The All Star Game this year again disappointing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

The All Star Game this year again disappointing

This years format has nothing to do with the game once again and everything to do with the all star draft and betting. Betting who gets picked first etc. 

If you actually care about an all star game, have last years stanley cup champions play this years all stars. I would the make game interesting for everyone involved in it that, if the champions win the game and if they make it to the finals , they get home ice on game 7 (if it came down to it). 

Then actually it will be a sweet game. It will be intense and we will actually see the all stars true skill show in the game

Another suggestion for an all star game to showcase the all star players talent would be to have a 4 on 4 format. The speed and skills would be nice to watch in such format

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: The All Star Game this year again disappointing

Completely disagree, the worst thing the NHL can do is be like baseball and put incentives in the ASG, for ex in the MLB which ever league wins gets home field advantage in the World series regardless of the teams record. Thats stupid.

The all star game is meant to be a fun experience for everyone involved, including coaches, players, and most importantly the fans.

I like how they did it this year. It adds some good story lines like the sedins being split up, Chara vs Thomas etc.

All star games are supposed to be for fun. For once I am actually looking forward to it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

The All-Star game should be played a week after the Stanly Cup finals.  Makes no sense to have it mid-season.  A guy can have a great first half (or crappy one, look at some of the guys there this year) and be in, then blow it hard for the rest of they year.  I think its stupid that it happens this time of year.

I also agree that it shouldnt have any bearing on the regular season, let alone cup finals, and I think players should be able to opt-out and not get suspended by Buttman.  Proves he only shows he cares about the money, not the fans. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to The All Star Game this year again disappointing:
    [QUOTE]This years format has nothing to do with the game once again and everything to do with the all star draft and betting. Betting who gets picked first etc.  If you actually care about an all star game, have last years stanley cup champions play this years all stars. I would the make game interesting for everyone involved in it that, if the champions win the game and if they make it to the finals , they get home ice on game 7 (if it came down to it).  Then actually it will be a sweet game. It will be intense and we will actually see the all stars true skill show in the game Another suggestion for an all star game to showcase the all star players talent would be to have a 4 on 4 format. The speed and skills would be nice to watch in such format
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

You complain that it has nothing to do with the game, but then suggest they play it four on four.

The last thing any wants is for someone to get hurt during All-Star Weekend.  Jagr pulled a groin in the faster skater competition once.  How dumb is that?

As for the betting, that goes on for every sport in the world at almost every second.  This game is no different.

I really like the Captains and the fantasy draft.  I like the Sedin's on different teams.  I think it's innovative and new, and unlike the past 10 years or so...interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

In Response to Re: The All Star Game this year again disappointing:
    [QUOTE]The All-Star game should be played a week after the Stanly Cup finals.  Makes no sense to have it mid-season.  A guy can have a great first half (or crappy one, look at some of the guys there this year) and be in, then blow it hard for the rest of they year.  I think its stupid that it happens this time of year. I also agree that it shouldnt have any bearing on the regular season, let alone cup finals, and I think players should be able to opt-out and not get suspended by Buttman.  Proves he only shows he cares about the money, not the fans. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

I like your idea. Its like the pro bowl. Fresh off the stanley cup championships, i'm sure the post all star game would be more competitive than mid season version. The small but key issue would be , if a deserving all star hasn't played since their team got eliminated. Unlike the pro bowl, nhl post season can be really long.

If the all star weekend is all about the festivities do the  skills competition, increase fan participation, but the game i feel is a waste of time (its like a joke). Its like watching a BMW M3 cruising 60mph

The pro bowl, MLB all star game, soccer all star games are competitively equivilant to a championship game. Not the NBA nor NHL's version though

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The All Star Game this year again disappointing:
    [QUOTE] The pro bowl, MLB all star game, soccer all star games are competitively equivilant to a championship game. Not the NBA nor NHL's version though
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

The Pro Bowl is a bigger farce than all of them combined!

(Soccer has all star games?)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I say Bravo to the NHL . 
    You need to see the bigger picture when it comes to the All Star game.
    Sure it's not a real game but the whole weekend is to sell hockey's talents.
    The sponsors get what they want ,  the Nhl gets the exposure they want and the players get seen.
    Next season I would like for the teams to be picked with the sticks in the middle of the ice and someone divides them equally.  Then the teams have to deal with what they have (with exception of goalies there would be 3 goalie sticks per side or done separately). 
    Just like when we make teams on the outdoor rinks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Personally, I have zero interest in the all-star game,
    However, I would have liked to have some money on Tim Thomas, not just being in 3 all-star games, but being the winning goalie of record in all three.
    I'm guessing, I would have gotten odds of 100-1, at least.

Sections
Shortcuts