The Bear and the Gang

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

The Bear and the Gang

Pretty funny stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: The Bear and the Gang

Awesome.  Love the Bear commercials!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I prefer this promo
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1083&id=166452&cmpid=nhl-rxl-twt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

They seem to show everyone in a pretty favourable light, all with "set shots" (even the cheesy "phone shot" with Cam), except for Mr. Potato Head, who is shown in a game shot throwing a hissy fit at the refs.  Is that a shot at CJ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I love the CJ shot.  He drops about 5 F-bombs in that shot. 

Among the players, my favorite bits were the Krejci "fake laugh, and...Head shot!" and then Boychuk just...standing there.  No bit, just him standing there.  I swear, that guy never gets a concussion because you have to have a brain to be concussed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Give the B's marketing team credit. The Bear campaign is great and they know how to keep their product 'likeable' with the fanbase. The Red Sox should take note.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

In Response to Re: The Bear and the Gang:
    [QUOTE]I love the CJ shot.  He drops about 5 F-bombs in that shot.  Among the players, my favorite bits were the Krejci "fake laugh, and...Head shot!" and then Boychuk just...standing there.  No bit, just him standing there.  I swear, that guy never gets a concussion because you have to have a brain to be concussed.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

+1, Krejci nails it, and then photobombs Boychuck (which is a hoot because JB55 is usually on the giving side of photobombs...)
    It is great to see how funny they can all be given the right situation even Seidenberg, who can seem a bit stiff in videos.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I just watched the first episode of it on the new app (available through Android and Itunes) and it was pretty funny. I hope they stick with this. Brilliant marketing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

I was a fan of the Boychuk moment myself, with him doing sort of a weird double take to Krejci photo bombing him.  

Thornton not being able to hold his laughter was good, too.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This stuff is genius.  The Bruins have the best marketing people around.  I thought it would s*ck and then I laughed out loud (is there a shorter way to say that?) when I watched Krejci. 

Even Seguin was funny and he looks about as comfortable in the DD commercials as I do chaperoning the prom.

Chara's tiny jersey and then the innocent shoulder shrug from the bear?  Who wrote this?  It's awesome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I have no idea what other teams have in this regard but their's would have to be something else to top that of the Bruins.  This latest one is clever as hell.  Got a 70's/80's sitcom vibe.  The only other team I've seen with an inclination towards this kind of thing are the Sharks with their Christmas commercials. 

I know you're all wondering but no.  The Leafs, the club at the self-proclaimed center of the hockey universe does not have anything going on like this.  However, from time to time The Toronto Sun runs a car dealership ad with the caption, "Phil Kessel Says 'Score A Deal With Golden Mile Chev-Olds!'" or something like that.  It's got a small pic of PK included.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

promo was funnier than the video games episode.  i lost it when thornton lost it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The Bear and the Gang:[QUOTE] I love the CJ shot.  He drops about 5 F-bombs in that shot. Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

He's awesome when he goes off on the refs especially when he does a facepalm.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KCMDux88. Show KCMDux88's posts

Rene Rancourt was hilarious in the first episode.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I have no idea what other teams have in this regard but their's would have to be something else to top that of the Bruins.  This latest one is clever as hell.  Got a 70's/80's sitcom vibe.  The only other team I've seen with an inclination towards this kind of thing are the Sharks with their Christmas commercials.  I know you're all wondering but no.  The Leafs, the club at the self-proclaimed center of the hockey universe does not have anything going on like this.  However, from time to time The Toronto Sun runs a car dealership ad with the caption, "Phil Kessel Says 'Score A Deal With Golden Mile Chev-Olds!'" or something like that.  It's got a small pic of PK included.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Ha, that sounds riveting RHO.  Suddenly I want to buy a Chevy and/or Oldsmobile just thinking about it...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Good work by the B's media relations people, I like it.

One of my favorites of all time, and It involves the 4 letter word, but ESPN Primetime did a segment about the McGinty's with Berman,jackson and Sterling Sharpe that was pretty funny.  it was basically how they were all related and there were still shots of them in their youth, but I remember laughing out loud when during the highlights for that Sunday Shannon Sharpe caught a TD and Berman refered to him as a McGinty cousin..Anyone else remember that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bear and the Gang : Ha, that sounds riveting RHO.  Suddenly I want to buy a Chevy and/or Oldsmobile just thinking about it...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

He's not wearing the Leaf uni in the ad.  He's in a polo shirt. 

Sections
Shortcuts