That was the last straw

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: That was the last straw

As from a Bs fan prospective, i found they played a good game, a little less physical that i like, miller i think stole the game, a couple of bad calls maybe hurt the bruins, redden i thought had a good game, as did jagr, i seen alot of hits on krecji and no one thre to protect him really. I will not lose faith in this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think the more important issues with this team are about execution and skill. As currently constructed, this team has had a few major funks, and I've always found that those funks have a lot more to do with imprecise passing and panicky shooting than with how physical or emotional they are.  When they don't pass well, they get hit more than they hit, they don't transition well, they look slow, and they don't get "pretty" scoring chances.  When they don't shoot well, they shoot from the perimeter because they're "trying to get the puck to the net", and when they do get into good scoring areas, they hit the crest or miss the net because they're just whacking and not shooting. Both result in them making goalies look better than they are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

"I don't care if he wins ten Stanley Cups - I'm counting the days till he's gone."

Just say it then -- you like fighting more than winning.  That's okay, but it's why so many people here disagree with you.  We want Stanley Cups, you want fights.  Seriously, am I wrong?  

Every post I have seen demands more fighting and toughness, but you seem indifferent about their record or playoff position.

I love toughness and it is really important...if it helps you win.  Not so important if it doesn't.

If Julien wins 10 Stanley Cups, I'll be personally picking up his tab at KFC.

I also thought you were saying it was the last straw for the team, not Julien.  Good to hear I got it wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It seems as though Claude is trying to fit his team around Jagr, who is obviously Peter's selection for an added sniper. nothing Claude has tried is working very well. Could it be that Jagr doesn't fit well ? He's had enumerous shots, but no goals, even Marchand's "off the skate" should have been Marchand's goal. Since Claude doesn't have the answer, maybe it's time for Jagr to adjust his floating game to a more passing involvement. He has the passing skills and puck control, but there needs to be some adjustment in his game, as well as claude's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

"I don't care if he wins ten Stanley Cups - I'm counting the days till he's gone."

Just say it then -- you like fighting more than winning.  That's okay, but it's why so many people here disagree with you.  We want Stanley Cups, you want fights.  Seriously, am I wrong?  

Every post I have seen demands more fighting and toughness, but you seem indifferent about their record or playoff position.

I love toughness and it is really important...if it helps you win.  Not so important if it doesn't.

If Julien wins 10 Stanley Cups, I'll be personally picking up his tab at KFC.

I also thought you were saying it was the last straw for the team, not Julien.  Good to hear I got it wrong.

Fletch...i'm going to try really hard not to go off on you, but seriously what is your whole deal?

I NEVER SAID FIGHTING, but you once again put up inaccurate statements and wrongly asign them to me. you have done this countless time and this is just another example of that kind of dishonest posting that you seem unable to avoid. It's getting a little weird now. I mean last time you made up a statement from me with quotation marks around it. Thats pretty f'd up.

I'm talking about competing with emotion- I'm talking about fighting with their desperation and imposing of their will on their opponents. Fighting should be done when it's appropriate, as it was when Marchand and Krejci were targeted with intent to injure. I NEVER call for staged fights without true anger or response.

You might be better served to put down your pitchfork and actually read what I'm posting rather than look for opportunities to attack. You think they're playing with all the emotion and conviction to physical play, then fine, disagree. But this misinformation is pretty lame for anybody to do, and puts you in a unethical light that you continually shine on yourself. If you want to hammer me,I have no problem with that, but dishonesty doesn't sit well with me. Character is pretty high up on my list, so if you want to go there, then put your seat belt on cause I will fire back twice as hard and I will be forced to call you out for posting dishonest comments that you can't seem to stop making. Not sure why anyone would want that label, but it's self inflicted, so continue to go for it, if that's what you're about. That's nothing I would ever do. So either way I win, unless you decide to be truthful, eventually nobody will listen to what you have to say.

Opinions on hockey are one thing - dishonesty is something else. It's a given where I come from.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I NEVER SAID FIGHTING, but you once again put up inaccurate statements and wrongly asign them to me. you have done this countless time and this is just another example of that kind of dishonest posting that you seem unable to avoid. It's getting a little weird now. I mean last time you made up a statement from me with quotation marks around it. Thats pretty f'd up.

