The bruins don't get it and there is very little to none hope that they will

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

The bruins don't get it and there is very little to none hope that they will

Sad as we approach game 5 of the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS! The bruins are still saying how their effort is lacking at times and thinking they won a game because they had a 3 goal lead after one period. " We stopped working", "We need to play a full 60 mins.".

I was hopeing when I woke up today that I would be level headed and calmed down after a brutal loss. Thats not the case and the thing that gets me the most is how many times have we seen this from these players and coaches over the last 2 seasons. I am not even mad at the powerplay because it is what it is at this stage and its not going to get any better. Our power play just sucks.

I have plenty of changes that I would like to see the coach try with the line combos but I am not going to list them because you know Claude isn't going to change a thing.

Its not the fact the bruins lost its HOW they loss and its madeing. I would rather they just lose and go out of the playoffs then to see them Choke and Not give an effort in the Eastern Conference Finals you can't be motivated? Does anyone else see how disturbing this is?

So frustrating 6 wins from possibly winning a stanley cup and this team can't stay motivated to play a full game. I have never seen a team like this in my entire life in any sport.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: The bruins don't get it and there is very little to none hope that they will

In Response to The bruins don't get it and there is very little to none hope that they will:
    [QUOTE]Sad as we approach game 5 of the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS! The bruins are still saying how their effort is lacking at times and thinking they won a game because they had a 3 goal lead after one period. " We stopped working", "We need to play a full 60 mins.". I was hopeing when I woke up today that I would be level headed and calmed down after a brutal loss. Thats not the case and the thing that gets me the most is how many times have we seen this from these players and coaches over the last 2 seasons. I am not even mad at the powerplay because it is what it is at this stage and its not going to get any better. Our power play just sucks. I have plenty of changes that I would like to see the coach try with the line combos but I am not going to list them because you know Claude isn't going to change a thing. Its not the fact the bruins lost its HOW they loss and its madeing. I would rather they just lose and go out of the playoffs then to see them Choke and Not give an effort in the Eastern Conference Finals you can't be motivated? Does anyone else see how disturbing this is? So frustrating 6 wins from possibly winning a stanley cup and this team can't stay motivated to play a full game. I have never seen a team like this in my entire life in any sport.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.  There are many on here that don't like it when someone has negative comments but you are right with your assessment.  I have been a Bruin fan for 40 years and I cannot believe that I haven't seem them hoist the Cup since 1972. I am frustrated that we have a team here that has the talent to win it all but doesn't seem to have the work ethic nor the mental make-up to get the job done.  Do they realize that they have a glorious chance this year that may not come around next year?  Washington choked again and Pittsburgh had no Crosby or Malkin and although Vancouver or San Jose will not be a pushover, the way they are hitting, the Bruins could have been going to the Finals after a 5 game series win and playing against a battered team.  Instead it will probably take them 7 if they do win this series and now they will be equally battered against perhaps a slightly more talented team.  Someone has to pick this team up and show a sense of urgency.  CJ?  I doubt it.  It will have to be some of the key players but do they realize how fleeting these opportunities are? I don't think so. Maybe Cam can talk to them about how they were never able to get over the hump - in their case it wasn't lack of effort - it was Gretzky, Messier, Lemieux and Sinden being to cheap to get them a 2nd line scoring threat. This team has no excuses and Cam should let them know that in no uncertain terms. With the number of collapses this year and last, if they don't find a way to win this series a few changes need to be made and I would start with the Coach. Final 4 is very good but losing in the fashion they have over the last couple of years and not learning from it is unacceptable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Re: The bruins don't get it and there is very little to none hope that they will

Sad but true.  If you need motivation to "get up" for the conference finals there is something seriously wrong.

Don't know what it is but in the two games that these guys have chased Roloson they have nearly coughed up the game and have coughed up the game.  And it was a team wide effort to boot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

LUCIC,

What did you say when we were down 0-2 to Montreal? We honestly didn't deserve to win that series. 3 OT's and game 3 we should have lost.  TT saved our season that night.  But we over came all obsticles and won. 
    Round 2- pretty easy ride.  Game 2 was the only challenge.  And we should have lost that game but TT said no. 
    Round 3- we dont have our best player  for 2 and split.  Then grab home ice back.
    Yesterdays loss was hard to swallow.  But don;t discredit TBay either.  That was their series.  They also have had comebacks and are a gutsy club.  It was their home ice and their season.

Bottom line is the playoffs are full of these ups and downs.  We are tied 2-2 with home ice advantage. 

