitude and identity, and I've seen enough of him to last a lifetime.

It's got nothing to do with drama or whining, I don't like the way he coaches, it's that simple.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

JW - I love physical hockey as much as you do.  I agree that there has been a lack of physical play from the Bruins, and it has been part of the story of their season to date.  As I've written on other threads, I think there is something to the Bruins being singled out after the Cup win - GMs complaining that the injuries, lack of respect between players, concussions are the result of the "Bruins problem" rather than a league culture problem.  I think that scrutiny has made them more tentative, but I don't think it's a question of will or even coaching.  I think they're winning in spite of it, so they're muddling on.

As for the "keep our emotions in check" line - there are emotions you let rage and emotions that cause you to not give a rat's if you win a race to a loose puck.  Grief and anxiety over the bombing, magnified by a community coming together in memory, are emotions you need to keep in check to play hockey well.

Here's my hope - how surprised are teams going to be when the bully of 2011 reappears in the playoffs?  Kenny Rogers would have had his Coward of the County sequel ready for recording.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My apologies, Wen.  I thougth it was the last straw with this B's team, not the coach.  I can't wait until he's gone, either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The straw is when their season if offically over then you can start a thread as of why it was over,  good or bad.

Legion

When CJ was being interviewed on TV with Pierre M in the 1st period he said - "we need to keep our emotions under control" that is what the is team being instructed to do. I don't understand why anyone would say that - especially last night. There were 4 or 5 Sabres that took the body almost as much as the entire B's team. These are not isolated instances, they are his style, it's a pattern for anyone who's being candid. I don't like it, and I'm tired of watching this team play without emotion and desperation, and I'm convinced thats what they are being instructed to do.

It's not about being right or wrong for me. I don't like him as a coach, and I can live with losses, every team endures them. I despise unemotional defensive play, which is what he preaches. I can't wait for the day when he's not here anymore - regardless of the record.

I'm not saying I'm right or smarter or know more than anyone else - I'm just saying I really have a hard time rooting for that type of attitude and identity, and I've seen enough of him to last a lifetime.

It's got nothing to do with drama or whining, I don't like the way he coaches, it's that simple.

As for the emotion part Book pretty well explains it and I took it the same way. Grief and anxiety over the bombing, magnified by a community coming together in memory, are emotions you need to keep in check to play hockey well.

As for his coaching, if I were a coach that is not how I would coach.  Now this doesn't mean he methods and philosophy are wrong in my books, it's just not how some feel they would handle a team.  In the end if he wins with his system I'm happy , if they lose of course I'll be disappointed and the level of disappointment and blame depends on many factors (i.e. how far they went into the playoffs, if it was the coaches mistake or players etc...)

I get you're an emotional guy and that's cool, just that last night all of us should just have enjoyed and be passive about the game.  There was something larger on display than a hockey game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

JW - I love physical hockey as much as you do.  I agree that there has been a lack of physical play from the Bruins, and it has been part of the story of their season to date.  As I've written on other threads, I think there is something to the Bruins being singled out after the Cup win - GMs complaining that the injuries, lack of respect between players, concussions are the result of the "Bruins problem" rather than a league culture problem.  I think that scrutiny has made them more tentative, but I don't think it's a question of will or even coaching.  I think they're winning in spite of it, so they're muddling on.

As for the "keep our emotions in check" line - there are emotions you let rage and emotions that cause you to not give a rat's if you win a race to a loose puck.  Grief and anxiety over the bombing, magnified by a community coming together in memory, are emotions you need to keep in check to play hockey well.

Here's my hope - how surprised are teams going to be when the bully of 2011 reappears in the playoffs?  Kenny Rogers would have had his Coward of the County sequel ready for recording.

Book, I get that, but with all due respect - this isn't the first time I've heard that sentiment from him. And all you need to do is look at the recent games prior to last night to see the pattern. When I see Jagr going after somebody to return the favor, then there's a problem in my opinion. Just like Marchand going down and Krejci getting targeted without response. If they get nasty in the playoffs and turn up the volume then that would be welcomed, just as it would have been last night.

Thanks for the discussion without getting personal or telling me to resign like some other freaks- too funy

BTW guys...Please don't use that poor little boy's memory to make a point in hockey discussions. it is in horrendous taste to do so - Really bad job.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanneyJoyce. Show JanneyJoyce's posts

Lets see if this posts. Cant believe the bugs here. I am not stevegm. I completely agree with Wen. And NAS, while I usually do not agree with you, props for coming back with the apology. That was big of you.

I can not wait until Clode is gone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanneyJoyce. Show JanneyJoyce's posts

Why cant I post????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

If you let the emotions get the better of you, you are thinking about how badly you want to win.  But you are focusing so much on what's at stake that you're not focusing on doing the little things, what you've been practicing, fundamentals.

Um, have you noticed this team with no emotion at any point in time has lost more third period leads than probably all the Bruins' teams from 1990-2005?

I'm thinking Brad Pitt would say, "hey Claude, whatever you are doing ain't working."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Um, have you noticed this team with no emotion at any point in time has lost more third period leads than probably all the Bruins' teams from 1990-2005?

I'm thinking Brad Pitt would say, "hey Claude, whatever you are doing ain't working."

A lack of effort does not equate to a lack of emotion.  People make better decisions when they are level-headed, not emotional.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

When the horror of Mondays idiocracy, is in any way, shape, or form,  fabricated to mean something regarding a group playing hockey...it's pretty obvious the drama factor is off the meter.  Beyond sensibility.

One is unimaginable sorrow...painful, shocking and real.  The other is meaningless.  The score doesn't change that.

We'd be much better served, if we didn't attempt to burden the Bruins with our ability to endure the grieving process, heal, then summon the resolve to move forward.

In the context of a hockey season, last night was another example of the B's finding a way to squander a 3rd period lead.  Something that's happening with more regularity lately.

Frustrating.  Really frustrating.  But....

to me ..the game is more unpredictable than it's ever been, and that makes it more interesting.  There's a fine line between the best, and the rest, therefore, the results are what we see.  It's everywhere.

I find the notion that the coach is anything more than a teeny pice of the puzzle annoying.  The  folks here who claimed Therrien outcoached CJ a couple weeks ago.....what are you saying now?  I know if this was our team, there'd be a dozen or so threads calling for his head by now. 

Nothing much I'm reading about this stuff makes sense to me.  People bring up the B's record, goals against, PK, 5 on 5 as reasons to be content, confident.  I don't get that, but I don't get the trade fantasy sh!t, fire the coach, we're done crap either.  All I see is a team that "can" win against any given NHL opponent on any night if they bring it.  They appear to win a disproportionate number of games when they don't too.  That should be a positive moving forward.  All of the leagues best teams play terribly for extended stretches of the year.  I don't think the B's "worst", is any moreso than anybody elses.  

I wouldn't bet a whole lot of money on this group surviving the first round.  But then again...I wouldn't bet too much on anyone else either.  Whatever happens in any series, I'm fairly sure it'll be a stretch to pin the results on the coach.  

Enjoy the games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

There's also this: if you are dissapointed that the Bruins did not play their most inspired game of the season last night, you are implying that they are capable of playing at a level beyond what they've seen.  You are implying that they often don't "leave it all on the ice."

Maybe the fact that they played similarly to how they've been playing (which is good enough for first place) is a positive reflection on the coach because it shows that they've been playing at their peak all along.