The Brooklyn Islanders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: The Brooklyn Islanders

I guess you're right, but it sure seems a lot farther when I'm stuck in traffic on Hastings or the viaduct. (and crow flies doesn't really work because nothing in this town lines up that way).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

But the Canucks never won a cup which is just one of the many reasons why they don't matter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Guess the $10M that Wang paid surveyors and architects to come up with the plan for the Lighthouse project really was pocket change. Makes sense Wang had tried everything to keep the Islanders in Long Island.

Eh Red, I don't think you would be able to get anyone from the Hamptons to admit that they are connected to anyone from Flatbush Ave or vice versa lol

PS. Brooklyn Bums and the logo would be a pic of Henry Winkler n Sylvester Stalone in "Lords of Flatbush"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Brooklyn Dodgers would a bettter name SanDog!  Hehe.  IMO it is a better neighborhood to grow hockey than "Levitt" Long Island!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

BadHab

How many Cups have the Canucks won?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BadHab

How many Cups have the Canucks won?

[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, if I recall correctly, they haven't won any cups.

Another one of the many reasons why they don't matter.

I'm glad someone is paying attention.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Given it's Brooklyn, I'm thinking the appropriate name change wouth be the New York MouthBreathers.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Legion, Brooklyn's still on Long Island. Don't see why they'd need to change the name.

[/QUOTE]

Jeez I didn't know that.  Lived 1 year in Manhattan (Soho) , had a girlfriend in Brooklyn and never knew it was the same island as LongIsland. I feel shame !  Of course I recall the subway going over the bridge but  that was because thought only Manhattan was an Island

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Legion, Brooklyn's still on Long Island. Don't see why they'd need to change the name.

[/QUOTE]

Jeez I didn't know that.  Lived 1 year in Manhattan (Soho) , had a girlfriend in Brooklyn and never knew it was the same island as LongIsland. I feel shame !  Of course I recall the subway going over the bridge but  that was because thought only Manhattan was an Island

[/QUOTE]  It has already been reported they will keep their present name New York Islanders.

Sections
Shortcuts