When Boston gets to the final you will say all kinds of wonderful things about keeping the faith, and Bruins forever.  We all act out of emotion and you and I started off on the wrong foot.  All I can say is sit back, watch the games and cheer them on.  When they get to the finals we can say this has been a great ride.  I think the West is gonna be near impossible to beat.  But as I continue to say.  Get to the final and see what happens.  Both SJ and Van are starting to get bruised and battered. 

We will make it to the final. 

Cheers dude

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Win or loose I just want effort not much to ask for imo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Effort will result in wins.  I agree.  We are lucky in this series as well.  We really could be down 1-3.  Game 2 was up for grabs.  BUT, we won. 
    Huge Huge win coming tomorrow.  Write that down!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, they don't get it.  They're tied 2-2 in the conference finals. 

Open your eyes.  Don't be such a sourpuss after a loss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Screw anyone who gives up on this team and says we are done because we are only 6 wins away from winning the cup. We have at most 3 games to wipe out TB and anther 4 wins to get the cup. Hockey is hockey and the Bruins will fix what they need to win. Until they are out there is a chance and they will pull thur.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Hey Lucic, have you ever watched the final 4 teams battle it out the last few years?? Have you watched San Jose? See todays game? Teams don't play great for seven in a row, period. The other teams are amped and swing the momentum. This stuff happens often with this type of pressure. That means Tampa may just fold like a house of cards the next two games and the B's might too. Believe it or not this is the "fun" of having your favorite team deep in the playoffs. Frankly, I would rather be disapointed with the effort in game 4 of the ECF than lament over what might have been if they could just get into the playoffs. Too bad so many fans think the sport is easy to play and "get up for" and go all the way, when the reality is it's the most difficult, by far, to win. Let alone get as far as the B's have. Enjoy the ride stop complaining about the bumps and turbulence!! This IS playoff hockey!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: The bruins don't get it and there is very little to none hope that they will:
    [QUOTE]Win or loose I just want effort not much to ask for imo
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Lucic17. They say the Stanley Cup play-offs is the hardest trophy to win in sports for a reason. There isn't a play-off where the two finalist haven't been thru peaks & valleys. Inconsistent play & blown leads are common place in the NHL especially now! 3-0 SERIES leads are disappearing like they never have before! Det nor Chic pulled off what Philly did last year, but to have 2 teams to come back against two of the better teams in the NHL in the same play-off is/was unheard of!

I agree with frustration buddy! Trust me. I'm the one who took down his shrine & said I wouldn't cheer for the B's again until CJ was gone earlier this season. Dez & Chowda told me to take a few games off & see if CJ starts coaching differently.  Well; he did in some aspects. 

In 1990 the last time the B's were finalists. They were chasing the Harford Whalers all series. They started the series without Bourque & Craig Janney The B's were President Trophy winners that season & The Whalers were...well the Whalers?  In game 6 of that series they were down 5-2 & Hartford had a 3-2 lead into the series. Dave Poulin turned into an overnight hero & got two goals & an assist in the 3rd & the B's won 6-5 forcing game seven where John Byce scored 10 seconds in & the B's won the game 3-1.

My whole point is EVERY TEAM in the play-offs goes thru something. Some teams over come more than others. The 94' Rangers with Stephan Matteau being the hero & Messier giving his own guarantee. The Canucks; during that 94 run over came TWO 3-1 series deficits & if I'm not mistaken the Rangers had a 3-1 series lead & the Nuks came back to force a game 7 in that as well. 

The B's may not win it all this season; but in the overall scheme of things. After the first 2 games against the Habs did you expect them to overcome & win? Did you expect to sweep the Flyers? This TBay team has over come a lot as well. They're not pushovers & they led they're division for most of the year. That was even without Roloson. They have arguably the top 3 sniper in the league, they have two warriors in Lecalvier & St.Louis. They have a great coach; who's going to win coach of the year. Plus they have a GM who KNOWS how to win it ALL! 

This B's team is FAR from perfect & I promise you they will make more mistakes & they probably will give up another 2, or 3 goal lead in the next round. I see a difference in this B's team than past ones. They're smiling still, they're relaxed! That's a sign off confidence; sign of "we know we're better than this!" Go back & take a look at interviews from last year after the B's lost game 5 against Philly. That was a team that looked beaten even before they stepped on the ice. 

I will be very disappointed if the B's don't win it all this year; but I can say they went a lot further than I expected. So the season wasn't lost.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

SJ got killed today by being shorthanded big difference compared to a team like our bruins who quit playing after 20 mins. If the bruins somehow get their heads out of there you know whats they should win this series and I relly think they have a good shot vs the nucks. Why didn't claude take a timeout after the second goal? I am not blaming thomas for last game as I have said he is usualy only as good as the team in front of him same as hes as bad as they usualy are. If nothing else put rask in just to try to light a fire under the guys. Every other coach in these playoffs havent been scared to bench their starter to try to change momentum.
    Yesterdays loss was a total team melt down. Everyone says we will win game 5 hope everyone is right but the bolts have all the mo now and i can totaly see the bruins playin scared and timid tomorow night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

As others have said, they were down 2-0 to the dreaded Habs and the B's came back.

