The annual BadHab Development camp report

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: The annual BadHab Development camp report

We have already wasted way too much time talking about a guy who is basically a large orange cone.  His function at this camp is literally the same as the large orange cone's.  "Pastrnak, you're going to sprint to the blueline and pick up the puck, sprint to the red line and go around the orange cone, then sprint to the net and go around Oleg before taking a shot."

Invitees at this camp are not prospects.  They're equipment.

Are you not entertained?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have already wasted way too much time talking about a guy who is basically a large orange cone.  His function at this camp is literally the same as the large orange cone's.  "Pastrnak, you're going to sprint to the blueline and pick up the puck, sprint to the red line and go around the orange cone, then sprint to the net and go around Oleg before taking a shot."

Invitees at this camp are not prospects.  They're equipment.

[/QUOTE]

Stole the words right out of my mouth.  He probably won't even be invited to another NHL camp, never mind the Bruins.  Undrafted, 23 years old, still playing in college, and will have to find a real job in another year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Divsion I hockey is no joke.  I'm sure there are plenty worse players out there.  This guy might not be an NHLer or even an AHLer, but it's not like the B's picked him off the corner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

You people will all be eating crow when big ole Oleg is stomping his way to the podium to grab his Norris Trophy!

Okay, maybe not....the guy looked out of place on D1 college ice. He's got no shot at ever playing in the NHL. I'll be surprised if he's even AHL roster filler. On the positive side I had read something on him from UMass (I'm an alum and my son goes there so I get more email from them than the B's get from Stanley) about him being a smart guy who is doing very well academically. So hockey is probably not even where he plans on making a career. Good thing.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Any more non-Oleg related dev camp news?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The funniest thing is that he's doing well academically.  With his size and the name Oleg, you do totally imagine him stomping his way around UMass and randomly yelling "Oleg SMASH!!" before taking out a bench.

I'm tempted to change my sig line to: "...and in non-Oleg related news..."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any more non-Oleg related dev camp news?

[/QUOTE]

I want to hear everything Oleg related.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Should we start an Oleg fan club like Bill Berg once had in TO?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Oleg is the worst player in d1 though. Nice guy, cool accent, terrible hockey player

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The funniest thing is that he's doing well academically.  With his size and the name Oleg, you do totally imagine him stomping his way around UMass and randomly yelling "Oleg SMASH!!" before taking out a bench.

I'm tempted to change my sig line to: "...and in non-Oleg related news..."

HA! That would be great. I'll ask my son and keep my fingers crossed.

...and in non-Oleg related news... (hehehe)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Overheard comment from people sitting nearby, "worst development camp I've ever been to."  I agree

My usual disclaimer; it's just one day.  And this one day won't effect what happens tomorrow or the next day or the next year.

They were supposed to be on the ice at 10:30.

They didn't go on the ice until 11:20.

Malcom Subban didn't show up until about noon time.

For about the first 40 minutes drills were run and executed poorly.

Pastrnak - he sure has some moves, good hands,

Donato - also has really good hands, second only to Pastrnak out of this bunch.  It would be a huge mistake for this kid to play prep school hockey this coming season.  One thing weird, and maybe this is one of those things he did today and doesn't usually do - very odd skating style.  When he crossed over it was only in "half steps" and his stride seems odd.

Invites Bardeau, Norberg and Yevenko looked decent.  Yevenko is a big body.

Bjork - kid looked decent, pleasant surprise.

Wiley Sherman - overheard comment from someone sitting nearby "he looks out of place."  I noticed that his shot is absolutely lame, surprising to me for a big kid.  There's an issue with skills, didn't notice much speed.

Mitchell Dempsey - his conditioning looked much better than last camp.

Blidh, Cerlarhik, Arnesson - looked the same as last year or possibly digressed.  I was disappointed.

Baun, Doherty, Fitzgerald, Hargrove, Benning, Johansson, Sweezey and O'Grara made no impression one way or the other

Grzelcyk was red shirted, he's got good hands, but as you all know - not very big.

Globke - I am thankful he was an invite.

Subban and Gothberg - I didn't focus on them very much, but both seemed OK.  

