That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts!

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts!:
    You know, I'm not always the biggest fight guy, but wasn't that great? The perfect example of why fighting stays in the game and how it should be done.  There was a purpose, there was real anger, and there was an immediate consequence for a dirty play. In Montreal and Vancouver they may gasp and turn hysterically to the league to come in and intervene, but this Boston team seems perfectly content to serve out their own justice.  Should Torres get suspended for a game?  Perhaps.  Does it really even matter to me?  Not really.  Crime and punishment, dolled out at the same time -- isn't it great?
    Posted by Fletcher1

Good point !
    I hope we here Shannahan say " The punishment on the ice was sufficient. No added disciplinary action to be taken" .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Yeah, Henrik's not very tough.  In his 847 game NHL career, he's missed a grand total of 10 games.  And he's the current holder of the Canucks iron man streak, with 537 consecutive games.  And as we all know, he's hardly ever on the receiving end of any slashes, cross checks or cheap shots. Not very tough at all.
    Posted by 49-North

The Sedin's are definitely durable, but I wouldn't call them tough at all...

I associate toughness with grit and physicality, not necessarily durability...

Personally, I don't think you can let Jumbo Joe try to pick your nose with his glove on or let Marchand repeatedly jab you in the face and still consider yourself tough...

Seems like the exact opposite...

Just my opinion though...

How great of feeling is it to be able to roll like 5 deep with very good righters, by the way?

Knowing that absolutely nothing will go unpunished with this team is a great feeling...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not to jump all over the $64K question, but...where's shupe?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not to jump all over the $64K question, but...where's shupe?
    Posted by Bookboy007

analysing his comeback

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In response to "Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts!":
    Not to jump all over the $64K question, but...where's shupe? Posted by Bookboy007
    Trying to find 1 frame of the fight where Raffi wasn't getting the tar beat out of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Claude Julien on state of NHL hitting: "It’s what this league has turned into: good hit or bad hit, gloves are off and we’re fighting away”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Not to jump all over the $64K question, but...where's shupe?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE

You wanna know my opinion.  I actually just watched this.  I am back to work for a stretch.  Raffi dirty elbow sandwich- Old time hockey McQ puts an azz whooping on him.  Gee, isnt that what used to happen back in the day.  Does Torres deserve a suspension?  Yes, he's a repeat offender.  But wasn't hockey justice served on the ice.  
    For Raffi's defense he knew he likely would be jumped and was and dropped them and took his lumps.   
    Again, you wanna lose head shots and all the garbage that is in the league now then let them police each other. 
    The biggest injustice was McQ getting an instigator.  For what? Being a d-partner and team mate. 

But, for the record Raffi is more than willing to drop them with anyone after a big hit-crossing the line.  He just doesn't win many.

I definitely don't endorse the elbow by any stretch.  Why didn't Ference fight him?

Sorry if that wasnt the sexy answer everyone wanted. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Claude Julien on state of NHL hitting: "It’s what this league has turned into: good hit or bad hit, gloves are off and we’re fighting away”
    Posted by BsLegion

Isn't that calling the kettlke black though?  really.  Are we the saints of the league. Hardly.  But it is what it is.  Not sure any team made the media as much as this team in the last 16 months for this kinda stuff.  Some warranted, some not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! :
    Not to jump all over the $64K question, but...where's shupe? Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE You wanna know my opinion.  I actually just watched this.  I am back to work for a stretch.  Raffi dirty elbow sandwich- Old time hockey McQ puts an azz whooping on him.  Gee, isnt that what used to happen back in the day.  Does Torres deserve a suspension?  Yes, he's a repeat offender.  But wasn't hockey justice served on the ice.   For Raffi's defense he knew he likely would be jumped and was and dropped them and took his lumps.    Again, you wanna lose head shots and all the garbage that is in the league now then let them police each other.  The biggest injustice was McQ getting an instigator.  For what? Being a d-partner and team mate.  But, for the record Raffi is more than willing to drop them with anyone after a big hit-crossing the line.  He just doesn't win many. I definitely don't endorse the elbow by any stretch.  Why didn't Ference fight him? Sorry if that wasnt the sexy answer everyone wanted. 
    Posted by shuperman

