The 4th Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The 4th Line

Great energy shift by the 4th line in the last 2 minutes.Hard to give them a hard time tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: The 4th Line

When I first heard they were out there with less than two minutes to go I cringed a bit, but after that shift, I had no complaints. These guys have earned their ice time tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great job by them.  Great job not scoring.

Incredible.  The B's are tied with under two minutes, and those fools are out there running all over.  Yeah, let's give them credit for running all over.

And what the hay were Marchand and Campbell doing out there in OT?  Were there no better options?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

great 5 minute power play. is that on the 4th line too?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Oh my God NAS, give it a rest.  We get it.  Your life is pathetic and you have nothing better to do than constantly lambast the Bruins 4th line for not scoring, and Claude Julien for giving them too much playing time.  Did you ever consider the fact that Boucher was playing out of his mind tonight and that the entire Bruins team could only score 1 goal against him.  Oh wait, you couldn't have possibly thought that.  You are delusional hypocrite. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to The 4th Line:
    [QUOTE]Great energy shift by the 4th line in the last 2 minutes.Hard to give them a hard time tonight.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    It's about time they start getting some respect. We probably have the best 4th line in the NHL, regardless of what some people on here think. In case any body didn't notice It was one of are supposed stars that cost us the game tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: The 4th Line:
    [QUOTE]Oh my God NAS, give it a rest.  We get it.  Your life is pathetic and you have nothing better to do than constantly lambast the Bruins 4th line for not scoring, and Claude Julien for giving them too much playing time.  Did you ever consider the fact that Boucher was playing out of his mind tonight and that the entire Bruins team could only score 1 goal against him.  Oh wait, you couldn't have possibly thought that.  You are delusional hypocrite. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]
    AMEN!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

But Beezfan4life, they never score.  So guess that means it's pointless to have them on this hockey team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]But Beezfan4life , they never score.  So guess that means it's pointless to have them on this hockey team.
    I guess to some people? but correct me if I'm wrong my friend, Marchand is tied for the league lead in shorthanded goals, Thornton has 5 and Campell I think has 3. 12 goals so far for the 4th line........not too shabby at all!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

The 4th line doesnt lose games.. you guys are all right, they play well....

but the dont WIN games. I have no problem with marchand out there.. he makes things happen... BUt give him someone that can do something with the puck.

You know how many "enforcers" would love to play on this team!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Not too shabby is right.  It's a shame some Bruins fans (and by some I mean 1) think the 4th line is simply a waste of playing time.  They really are the Bruins best line when it comes to providing energy: they always skate hard and forecheck very aggressively.  I've loved Marchand this year, he has been one of my favorite players to watch.  They're not going to score every time they're on the ice, but they will create scoring chances.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Well the question begs, Dez... will he shorten the bench in the Playoffs? Do you want him to?

In a game like this, at the beginning of april when points are (like brick likes to say) "at a premium".... are you guys gonna be calling for the fourth line out there, with under 2 to go?

I see no difference in 2 points now... than i do in 4 months.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b97042e95282c7cf45058c843f5b87bb&plckUserId=b97042e95282c7cf45058c843f5b87bb" target="_parent">TheShepherd: The 4th line generated more scoring chances tonight than the 2nd and 3rd lines.  Boucher was stoping everything, and the Bruins couldn't pick up 2 points.  As someone stated in an eariler thread: the Bruins powerplay killed them tonight.  They had 5 minutes to score 1 goal, and they couldn't do it.  It seemed like they spent more time out of the offensive zone than in it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Well the question begs, Dez... will he shorten the bench in the Playoffs? Do you want him to? In a game like this, at the beginning of april when points are (like brick likes to say) "at a premium".... are you guys gonna be calling for the fourth line out there, with under 2 to go? I see no difference in 2 points now... than i do in 4 months.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]
    Obviously,as the ice time numbers in last years play-offs show,CJ will shorten the bench.In a long,hard-fought game like the last two,there's a lot to be said for wearing down the oppositions top players.It's not just coincidence that Boston was able,for 2 games in a row,to maintain the pressure in the oppositions zone directly after a 4th line shift in the final 2 minutes.Both games Boston had chances to finish a spent team in regulation.just the result was different tonight.Let's not put it on CJ and the 4th line in a 2-1 OT loss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]But Beezfan4life , they never score.  So guess that means it's pointless to have them on this hockey team.

There is a big point to having them on the team.  Of all the great things the fourth line does well, play in the last two minutes of a game that is tied or up/down by a goal isn't one of them.  They aren't the best scorers, and they're not the best defenders.

