The "Kaberle" affair

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

The "Kaberle" affair

I was watching the  leafs game 2 nights ago and beside Bergie worse game of the year, the  worse Bruins  that night was Kaberle, i followed Kaberle on pretty well every shift he was on and he played with submission with  little but no effort, after  getting the Leafs up  one goal with a perfect  redirection, he went  back to the  bench without shaking his  head. He's a freeking Spy.

Dont resign him next year save  your $ for someone  who deserve to wear a  Black and Gold.
    To the Leafs:  Fore....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: The "Kaberle" affair

In Response to The "Kaberle" affair:
    I was watching the  leafs game 2 nights ago and beside Bergie worse game of the year, the  worse Bruins  that night was Kaberle, i followed Kaberle on pretty well every shift he was on and he played with submission with  little but no effort, after  getting the Leafs up  one goal with a perfect  redirection, he went  back to the  bench without shaking his  head. He's a freeking Spy. Dont resign him next year save  your $ for someone  who deserve to wear a  Black and Gold. To the Leafs:  Fore....
    Posted by ccoul

Weird because I saw him shake his head and utter something to himself. I also saw him play a very physical game(for him that is).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The "Kaberle" affair:
    In Response to The "Kaberle" affair : Weird because I saw him shake his head and utter something to himself. I also saw him play a very physical game(for him that is).
    Posted by callodthedom19

I too noticed that and the fact that Boston has a very high winning percentage with him in the lineup.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

How about the Granola Principle.

Granola crunchers should not be allowed to comment on hockey, as they do not have a freakin clue about the game.  These are the same defenders of the clod and say he can't be that bad look at the points.  This is the same mindless drivel that wants you to give an immediate smack down, similar to dopes when you are playing that all they can say is oh yeah look at the score. ST.Fu.

If that was Berg's worse game of the season, Ill take it, I seen the whole game and he looked very good. He missed 1 loose puck that should never have been loose and on another play he did not get all of his one timer, simply atrocious.

The team as a whole was lethargic at best of times and it started with the D not moving it out and when they did they gave it away just like in nyr.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am happy with Kaberle, and pleasantly surprised at how well he has played in his own end.  I thought I might have to suffer through his poor end zone play as a trade-off for his offensive production.  Happy to report, I haven't felt that way at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Kaberle "affair" has been all to the good for the Bruins, and one mistake in 70plus games does not make Bergeron less than terrific. Who's the troll who started this??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I see Kaberle still adjusting to being on the Bruins, in many defensive instances in the offensive zone  see him as being conservative as he had to with the Leafs, and he is reluctant to take chances offensively.

He has a supporting cast now, for a million years he didn't.  He's still suffering from shell shock and still adjusting.

This guy has mega-talent.  I have not seen one single Wideman type moment yet, not one deflating bad pass out of the offensive zone yet, not one.  Not one of those momentum killing mistakes that just sinks the whole team.

He's been quietly adjusting and getting better.  I don't think he'll be 100% settled in until next season.

He's really smart and learning where he can safely gamble, that takes a while.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Like BadHab was saying he's still trying to adjust.  Some guys take a while .
    He's a plus on team for the first time in a long time.
    One thing I didn't like to hear and not sure this is true. Supposedly on that Saturday night in Toronto where the Bruins lost in an interview before that game Elliot Friedman asked if the Leafs would offer him a contract would he accept and he said " yes " . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Like BadHab was saying he's still trying to adjust.  Some guys take a while . He's a plus on team for the first time in a long time. One thing I didn't like to hear and not sure this is true. Supposedly on that Saturday night in Toronto where the Bruins lost in an interview before that game Elliot Friedman asked if the Leafs would offer him a contract would he accept and he said " yes " . 
    Posted by BsLegion

There is no way that is true.That would've been all over hockey world if he'd already stated where his allegiances for next year lie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

know hes trying to work into b's system, but would like to see a little more intensity in his game. 
    Looked like  statue on the atlanta second goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Would I want Kabby back wearing the black and gold next year? Sure I would.. for the right price. Over 4 mill a year? I think my opinion changes more as that price climbs. He has been solid in transition and likewise skilled on the PP. I have also been mildly surprised at his defensive zone work. However, out of the three adjectives above neither are very superlative. For the price we paid acquiring him, I would have liked to be more enthusiastic, but Im not. I can only hope getting acclimated to the system and being tentative in his game are both factors.. and will go away with time.