That was your sexiest post ever !
    Hi-lited where I agree with you 200% .

p.s. it didn't stop Torres from laying another big hit and this time his victim was Hamill, HELLO !  Clean though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

As far as I'm concerned he got his punishment already. Shanahan should just stay away from this one, because if this is the way dirty hits are handled i suspect they will decrease significantly. Nothing wrong with letting the players police themselves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! : That was your sexiest post ever ! Hi-lited where I agree with you 200% . p.s. it didn't stop Torres from laying another big hit and this time his victim was Hamill, HELLO !  Clean though.
    Posted by BsLegion

BsL,

Didnt you say old time hockey wasnt great a few days ago?  Hockey has turned into a roller derby.  Heck bring back the clowns if it makes it go away.  Too many stars going down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As far as I'm concerned he got his punishment already. Shanahan should just stay away from this one, because if this is the way dirty hits are handled i suspect they will decrease significantly. Nothing wrong with letting the players police themselves.
    Posted by kelvana33

Couldnt agree more.  Hockey!!!!  Dirty play- You must pay!  And he did on the ice.  And to be honest, everyone knows I like Torres energy and hits and all.  But he is starting to cross that line.  Yes he answers the bell and will fight anyone.  But, my Torres jersey may be turned in soon if he keeps that stuff up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

My man crush on Datsyuk is someone you can bring home to mom.  I am tiring of the bad boy types.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! :
    Not to jump all over the $64K question, but...where's shupe? Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE You wanna know my opinion.  I actually just watched this.  I am back to work for a stretch.  Raffi dirty elbow sandwich- Old time hockey McQ puts an azz whooping on him.  Gee, isnt that what used to happen back in the day.  Does Torres deserve a suspension?  Yes, he's a repeat offender.  But wasn't hockey justice served on the ice.   For Raffi's defense he knew he likely would be jumped and was and dropped them and took his lumps.    Again, you wanna lose head shots and all the garbage that is in the league now then let them police each other.  The biggest injustice was McQ getting an instigator.  For what? Being a d-partner and team mate.  But, for the record Raffi is more than willing to drop them with anyone after a big hit-crossing the line.  He just doesn't win many. I definitely don't endorse the elbow by any stretch.  Why didn't Ference fight him? Sorry if that wasnt the sexy answer everyone wanted. 
    Posted by shuperman

I tend to agree in that I am quite satisfied with what happened on the ice.  Torres may deserve a suspension based on the new rules, but it doesn't matter much to me.  I don't understand why he throws that hit there or why he comes so high on Ference, but he paid a price for it.  I don't really care what the league does, although I would prefer them to be consistent.

Not sure it's fair to ask Ference to fight there though.  He's laying against the boards looking a little dazed, and it seems like the perfect time for a teammate to stick up for him.  McQuaid did the right thing and I think Ference would have done the same if it was someone else.

I'm going to the Avs-Coyotes game in a couple hours and happen to be sitting 2nd row, so I'll be sure to heckle Torres about the shiner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! : BsL, Didnt you say old time hockey wasnt great a few days ago?  Hockey has turned into a roller derby.  Heck bring back the clowns if it makes it go away.  Too many stars going down.
    Posted by shuperman