I'm not exactly sure why you don't understand this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Not too shabby is right.  It's a shame some Bruins fans (and by some I mean 1) think the 4th line is simply a waste of playing time.  They really are the Bruins best line when it comes to providing energy: they always skate hard and forecheck very aggressively.  I've loved Marchand this year, he has been one of my favorite players to watch.  They're not going to score every time they're on the ice, but they will create scoring chances.

I don't expect them to score.  I don't care if they ever score.  That's why I don't like to see them one the ice in a close game with less than five minutes left.  Running around and banging bodies is wasting time.  The Bruins have three really good centers.  Why have them on the bench when the team needs a goal?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

The 4th line was out because the 1st line needed a rest, and as someone stated the 4th line is not losing games for them.. Outside of the 1st line the 4th was the best last night, you can't put savards line on the ice in that circumstance, Similar with wheeler, so if your not going with a line that can win in the last 2 minutes, your playing a line that knows not to go out there and lose.. Hockey is what it is, in the last 2 minutes your looking to not lose, if someone makes a mistake you look to capitalize, but at that point most teams are looking to overtime..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The 4th line was out because the 1st line needed a rest, and as someone stated the 4th line is not losing games for them.. Outside of the 1st line the 4th was the best last night, you can't put savards line on the ice in that circumstance, Similar with wheeler, so if your not going with a line that can win in the last 2 minutes, your playing a line that knows not to go out there and lose.. Hockey is what it is, in the last 2 minutes your looking to not lose, if someone makes a mistake you look to capitalize, but at that point most teams are looking to overtime..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

If the team's best option to stop the opposition from scoring is one that contains the goon, the season is over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I thought Marchand earned 15 minutes but no way should Thornton be out there for 14:38 no freakin way in a 1-1 game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Marchand earned 15 minutes but no way should Thornton be out there for 14:38 no freakin way in a 1-1 game.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Remember when the Bruins third line was the "checking line" and the fourth line played about eight minutes a game? 

Wheeler:  14 min
    Ryder:  12 min
    Recchi:  15 min

Campbell  16 min
    Thornton  14 min
    Marchand  14 min

And we wonder why the team doesn't score very many goals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The 4th Line:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The 4th Line : Remember when the Bruins third line was the "checking line" and the fourth line played about eight minutes a game?  Wheeler:  14 min Ryder:  12 min Recchi:  15 min Campbell  16 min Thornton  14 min Marchand  14 min And we wonder why the team doesn't score very many goals.Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You get no argument from me Julien flubs closely checked tight games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

who is the big bad bruin on this team?

I agree with NAS. lots of talking, no bite. We need players on this team to have a spine, in order for them to be successful.

(This is not a rant, only observation)

Chara fought chris neil and completely embarrassed himself, while trying to "send a message"

Lucic is leading the team in Points and probably all star votes, and has turned down multiple opportunites to fight.

Thornton gets more ice time late in a game than half the decent goal scorers in the NHL and has 7 fights... Against only enforcers, trying to "spark" the team.

Mark Stuart? who has to fight mainly cause he hits people too hard and someone is sticking up for their teammate...

Thornton is a tough guy, but i dont think people are scared of him. he likes to rock m sockm style.. but he throws muffins, he isnt knocking people out, and they arent bleeding when hes done. I would have much rather seen Lucic go after neil, for the seidenberg incident, and much would have rather seen lucic go after Cooke. It would have been alot messier!

(listen to me, i sound blood thirsty.. Im really not)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Do you want the team leader in points in the penalty box?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Do you want the team leader in points in the penalty box?
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

I don't.  I'd prefer the B's had a fourth line guy who could play hockey but also drop the gloves out of instinct.

Right now, they have a fourth line guy who only fights when it's talked about beforehand.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Marchand - Campbell - Thorton is the 3rd line.  Any line you have Paille on becomes your 4th line. 
    Now,  if Paille would have been dropped with Campbell's line and Marcand with Savvy then maybe we would see something. 
    Sure Paille skates and tries hard but it's just not for him to be on a line with an offensive center like Savard. No place !
    I agree with most of you complaining those guys out with 5mins late in the game is wrong but you know what,  they are the only 3 that got good scoring chances and almost scored the go ahead goal with less than 5mins.  Next line was the Krejci's. 
    Till those two other lines don't pick it up we will see more of the Campbell's line.  The real problem is,  the lines with Savvy and Bergy not producing.