The best draft pick in 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

The best draft pick in 2011

Make an argument for a player not named Hamilton...it's tough

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: The best draft pick in 2011

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Make an argument for a player not named Hamilton...it's tough

Landeskog.  Team captain and dominant.  But Dougie likely would be 2nd.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Landeskog.  Team captain and dominant.  But Dougie likely would be 2nd.  

No argument there though I think Huberdeau and the Nuge are primed to break out next season....imho.

But D-wise, no one has come even close....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Brandon Saad? but that could be a whole nother discussion in itself. How would you like to have both Saad & Hamilton. B,s took Kokohlachev 40th Chicago Saad 43th

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Khokhlachev is coming off a really good season, his 1st full AHL season. Saad's 1st 48 games in the NHL he had 10 goals with 27 points.

Jury is still out on KoKo

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

True SanDog, hopefully Koko can be what we envision, but Saad is a good player, big & fast, a stand out most games including playoffs.. Wouldn,t mind Saad on Soderbergs left side.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I don't know. Landeskog was drafted 2nd overall, for my money I think Hamilton at 9 has the steal factor. He could easily wind up being the best player to come out of the draft

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

True SanDog, hopefully Koko can be what we envision, but Saad is a good player, big & fast, a stand out most games including playoffs.. Wouldn,t mind Saad on Soderbergs left side.

Not arguing Saad's talent but KoKo has produced points in the OHL and now the AHL. PCs drafting is well documented but lets see what the fall brings.

And it took some games for Saad get going.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Not arguing Saad's talent but KoKo has produced points in the OHL and now the AHL. PCs drafting is well documented but lets see what the fall brings.

Saad was also projected for a time to go in the first round so its not like he snuck up on anyone or is some diamond in the rough outlier.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

has to be Landeskog so far, though I think when all is said and done Nugent-Hopkins will be the best player out of this draft, if he can stay healthy. Hamillton and Huberdeau are solid picks, also like Ryan Strome. Saad is going to be solid, but as far as value or steal, I have to go with Andrew Shaw..Pretty solid for a 5th rounder, most never see the NHL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Landeskog is a really good player and I think you'd still project his value above Hamilton's but it's getting closer.  The biggest drawback to Landeskog is that he already has concussion history at such a young age, and as an aggressive power-forward who drives the net, you'd expect the hits to keep coming.  Durability may be an issue for him, but otherwise, he's a stud.

Saad seems to run really hot and cold to me.

Can't imagine that anyone in Bruin country isn't very happy with Hamilton though.  He and Krug were two bright spots that really seemed to give Montreal a lot of problems (when nobody else was).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

has to be Landeskog so far, though I think when all is said and done Nugent-Hopkins will be the best player out of this draft, if he can stay healthy. Hamillton and Huberdeau are solid picks, also like Ryan Strome. Saad is going to be solid, but as far as value or steal, I have to go with Andrew Shaw..Pretty solid for a 5th rounder, most never see the NHL.

2010: 2nd overall- Tyler seguin. 9th overall - mikael granlund

2009: 2nd - victor hedman. 9th - Jordan Cowen

2008: 2nd - drew doughty 9th - josh bailey

2007: 2nd- James van reimsdyk 9th Logan coture.

2006: 2nd Jordan staal (should have been toews) 9th James sheppard

2005: 2nd bobby Ryan 9th Brian lee

2004: 2nd malkin 9thladislav smid.

aves did fine with their pick. Bruins got way more value than teams have prior to the pick. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't know. Landeskog was drafted 2nd overall, for my money I think Hamilton at 9 has the steal factor. He could easily wind up being the best player to come out of the draft

Steal factor is dougie no questions about it.  But on body of work to date im giving the nod to GL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Steal factor is dougie no questions about it.  But on body of work to date im giving the nod to GL

Right there with you. I kind of meant think to be a ranking of body of work and potential weighted against the players draft slot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Right there with you. I kind of meant think to be a ranking of body of work and potential weighted against the players draft slot

It could change in a year.  Im hoping dougie will be the guy to replace chara.  And im a guy who will always place more value on a top dman over any other position.  

If i could start a team tomorrow im starting it with Doughty.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Saad was also projected for a time to go in the first round so its not like he snuck up on anyone or is some diamond in the rough outlier.....

In his 1st 48 games in the NHL he had 10 goals with 27 points. How is that a diamond ?

19 goals is really good for Saad this year but I am not going say that he is better than KoKo until KoKO gets his NHL TOI.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Landeskog without argument.

Hamilton is playing well, but he's Drew Doughty.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

19 goals is really good for Saad this year but I am not going say that he is better than KoKo until KoKO gets his NHL TOI.

I hope koko does get a shot with the B's. Would be a shame if he bolts to the KHL which is possible if he feels the B's aren't giving him an opportunity....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The answer is clearly Ondrej Palat.  His ppg. is pretty much right there with Landeskog and they got him in the 7th round. 

Now, best player picked in the 2011 draft (as opposed to best pick) - yeah, Landeskog edges out the field. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Without question it's Landeskog.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bang for the buck ? not wasting a ton of resources with a big sprinkle of luck.

Andrew Shaw 165 NHL games from the 5th round.

Damn it I hate Bowman!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Okay so people aren't really grabbing the concept of this. I would fully expect the 2nd overall pick to put up the 26 goals landeskog did. It's rare that you can find a dman outside the top 3 that contributes this much before his 21st birthdaybirthday

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay so people aren't really grabbing the concept of this. I would fully expect the 2nd overall pick to put up the 26 goals landeskog did. It's rare that you can find a dman outside the top 3 that contributes this much before his 21st birthdaybirthday

No, people are getting it.  Hamilton just isn't as run away as you think.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I recall reading on bdc that Hamilton was an easy pick to make. A no brainer that PC shouldn't get any credit for .

Just wondering why teams that picked before the Bruins didn't get ..............the-bdc-memo ?

Great value pick at 9.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I recall reading on bdc that Hamilton was an easy pick to make. A no brainer that PC shouldn't get any credit for .

Just wondering why teams that picked before the Bruins didn't get ..............the-bdc-memo ?

Great value pick at 9.

I wanna know why his stock dropped.  I was very surprised when he was still on the board.  

• Sections
    Shortcuts