Me say that ? No way !  Maybe a mis-interpretation.
    Only mentioned an elbow to the head was always penalty , even in the "Old time Hockey days".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! : I tend to agree in that I am quite satisfied with what happened on the ice.  Torres may deserve a suspension based on the new rules, but it doesn't matter much to me.  I don't understand why he throws that hit there or why he comes so high on Ference, but he paid a price for it.  I don't really care what the league does, although I would prefer them to be consistent. Not sure it's fair to ask Ference to fight there though.  He's laying against the boards looking a little dazed, and it seems like the perfect time for a teammate to stick up for him.  McQuaid did the right thing and I think Ference would have done the same if it was someone else. I'm going to the Avs-Coyotes game in a couple hours and happen to be sitting 2nd row, so I'll be sure to heckle Torres about the shiner.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Tell him this latest Halloween costume is more beleiveable than his Jay-Z costume was....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fletch, Torres throws the hit the same way Recchi did in the playoffs against the Sabres a few years , got possession of the puck and the Bruins scored that big goal in Buffalo.  Only difference was Recchi and Sabre player were much closer to the puck.
    Torres wanted to be sure he'de get Ference off of the puck and/or get to it before.
    Maybe dirty because he got his head but I don't think the intention was "let me hit his head".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch, Torres throws the hit the same way Recchi did in the playoffs against the Sabres a few years , got possession of the puck and the Bruins scored that big goal in Buffalo.  Only difference was Recchi and Sabre player were much closer to the puck. Torres wanted to be sure he'de get Ference off of the puck and/or get to it before. Maybe dirty because he got his head but I don't think the intention was "let me hit his head".
    Posted by BsLegion

Why try and lay an elbow or hit there though?  I mean AF is no freaking angel.  But the players in the league simply don't respect each other enough anymore.  Respect was earned in the day by answering for your actions.  Now they can hide behind the rule book.  AF stiff shoulder on Halpren drove me up the wall last year.  Torres elbow here is no different.  Torres took a beating like he should have and then everyone continued playing. 
    McQ is a solid 6th dman. 
    As much as my desire for a quality 2/3 type dman it sure is hard not to love the lunch bucket group. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Nothing wrong with letting the players police themselves.
    Posted by kelvana33

kel - Spot on.  Perhaps if this aspect were maintained over the years the league wouldn't have the Cooke types making careers of hiding behind the instigator rule.  Maybe Cooke shouldn't be the example used as he's apparently changed his spots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Fletch, Torres throws the hit the same way Recchi did in the playoffs against the Sabres a few years , got possession of the puck and the Bruins scored that big goal in Buffalo.  Only difference was Recchi and Sabre player were much closer to the puck. Torres wanted to be sure he'de get Ference off of the puck and/or get to it before. Maybe dirty because he got his head but I don't think the intention was "let me hit his head".
    Posted by BsLegion

Yeah I think I agree -- I don't think it was terribly dirty and perhaps he didn't target the head (although that's what he hit, almost exclusively), but they seemed to be awfully far from the puck there.  Like a good 20+ feet away.  No reason for Ference to be bracing or expecting the hit so early.  So, I thought the hit itself is far enough away from the puck to be interference, and it was a head shot, not a body check.

I don't much care if he gets suspended or not, but I think he deserved the beating.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! : Yeah I think I agree -- I don't think it was terribly dirty and perhaps he didn't target the head (although that's what he hit, almost exclusively), but they seemed to be awfully far from the puck there.  Like a good 20+ feet away.  No reason for Ference to be bracing or expecting the hit so early.  So, I thought the hit itself is far enough away from the puck to be interference, and it was a head shot, not a body check. I don't much care if he gets suspended or not, but I think he deserved the beating.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I Jedi Mind F*&%ed you guys.  Haha.  Torres is back baby.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! : Tell him this latest Halloween costume is more beleiveable than his Jay-Z costume was....
    Posted by dezaruchi

I'd love to.  Who did your makeup Raffi?  Too much blush!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! : I Jedi Mind F*&%ed you guys.  Haha.  Torres is back baby.
    Posted by shuperman

By "back" you mean...?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! : By "back" you mean...?
    Posted by Fletcher1

Enjoy the game Fletch.  I hope you get a puck in the yap like the guy who taunted Sullivan.  Has there ever been a more karma moment than  that?

Absolutely priceless.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odmGrCXZWso&feature=fvst

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: That's right Raffi eat some Quaider right uppercuts! : I Jedi Mind F*&%ed you guys.  Haha.  Torres is back baby.
    Posted by shuperman

The way McQuaid racked him, I think you mean Torres is baby back.

Jedi wear dresses.

Sections
Shortcuts