The 2013 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

The 2013 Season

Well this wraps up the season.  Obviously not the end we wanted, but an exciting and well deserved end to the way Chicago played all season.  I truly in my heart think the series really could have gone either way.  Instead of sitting here in misery and basking in the harsh reality that is the end of this cup run, I want to remember all the awesome things we all got to experience this season and here on BDC.

-GAME 7 AGAINST TORONTO!!!!  Not only was this the most exciting game of the playoffs, but it also marked the end of the Leafs first playoffs in YEARS!

-The Boston Bruins swept a team that has Crosby,Malkin,Dupuis,Kunitz,Neal,Letang,Morrow and Iginla....

-We got to see the Bruins go to the Stanely Cup for the second time in two years!  And depending on how their offseason goes, there is no reason to think they cant go far next season!

-CARL SODERBERG!  While we only saw a small sample size, i defintely like what he brought to the team.  Cant believe after all these years the elusive yeti is amongst us!

-The birth of 'FAT'

-The birth of Cedfano

-Trollpocalypse (the rise and fall of Rusty)

-We got to see Jaromir Jagr, a hall of famer, lace them up in a bruins uniform.  Do i wish he coulda done more? Of course!  But it was fun and an honor to see him wear the spoked-B, and mesh so well with certain players.  His interviews made me like him as a player so much more!

-Torey freaking Krug

Honestly guys it was a GREAT season and its been alot of fun posting with (the majority) of you guys.  Chin up everyone, cant wait to see what next season brings.  The Bruins will be hungrier than ever!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: The 2013 Season

Very good points above.

For me the playoffs were just great, until last night.  The Toronto ending was a top ten all-time Bruins moment.  I played hockey in college with a lot of Ranger fans -- the NYR series was a blast.

And the Pittsburgh series?  The stuff of ages.  I'll never forget the day Iginla bitchslapped us and went with Sidney.  I said I hope we get them in the playoffs.  How great would it be to end the season for both of them.  And the Bruins did it.  With a sweep?!  Unbelievable.

The Cup series was fun.  Really could have gone either way.  The Bruins could have swept it with some overtime puck luck.  But it wasn't to be, and they lost to a very respectable team, and fanbase.

I also enjoyed the flameout of our rivals in Montreal and Vancouver, while the Bruins marched back to the Cup.

The rallying after the marathon bombing was cool too, especially the national anthem singing.  Chills are rare for me, and I had them in spades.

Too bad Jagr played with such a long stick (another one of my favorite comments in 2013).

Cheers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Very good points above.

For me the playoffs were just great, until last night.  The Toronto ending was a top ten all-time Bruins moment.  I played hockey in college with a lot of Ranger fans -- the NYR series was a blast.

And the Pittsburgh series?  The stuff of ages.  I'll never forget the day Iginla bitchslapped us and went with Sidney.  I said I hope we get them in the playoffs.  How great would it be to end the season for both of them.  And the Bruins did it.  With a sweep?!  Unbelievable.

The Cup series was fun.  Really could have gone either way.  The Bruins could have swept it with some overtime puck luck.  But it wasn't to be, and they lost to a very respectable team, and fanbase.

I also enjoyed the flameout of our rivals in Montreal and Vancouver, while the Bruins marched back to the Cup.

The rallying after the marathon bombing was cool too, especially the national anthem singing.  Chills are rare for me, and I had them in spades.

Too bad Jagr played with such a long stick (another one of my favorite comments in 2013).

Cheers!

I now blame his stick for everything from the Bruins losing to bad weather. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I mean seriously though, how can someone possibly play with a stick that long...maybe it worked when he was younger, but obviously the stick is far too long now with his old age./sarcasm

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

I mean seriously though, how can someone possibly play with a stick that long...maybe it worked when he was younger, but obviously the stick is far too long now with his old age./sarcasm

It seemed slower to respond to the action than it used to be...