I'm talking about competing with emotion- I'm talking about fighting with their desperation and imposing of their will on their opponents. Fighting should be done when it's appropriate, as it was when Marchand and Krejci were targeted with intent to injure. I NEVER call for staged fights without true anger or response.

You might be better served to put down your pitchfork and actually read what I'm posting rather than look for opportunities to attack. You think they're playing with all the emotion and conviction to physical play, then fine, disagree. But this misinformation is pretty lame for anybody to do, and puts you in a unethical light that you continually shine on yourself. If you want to hammer me,I have no problem with that, but dishonesty doesn't sit well with me. Character is pretty high up on my list, so if you want to go there, then put your seat belt on cause I will fire back twice as hard and I will be forced to call you out for posting dishonest comments that you can't seem to stop making. Not sure why anyone would want that label, but it's self inflicted, so continue to go for it, if that's what you're about. That's nothing I would ever do. So either way I win, unless you decide to be truthful, eventually nobody will listen to what you have to say.

Opinions on hockey are one thing - dishonesty is something else. It's a given where I come from.

Are you serious?  It seems like every post of yours is focused on toughness and fighting?  No?

And stop building up this drama about some battle between us, or that I'm plotting to 'hammer' you.  It's not true.  I don't know you, and I barely even think about you here.  I just disagree with so much of what you say.

You said you would rather see Julien get fired than have the Bruins win 10 Stanley Cups.  I think that's insane and you must be a fan of something else besides the Bruins winning.  It seems like fighting is your thing to me.  That's not a 'lie', its just what I think from reading your posts.  

I think the rest of the posters here are most interested in winning Stanley Cups and less interested in whatever it is you want from the team.  Feel free to explain the statement though.

I'll put my seat belt on...if that kind of drama helps you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Are you serious?  It seems like every post of yours is focused on toughness and fighting?  No?

And stop building up this drama about some battle between us, or that I'm plotting to 'hammer' you.  It's not true.  I don't know you, and I barely even think about you here.  I just disagree with so much of what you say.

You said you would rather see Julien get fired than have the Bruins win 10 Stanley Cups.  I think that's insane and you must be a fan of something else besides the Bruins winning.  It seems like fighting is your thing to me.  That's not a 'lie', its just what I think from reading your posts.  

I think the rest of the posters here are most interested in winning Stanley Cups and less interested in whatever it is you want from the team.  Feel free to explain the statement though.

I'm really looking forward to the response because he's already trying "real hard not to go off on you" Fletch. Personally, I don't see a difference in my life regardless of whether some one goes off on me or gives me a virtual H-J. Exact same outcome overall.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

OK ...You are a proven liar who just did it again

What you think doesn't equate to what I write, either does what it seems like to you. You don't get to do that - that's dishonest son.  If I didn't say it, then it's dishonest for you to claim I did based on what you would like it to say.

You have no integrity - keep at it though I enjoy bringing out your strong points.

Oh yeah, still waiting for you to tell everyone how you knew what the Bruins players saw on the ice from your couch...another one of your what It seems like deals? Notice you didn't have some tortued comeback for that one. Just more dishonest statements from the dishonest man.

Maybe you can tell us again about the ugly racist comments I made about Kevin Weeks which never happened azzzhole. Did you think they did or is that just what it seemed like to you.

You're must be a real proud and confident man

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Well that was anticlimactic. Typically so though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hey Dez- you might be a low life communist, but at least your honest. Something for your buddy to shoot for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It seems that reasonable conversation is getting harder to find around here. There's about 40 or so regulars around here that really bring some great quality discussion to the board (both the good and the bad). Each of these posters have their own strenghs and weaknesses and that's cool, we can't know everyhing ourselves, which is why we chat in the first place.

I know that there is at least one poster on here who can answer with a degree of expertise a question on any of the following topics - College, OHL, QMJHL, WHL, goaltending, defence, coaching strategy, capology, Avs, Leafs, Habs, Panters, Devils, Canucks, history, futures, rulebook, relocatin, expansion, stats, odds, PP, PK, IIHF and on and on and on.

