The Arizona Coyotes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

The Arizona Coyotes

As expected, city council voted 4-3 in favour on a 15 year 225 million lease agreement with Renaissance Sports and Entertainment which will keep the Coyotes in Phoenix. They will now go by the name Arizona Coyotes, if anybody cares. Lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The Arizona Coyotes

They can leave if they accrue $50M in losses.

See you in Quebec in two years!

As for the name change, whatever.  I wish they would go back to the native American designs however.  Their current white and red flavor of today look is so drab, so boring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

As for the name change, whatever.  I wish they would go back to the native American designs however.  Their current white and red flavor of today look is so drab, so boring.

They are there for at least 5 more years. After 5 years, they have an out clause in the contract which would allow them to relocate the team if they keep losing money at the pace they are now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Terrible hockey market and terrible decision.  Quebec City would sell out every game for the next 5 yrs if they announced a team.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Terrible decision is correct.  Pheonix will regret the decision as the 5 years will be a long wait.  So will hockey fans.  The only consolation for Pheonix:  "Nick Wood, an attorney representing RSE, said the out clause was out of the question, but made a concession on the deal, offering to pay the city any losses in revenue above $6 million should the team be relocated."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9446934/glendale-ariz-city-council-ratifies-phoenix-coyotes-arena-lease-agreement

Gary Bettman in the audience to protect his expansion legacy.  The Boston fans gave him his due in Game 6 celebrations.  

In response to shuperman's comment:

Terrible hockey market and terrible decision.  Quebec City would sell out every game for the next 5 yrs if they announced a team.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Gary Bettman in the audience to protect his expansion legacy.  The Boston fans gave him his due in Game 6 celebrations.  

And Bettman foils Canada again. Red is dead on, the NHL wants those expansion fees!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to islamorada's comment:

[QUOTE]Gary Bettman in the audience to protect his expansion legacy.  The Boston fans gave him his due in Game 6 celebrations.  

And Bettman foils Canada again. Red is dead on, the NHL wants those expansion fees!

[/QUOTE]

Without canada there is no nhl.  But red is correct as usual.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

All NHL teams could leave Canada tomorrow and the NHL would continue.

The revenue would take a hit from losing Toronto, but not one big enough to destroy the league.  Someone would try to create a Canadian version of the league, but the best players would still come to the established USA version because of the money.

(Relax my 51st State living friends, this isn't a dig at Canada.  Everyone knows I love Canada.  I'm a full blooded American enjoying Independence Day today, but I'd choose NS, PQ or ON over 75% of the US states!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

All NHL teams could leave Canada tomorrow and the NHL would continue.

The revenue would take a hit from losing Toronto, but not one big enough to destroy the league.  Someone would try to create a Canadian version of the league, but the best players would still come to the established USA version because of the money.

(Relax my 51st State living friends, this isn't a dig at Canada.  Everyone knows I love Canada.  I'm a full blooded American enjoying Independence Day today, but I'd choose NS, PQ or ON over 75% of the US states!)

[/QUOTE]

what about taking our players as well?  And the last i checked the canadian dollar wasnt 67cents.   Nice try though.  There are about 10 teams making the league float.  Half are in canada.  the nhl without canada would be like watching the xfl.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS.  Happy 4th of july.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I thought I was the only one who thought this.  The current look is unimaginative and seem to resemble the Russian national jersey from 1972.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

what about taking our players as well?  And the last i checked the canadian dollar wasnt 67cents.   Nice try though.  There are about 10 teams making the league float.  Half are in canada.  the nhl without canada would be like watching the xfl.   

If you took the players as well, it would be a very different story!

As for the teams that make the league float, which five teams up there are you referring to?  Toronto, Montreal...and who else?

Thanks for the well wishes on this fantastic day.  It's my favorite holiday by far.  I'm heading out to the beach later today to hang out with friends, enjoy a bonfire and watch the fireworks. Can't wait!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

If you took the players as well, it would be a very different story!

As for the teams that make the league float, which five teams up there are you referring to?  Toronto, Montreal...and who else?

Thanks for the well wishes on this fantastic day.  It's my favorite holiday by far.  I'm heading out to the beach later today to hang out with friends, enjoy a bonfire and watch the fireworks. Can't wait!

[/QUOTE]

Van calgary edmonton ottawa winnipeg.  

enjoy yor day, take sun screen and for the love of god do not wear blk socks up to your knees with sandles.