The bonus cushion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

The bonus cushion

According to capgeek, the bruins have 6 and change in cap room with 12 forwards under contract (including savard), 7 d men, and 1 goal (svedberg at 1 million). However, they have wiggle room. 4 million for savard if on LTIR, and 5.937 in bonuses. The deal with bonuses is that there is a cushion, and you can go over the cap by the amount of your bonuses. If they aren't hit, no problem, they don't count. If they are hit, and it puts you over, it counts against the cap the next year. So, If PC wanted to use every last penny, it looks to me like they have just over 16 million in cap room. I wonder if this isn't the end of the dealings. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: The bonus cushion

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

According to capgeek, the bruins have 6 and change in cap room with 12 forwards under contract (including savard), 7 d men, and 1 goal (svedberg at 1 million). However, they have wiggle room. 4 million for savard if on LTIR, and 5.937 in bonuses. The deal with bonuses is that there is a cushion, and you can go over the cap by the amount of your bonuses. If they aren't hit, no problem, they don't count. If they are hit, and it puts you over, it counts against the cap the next year. So, If PC wanted to use every last penny, it looks to me like they have just over 16 million in cap room. I wonder if this isn't the end of the dealings. 

And with the cap going up and if you have most of your roster under contract, the penalty doesn't end up being very much of a penalty at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: The bonus cushion

exactly, but I believe i was wrong. I think no matter what you can only exceed the cap by 7.5%. so with LTIR and whatnot they couldn't do too much

Sections
Shortcuts