So be it resolved that I will continue to read all the posts made by members that at least contribute SOMETHING hatever that expertise may be.

Everyone else is going on ignore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey Dez- you might be a low life communist, but at least your honest. Something for your buddy to shoot for.

Well I'm glad you noticed. I gotta go though. My borscht is boiling over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm really looking forward to the response because he's already trying "real hard not to go off on you" Fletch. Personally, I don't see a difference in my life regardless of whether some one goes off on me or gives me a virtual H-J. Exact same outcome overall.

Oh man!  Can I get that for my iPhone.  You know, for the movie theater?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

"OK ...You are a proven liar who just did it again 

What you think doesn't equate to what I write, either does what it seems like to you."

Whew, good thing I had my seat belt on...

Hard to understand what you're saying there (I think you mean "neither").  Anyhow, read what I said again.  I said "I think" and "it seems" about your thoughts, instead of saying anything was a fact.  Look for yourself.

Do you think I'm lying about what I think?  I think that if you'd rather have Julien fired than have the Bruins win 10 Stanley Cups (your words, not mine) then you aren't much of a Bruins fan.  My opinion.  Capiche?  

Proud and confident?  I don't even know what you're talking about.  But sure, why not?

Remember the last time you called me out on accuracy, and then I posted your exact Seguin comments?  Don't get burned again here.

I'm done.  Enough Wensink drama for today.  I was really just asking you to explain the comment about the 10 Stanley Cups.  You won't touch it.  Let's move on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't use the word 'hero' very often dez, but when someone stands up to an anonymous internet poster they disagree with, with an anonymous rebuttal...wow...

And I would like to buy your new virtual app...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo, nice piece Red.  I never ignore but I do skim over some posters that are into hyperbole! Think playoffs is my motto now.  

In response to red75's comment:

It seems that reasonable conversation is getting harder to find around here. There's about 40 or so regulars around here that really bring some great quality discussion to the board (both the good and the bad). Each of these posters have their own strenghs and weaknesses and that's cool, we can't know everyhing ourselves, which is why we chat in the first place.

I know that there is at least one poster on here who can answer with a degree of expertise a question on any of the following topics - College, OHL, QMJHL, WHL, goaltending, defence, coaching strategy, capology, Avs, Leafs, Habs, Panters, Devils, Canucks, history, futures, rulebook, relocatin, expansion, stats, odds, PP, PK, IIHF and on and on and on.

So be it resolved that I will continue to read all the posts made by members that at least contribute SOMETHING hatever that expertise may be.

Everyone else is going on ignore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I don't use the word 'hero' very often dez, but when someone stands up to an anonymous internet poster they disagree with, with an anonymous rebuttal...wow...

And I would like to buy your new virtual app...

I expect it to be as popular as that girl in grade 8.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Dez, do you take Bitcoins to trade for your new app?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Dez, do you take Bitcoins to trade for your new app?

No but soon enough JM. Soon enough. On that note, it's crazy how much the value of Bitcoins has increased in the last 6-8 months. My buddy bought 100 bucks worth in case he needed to use the Silk Road while he was travelling. Long story short, he never spent them and they're now worth closer to 500$. Very few investments appreciate like that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No but soon enough JM. Soon enough. On that note, it's crazy how much the value of Bitcoins has increased in the last 6-8 months. My buddy bought 100 bucks worth in case he needed to use the Silk Road while he was travelling. Long story short, he never spent them and they're now worth closer to 500$. Very few investments appreciate like that.

The price has been wildly inconsistent....an investors nightmare so far.

Colbert had a funny bit on it last night....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

The price has been wildly inconsistent....an investors nightmare so far.

Colbert had a funny bit on it last night....

I suspect it's harder on people with more than 100$ on the line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I suspect it's harder on people with more than 100$ on the line.

The problem, of course, is that there is no instituion (financial, gov, or otherwise) that is backing up the value. While this is kind of the point of Bitcoin to begin with it also ensures constant volatility and high risk of complete collapse.

But that is where the fun is.....

Sections
Shortcuts