Why was Subban 1.5 hours late?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the report badhab ...once in a while you make sense.....glad to hear that Pastrnak & Donatoo looked good but worry about Donato's skating....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

Overheard comment from people sitting nearby, "worst development camp I've ever been to."  I agree.

My usual disclaimer; it's just one day.  And this one day won't effect what happens tomorrow or the next day or the next year.

They were supposed to be on the ice at 10:30.

They didn't go on the ice until 11:20.

Malcom Subban didn't show up until about noon time.

For about the first 40 minutes drills were run and executed poorly.

Pastrnak - he sure has some moves, good hands,

Donato - also has really good hands, second only to Pastrnak out of this bunch.  It would be a huge mistake for this kid to play prep school hockey this coming season.  One thing weird, and maybe this is one of those things he did today and doesn't usually do - very odd skating style.  When he crossed over it was only in "half steps" and his stride seems odd.

Invites Bardeau, Norberg and Yevenko looked decent.  Yevenko is a big body.

Bjork - kid looked decent, pleasant surprise.

Wiley Sherman - overheard comment from someone sitting nearby "he looks out of place."  I noticed that his shot is absolutely lame, surprising to me for a big kid.  There's an issue with skills, didn't notice much speed.

Mitchell Dempsey - his conditioning looked much better than last camp.

Blidh, Cerlarhik, Arnesson - looked the same as last year or possibly digressed.  I was disappointed.

Baun, Doherty, Fitzgerald, Hargrove, Benning, Johansson, Sweezey and O'Grara made no impression one way or the other

Grzelcyk was red shirted, he's got good hands, but as you all know - not very big.

Globke - I am thankful he was an invite.

Subban and Gothberg - I didn't focus on them very much, but both seemed OK.  

Why was Subban 1.5 hours late?

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks BH for the update.  Appreciate the analysis.

Subban was late because he was detained at the border for wearing a Bruins jersey. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You people will all be eating crow when big ole Oleg is stomping his way to the podium to grab his Norris Trophy!

Okay, maybe not....the guy looked out of place on D1 college ice. He's got no shot at ever playing in the NHL. I'll be surprised if he's even AHL roster filler. On the positive side I had read something on him from UMass (I'm an alum and my son goes there so I get more email from them than the B's get from Stanley) about him being a smart guy who is doing very well academically. So hockey is probably not even where he plans on making a career. Good thing.

[/QUOTE]

UMASS Amherst '85 myself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks BH for the update.  Appreciate the analysis.

Subban was late because he was detained at the border for wearing a Bruins jersey. 

[/QUOTE]

And Bim, if they can't get Mueller for looking good on Krejci's right side, do you think Subban would fit?  I think the odds are about the same for either of them to play on Boston's first line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice. '84 for me and '86 for my wife. Son should graduate in 2017. Oldest daughter just graduated from Villanova and I have a daughter at St Anselm in NH who graduates in 2016. Tuition is killing me! lol

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Zoo Mass!

Man that place was fun in the 80s!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Nice. '84 for me and '86 for my wife. Son should graduate in 2017. Oldest daughter just graduated from Villanova and I have a daughter at St Anselm in NH who graduates in 2016. Tuition is killing me! lol

[/QUOTE]

Which dorms/area ?  Did you watch the playoffs in that Catholic building?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

'13 here 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

'13 here 

[/QUOTE]

'13 ???  My God, a child!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

'13 here 

[/QUOTE]

'13 ???  My God, a child!  

[/QUOTE]

26. 2 years of junior and a 5th year of school leads to a old graduate 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I lived in Southwest (Pierpont, one of the low-rise dorms) initially then rented a house with friends.

The Newman Center! Yeah, I watched some games there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I lived in Southwest (Pierpont, one of the low-rise dorms) initially then rented a house with friends.

[/QUOTE]

That's right - the Newman Center.  Why does boston.com have the word "l i v e" banned????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's right - the Newman Center.  Why does boston.com have the word "l i v e" banned????

[/QUOTE]

How I miss the Newman center

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 4mThe 6'7" 230-lb Oleg Yevenko just blasted in a bomb from the top of the circle on Subban. Crowd reaction said it all. Hard to stop that..^CS

The legend continues...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Go Oleg!!!!! The legend continues........indeed!!

Sections
Shortcuts