On a sidenote: Bergeron's miscue. It wrinkled me for about 15 seconds until I came to my senses about how awesome he has been this year for us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'll be very interested to see how he performs as a Bruin within the intensity of the playoffs.  When the Leafs and Sens were involved in their "Battle Of Ontario" playoff wars, Ottawa would constantly send the likes of Neil and Co. to hound him knowing he'd be inclined to give up the puck in a hurry. 

He's arguably got more talent around him now than in those Quinn-era days so I'm hoping he flourishes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Defensively he is better than expected...very smart. Problem is we already had defense. Offensively he is way overrated....has no shot and doesn't like to shoot. He has done nothing for the PP. I'd rather see Kampfer out there. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Kaberle "affair" Huh when did Tomas get his own mini series ? Was Kaberle part of some sort of plot in ol Eastern Block conspiracy on History Channel I missed ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Actually, BsL - Kaberle was asked (paraphrasing):

"If the Leafs had offered you a contract (extension) before the trade, would you have accepted it?"

And without hesitation, he said "Yes".

I believe Burke was/is undecided about Kaberle's role with the Leafs and offered to trade him. I am not sure if he would sign for Toronto now that the trade has happened.

I am a fan and hope he signs with Boston next year. He is still getting use to his new team mates and will only get better with time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Actually, BsL - Kaberle was asked (paraphrasing): "If the Leafs had offered you a contract (extension) before the trade, would you have accepted it?" And without hesitation, he said "Yes". I believe Burke was/is undecided about Kaberle's role with the Leafs and offered to trade him. I am not sure if he would sign for Toronto now that the trade has happened. I am a fan and hope he signs with Boston next year. He is still getting use to his new team mates and will only get better with time.
    Posted by Davinator

I didn't hear the interview but heard from a few guys on here. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Actually, BsL - Kaberle was asked (paraphrasing): "If the Leafs had offered you a contract (extension) before the trade, would you have accepted it?" And without hesitation, he said "Yes". I believe Burke was/is undecided about Kaberle's role with the Leafs and offered to trade him. I am not sure if he would sign for Toronto now that the trade has happened. I am a fan and hope he signs with Boston next year. He is still getting use to his new team mates and will only get better with time.
    Posted by Davinator

I saw that interveiw too and was going to mention it but I couldn't find it on line to post as reference.  But when I first saw it, the cynic in me immediately thought that him and Burke had some kind of pac, going something like, "I'll 'rent' you out to the Bruins for the rest of the season because we really need a draft pic and we'll talk about a new contract come summer."  I know it may be farfetched and I hope I'm wrong, but something about his enthusiastic 'yes' made me think of that....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Bruins are 13-3-4 since Kaberle joined the team.  He is putting up better numbers, and looks far more comfortable as the season progresses.  I hope we re-sign him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: The "Kaberle" affair : I saw that interveiw too and was going to mention it but I couldn't find it on line to post as reference.  But when I first saw it, the cynic in me immediately thought that him and Burke had some kind of pac, going something like, "I'll 'rent' you out to the Bruins for the rest of the season because we really need a draft pic and we'll talk about a new contract come summer."  I know it may be farfetched and I hope I'm wrong, but something about his enthusiastic 'yes' made me think of that....
    Posted by gardenbees

I really hope not. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Kaberle should be more aggressive early in games. When they get desperate he starts taking the puck right to the net but no one seems to be ready for the dish. He should attack the net more often so that everyone's ready for it and so he gets better at making a quick read whether to shoot or dish. 

It's like going to the net in basketball. Eventually you'll score by accident, and if you're really lucky you'll also start scoring more consistently on purpose. Kaberle and Kampfer are the only ones on D who can attack with the puck in the offensive zone. The forwards have gotten much better at covering when a D-man attacks so it's unlikely to result in many odd-man rushes against.

Lucic, Seguin and Marchand should be the preferred targets. They seem to be the ones most consistently ready to finish even if the play doesn't go exactly as expected.

Until further notice, Kelly will be instructed to skate off for a line change whenever the puck enters the offensive zone. 

Sections
Shortcuts