The "Hit" on Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The "Hit" on Marchand

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand:
    In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : My guess also. Told the wife he won't get the benefit of the doubt.
    Posted by BsLegion

I didn't mention the dive and lay on the ice routine because I didn't want people to blow me up for hating him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The B's aren't on the verge of losing because of missed calls.  They are on the verge of losing because of missing effort.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Absolutely true, NAS.

I will excuse only two, Seidenberg and Thomas, and maybe Boychuk. The rest better have a good look in the mirror.

This series should have ended yesterday, at the latest. Any bad calls or missed calls in games 5, 6, 7, (or excuses) are irrelevant. There should never have been a game 6 or 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Peverley has been the best Bruin in the series.
    That third goal was the result of Chara icing the puck by shooting it straight up the boards with no one there, while he had ALL 3 forwards about 15' from him (albeit in the center of the ice, but competely unmarked). Love Z, but that blew my mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Peverley has been the best Bruin in the series. That third goal was the result of Chara icing the puck by shooting it straight up the boards with no one there, while he had ALL 3 forwards about 15' from him (albeit in the center of the ice, but competely unmarked). Love Z, but that blew my mind.
    Posted by Tom857

Seidenberg and Bergeron before Peverley. 
    I've had enough of Pevs on the point on the PP.  I'de much rather see him off the wall.  He's quick , moves the puck fast and demands respect, distance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Peverley has been the best Bruin in the series. That third goal was the result of Chara icing the puck by shooting it straight up the boards with no one there, while he had ALL 3 forwards about 15' from him (albeit in the center of the ice, but competely unmarked). Love Z, but that blew my mind.
    Posted by Tom857

That's not true at all. He's been OK but has taken off games like the rest of them. Many of us felt he was one of the Bruins weakest links through the 1st 3 games. He's doing better but I'd put him at the same level as DK so far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : Caps were the better team the full 60 minutes for sure.  Bruins were more opportunistic and always took the lead.  Kind of throws their defensive game out the window. OT, it was all positional and Bruins.
    Posted by BsLegion

Sorry. but the first 20 minutes was mostly Bruins. If they cold have kept that up, the game is over by the second period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Marchand hit was interference period.  Does not matter if one is getting up steam or whatever, the man did not have the puck!  He hit another player without the puck, interference.  Now the refs are not catching all the penalties but that is not the reason for the Bs being tied in the series at this point.  How do you spell powerplay on the Bs coaching corner?!  Washington can take liberities because the Bs powerplay is so weak!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Marchand hit was interference period.  Does not matter if one is getting up steam or whatever, the man did not have the puck!  He hit another player without the puck, interference.  Now the refs are not catching all the penalties but that is not the reason for the Bs being tied in the series at this point.  How do you spell powerplay on the Bs coaching corner?!  Washington can take liberities because the Bs powerplay is so weak!
    Posted by islamorada

watch the replay from the ice level and you wil see that he was not even touched:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by islamorada

How is it that Chimera hit Marchand, but it's not that Marchand hit Chimera?  Marchand is the one who turned into the path of Chimera.

It's a wash.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : watch the replay from the ice level and you wil see that he was not even touched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9cp2CuCVY
    Posted by dbg1

There is contact there, but I don't blame either player for it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : How is it that Chimera hit Marchand, but it's not that Marchand hit Chimera?  Marchand is the one who turned into the path of Chimera. It's a wash.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

If Marchand actually lowered his sholder and hit Chimera it would have been a clean open ice hit and Chimera would not have scored....spinning around and floping on the ice was embarasing....not the Marchand from last year...not the Marchand I have rooted for all year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : There is contact there, but I don't blame either player for it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Not enough to cause that "Mike Riberio" act! Comon NAS stick to your guns here! Marchand is an embarassment to the Bruin Jersey acting like this! He's better than this! He's being ridiculous! The refs aren't buying his act & because he's been too busy diving instead of playing hockey he's hurting the Bruins!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Posted by islamorada

At full speed I tought it looked like interference, but the replay clearly showed it was a good no-call. There was barely any contact, and it even looks like Marchand may have leaned a little to try to draw some contact - perhaps trying to get a call or slow down Chimera.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : Not enough to cause that "Mike Riberio" act! Comon NAS stick to your guns here! Marchand is an embarassment to the Bruin Jersey acting like this! He's better than this! He's being ridiculous! The refs aren't buying his act & because he's been too busy diving instead of playing hockey he's hurting the Bruins!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Mention embarrassment and look who shows up. It's the Tear-Drop Kid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : Mention embarrassment and look who shows up. It's the Tear-Drop Kid.
    Posted by dezaruchi

And mention "Mr No Objectivity!" and look who chimes in!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : I didn't mention the dive and lay on the ice routine because I didn't want people to blow me up for hating him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I saw the dive and lay, then felt bad because he was cut.  Didn't realize it was his own stick.  In the immortal words of Jack Edwards..."Get UP!!!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : I saw the dive and lay, then felt bad because he was cut.  Didn't realize it was his own stick.  In the immortal words of Jack Edwards..."Get UP!!!"
    Posted by scooter244

When hit in the mouth, who's stick it is doesn't really matter does it? The pain is still real.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : I saw the dive and lay, then felt bad because he was cut.  Didn't realize it was his own stick.  In the immortal words of Jack Edwards..."Get UP!!!"
    Posted by scooter244

Marchand was hardly moving forward , he cannot get spun around like that by himself, not even Elvis Stojko could get that much leverage standing still and pirouette like that.
    He was hit, coincidental but none-the-less hit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I thought Marchand dove on the play.  I thought it was a total act.  I didn't like it.  I wondered when there was blood. I just watched it 10 times, and it is embarassing.  He's better then that and I am sure CJ will remind him that he has to be better then that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Posted by Tom857

I couldn't believe it earlier. He made a great strip of Ovie and then shoots it down the ice for the icing that led to the tying goal. My PeeWees don't make that stupid mistake. He's taken too many high-sticks to the head from 8 this series....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Logically if Chimera was not interfering then Marchand was interfering.  Yet, one player did leave the other on the ice. Bingo!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

We've all seen this replayed 100 times in slo-mo... and we still can't agree. Next game, this same play could be a match penalty for intent to injure. How is a plyer supposed to know what will be called and what won't?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

there was clearly a penalty but the only reason why the refs didnt call it is probably because March's acting....that was an interference ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 ( sent from my IPad)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : And mention "Mr No Objectivity!" and look who chimes in!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Marchand was mentioned as the best Bruin on the ice in game 5. I agree. Hurting the team ? Your supposed objective comments about Marchand are vendetta driven, predictable and meaningless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: The "Hit" on Marchand : Marchand was mentioned as the best Bruin on the ice in game 5. I agree. Hurting the team ? Your supposed objective comments about Marchand are vendetta driven, predictable and meaningless.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I'm not sure who you are speaking to and won't bother to check.  I have no Vendetta against Marchand, I think in many games last year during the playoffs he was our best forward and certainly the spark plug.  But, when he's dinving on the ice and reminding me of Alex Burrows, he is not helping the team.  The kid has skill, I just hope he focuses on playing with more speed and fesitiness with less acting and contrived gamesmanship.

Sections
Shortcuts