Defending a 3-0 form the first period can actually be a very hard thing to do in the desperation of a semi final situation especially when you're playing a team like the Lightning.

I was totally p*ssed of at the end of game 4 but the series ain't over yet. I can be as hard as anyone on the Bruins but we need to know when to back off and not be too negative. There is still everything to play for. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let me see here... LUCIC-check, huntbri-check. you are both added to the list of people who jumped ship diring these playoffs. i keep this list, so IF/WHEN the bruins win it all, we can all laugh at you and call you out when the time comes. it'll be almost as satisfying as having the b's win. ALMOST. you guys are not the ones i want with me in any stressful situation. i can only imagine you running from ANY confrontation/situation(jumping ship). leaving those that were counting on you, to fend for themselves. you know the popular bruins fan saying, "when the going gets tough, ditch the team, and distance yourself from them as much as possible"- you guys are awesome. this has NOTHING to do with opinions, it has to do with jumping ship as soon as things look like they may not be going your way. better off with out you.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think the Bruins get it. Problem is, you can't let off the gas pedal, especially in a game where the other team is playing for their playoff lives, which was the case for Tampa.

Tampa's a good team and well coached. Hopefully the loss will get the B's back to where they need to be; playing desparate/hard hockey.

I still believe the Bruins win this series back in Tampa.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Bs went to Tampa and got a split. The way they lost was worse than the loss itself as Tampa has the momentum but this team is 2 wins away from the cup, I'm sure we'll see the effort in game 5. Lucic is definitely hurt as he was doing his best Michael Ryder impression on Saturday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

If the bruins defend home ice and win home games they win the series I know this. These playoffs home ice seems to mean very little. I have no idea what to expect tonight I really dont.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

According to Fluto (today's Globe),  the Bruins need "better dumps..."     

For sure!!   You can always tell which players are constipated!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

I have to ask:

Did anyone really think it was gonna be a 5 game series? Did you guys not watch Tampa Bay in these playoffs?

2-2 after 4 games, with home ice? I'll take those odds every time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bleedin'...you're right, it's all about perspective my friend. the bruins have a three game series with home ice advantage- winner to the cup finals....EVERY PERSON ON THIS BOARD WOULD HAVE TAKEN THIS SCENARIO IN OCTOBER!!!! EVERY ONE!!!  "the sky is falling" attitude is beyond my comprehension. no matter how this all pans out, this team is built to be a contender for MANY years to come!!! let's end THIS YEAR with a parade!!! then we can all look to stanley like some sort of nostradamus or something. GO BRUINS!! btw, i tried to find a place for more !!!! but couldn't find any!!! WOOOOOOOOO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: The bruins don't get it and there is very little to none hope that they will:
    [QUOTE]I have to ask: Did anyone really think it was gonna be a 5 game series? Did you guys not watch Tampa Bay in these playoffs? 2-2 after 4 games, with home ice? I'll take those odds every time
    Posted by Bleedinblackandgold[/QUOTE]

I picked the bruins in 7 before the series. I would have said sign me up if we were tied in the series with 3 left to play. Just how the bruins have slacked off with leads in game 2 and 4 have started to remind me of there past.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

If you don't hold serve at home, you have to split on the road, and win the "crucial" game 5. It's not realistic to expect less than a 7-game series with 2 evenly matched teams. If you win in 6, that's just gravy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to The bruins don't get it and there is very little to none hope that they will:[QUOTE] Does anyone else see how disturbing this is? So frustrating 6 wins from possibly winning a stanley cup and this team can't stay motivated to play a full game. I have never seen a team like this in my entire life in any sport. Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Could you please stop your attention seeking manic depressive 5 posts a night now !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The bruins don't get it and there is very little to none hope that they will : Could you please stop your attention seeking manic depressive 5 posts a night now !
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I post whats on my mind. Very happy we won tonight the bruins were totaly bailed out by timmy. Thank god for thomas he put the team on his shoulders tonight!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Less posting please.   And really, tonight wasn't so much about Timmy.  The Bruins started slow but played very well with the lead, and kept Tampa at Bay(Hah har har!).

Good team effort.  I wish everyone's doubts between each game were not posted in continuous new threads. 

It isn't that interesting to find that some fans are frsutrated after bad losses.  It's actually trite and redundant.