the big picture

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the big picture

we can discuss players, game plans, penalties, and whatever else passes the time by.... but one thing sticks with me. the bruins have not even come close to playing the way we all know they are capable, and yet they lead the series 2-1. it's the true sign of a great team, even when you're not playing your best, you find a way to win. their team defense is like dominant pitching in baseball, it covers up any other shortcomings the team may have at that point. it keeps you in the game, until your offense wakes up. scoring can come and go but team D is a constant. the bruins may be ugly to watch at times, but the results speak for themselves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: the big picture

In Response to the big picture:
    [QUOTE]we can discuss players, game plans, penalties, and whatever else passes the time by.... but one thing sticks with me. the bruins have not even come close to playing the way we all know they are capable, and yet they lead the series 2-1. it's the true sign of a great team, even when you're not playing your best, you find a way to win. their team defense is like dominant pitching in baseball, it covers up any other shortcomings the team may have at that point. it keeps you in the game, until your offense wakes up. scoring can come and go but team D is a constant. the bruins may be ugly to watch at times, but the results speak for themselves.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Right on ADK, I was thinking the same thing last night. It's a positive that Boston is winning without big contributions from the top 2 lines yet. When they start scoring the wins should pile up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

and when the wins start piling up.... that number in your sig goes down!!!! WOOOOO!!! GO B'S !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Absolutely, great post, adk. That is always the best sign of a great team. The teams that fail are ones that just simply can't get production from 3rd/4th lines and put too much pressure on either special teams or a top line to score. The B's find ways to get everyone involved. It's a sweet thing. Keep it going.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: the big picture:
    [QUOTE]Absolutely, great post, adk. That is always the best sign of a great team. The teams that fail are ones that just simply can't get production from 3rd/4th lines and put too much pressure on either special teams or a top line to score. The B's find ways to get everyone involved. It's a sweet thing. Keep it going.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    Good points Danny. The Canucks for example, wouldn't be so concerned about the lack of top lines scoring if they were getting some elsewhere. Oh well, they can't all be the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I've being waiting as well. The defence scheme is working well. Now we just have to wait and we will see our 2 top lines start to produce. I can hardly wait.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Scoring may be down thruout the Bruins playoffs, as most teams realize and see what the Caps, Rangers and other teams, with strong players, are doing, when they play the Bruins. Hunter is not leting up, and he has reinforced the Beagle line in order to have guys like Chimera slamming everything in a Bruins sweater. The slick guys, like Backstrom, don't know how to play tough, so they cheat, and get caught.