The Bruins must decide on Tyler Seguin..having him sit on the bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

The Bruins must decide on Tyler Seguin..having him sit on the bench

play 6-8 minutes will only delay if not destroy his development.

Options

a) Play him on a more consistent basis and live with his mistakes but also his speed and skill

b) Send down to minors  or

c) Trade him

This is not right for a so called frnachise player..the way the coach is going he will turn out to be another Alex Daigle 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: The Bruins must decide on Tyler Seguin..having him sit on the bench

Cant be sent to minors only back to Juniors wich would be worse for his development for sure. Trade him? Seriously? Not responding to that.

I agree with point A.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm glad I could get to the most idiotic thing of the day so early, it saves me the dread of finding it later.

Seguin is 13th in TOI for rookie forwards. Of the rest.... Oh hell, here's a different break down:
    "He plays veterans too much and doesn't give young players enough time.

Not really an operative complaint on a team that's not failed to reach the playoffs and have a winning record in his tenure. Are other rookies getting more time than Seguin, yes absolutely.  Among rookie forwards, Seguin is ranked 13th with none of the twelve players ahead of him having played less games. Of the players ahead of him, Logan Coture, Mark Letestu, Bryan Bickell, Jake Dowell, Mikael Backlund and Tyler Ennis all played in the NHL before this season. Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, and Magnus Paajarvi represent an unfortunate percent of their talent given that two of them are one and two in goal scoring for their team.

Of the other true rookies there is David Stepan, Jeff Skinner, Alexander Burmistrov and at the start of the season, none of their three teams were expected to make the playoffs back in September except possibly as bubble teams.  The Rangers have had a lot of injuries up front with Drury, Gaborik, Frolov and others spending time on the shelf, giving more ice time to a player two years older. Jeff Skinner looks like the steal of the draft, but let's face it, on his team anyone who could skate, and show up who ended up playing part of the season with Eric Staal was going to look pretty damned good. Skinner has worked hard to be second in scoring on his team no doubt, but how much of an accomplishment is that on a team that's 16th in goals for, one point out of last in their division, and two points out of the lottery?"

In Response to The Bruins must decide on Tyler Seguin..having him sit on the bench:
    [QUOTE]play 6-8 minutes will only delay if not destroy his development. Options a) Play him on a more consistent basis and live with his mistakes but also his speed and skill b) Send down to minors  or c) Trade him This is not right for a so called frnachise player..the way the coach is going he will turn out to be another Alex Daigle 
    Posted by dinami[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

Thank you Bangdbleeder for quantifying my post as idiotic..do you feel better about yourself now..good now go back to your mundane world and be the best bottle capper you can be.  It is just an opinion I expressed open to discussion for all.

Please I look forward and suddenly require your approval to go on with my day..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Can you explain why you think they should trade him?

A. agreed
    b. as noted
    c. Why? I don't see the logic in this or how it would benefit the bruins thus the question. It makes no sense honestly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He played almost 11 minutes last night, which is just a bit different than 6-8. A tiny bit.

And you are very welcome, you have my approval to go on with your day.

In Response to Re: The Bruins must decide on Tyler Seguin..having him sit on the bench:
    [QUOTE]Thank you Bangdbleeder for quantifying my post as idiotic..do you feel better about yourself now..good now go back to your mundane world and be the best bottle capper you can be.  It is just an opinion I expressed open to discussion for all. Please I look forward and suddenly require your approval to go on with my day..
    Posted by dinami[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to The Bruins must decide on Tyler Seguin..having him sit on the bench:
    [QUOTE]play 6-8 minutes will only delay if not destroy his development. Options a) Play him on a more consistent basis and live with his mistakes but also his speed and skill b) Send down to minors  or c) Trade him This is not right for a so called frnachise player..the way the coach is going he will turn out to be another Alex Daigle 
    Posted by dinami[/QUOTE]

Yeah i don't get why Seguin doesn't get power play time.Also don't get why Thomasis starting every game ,Rask has to get more starts,why play Thomas in back to back games.Rask is going to loose his confidence.He needs to play might as well send to Providence or trade him.Still don't think Julian nose what he is doing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=983572fc99ebd23339e34bc795f89dbe&plckUserId=983572fc99ebd23339e34bc795f89dbe">
    First: 12/18/2010
    Last: 12/29/2010

Yeah i don't get why Seguin doesn't get power play time.Also don't get why Thomasis starting every game ,Rask has to get more starts,why play Thomas in back to back games.Rask is going to loose his confidence.He needs to play might as well send to Providence or trade him.Still don't think Julian nose what he is doing.

Again with either send him to the minors or trade him re: Rask. I just don't understand that mentality. The B's have 2 very good goalies, why weaken yourself in that discipline? A very important position...what kind of return do you think you're going to get?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Then fine play him a little.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Wow, ok thanks for the insight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The kids never gonna get to the level we all wanna see him at in year one especially being bounced around from line to line, playing with rechhi doesnt help either. He needs to play on a young fast line, be given a specific role or for that matter, told to work on certain aspects of his game (duhhh thats what providence is for ) so its A/ more icetime, get him on with bergie and marchand, i always said get caron back for his line.
    Absolutly dont trade him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

Returning to the original statement..these are optoins I am putting out there..certainly to raise the issue that thus far his learning curve in the NHL has come to a complete halt..certainly the coaching staff and the organization has to look inwards and decide what is best for the player and for the organization..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Just keep playing him and live with the warts.. This is a pretty experienced lineup and Bruins can live with some of the challenges that Seguin is experiencing.. I think he has learned that the step up to Pro's is a little intimidating... He is also being asked to add the defensive responsibilities to his arsenal which is something he has never been asked to do in Jr..He probably does not want to let the club down and it is affecting his offensive output.. Interesting enough thru 33 games he is a + player..so he is not hurting the team..
    Hall and Skinner can't check their coats .. they are being asked to provide offense no matter what the cost and that is why their teams will be lottery picks once again..

If you haven't seen the potential with this kid so far, you haven't been watching..smooth, fast skater, great hands, good awareness, good passer, everything done at high speed.. he needs finishers to play with not guys with hams for hands.. He will be fine..and live up to everyone's expectations..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The positioning of Seguin with Bergeron is the right assignment as he can learn both offense and defense. The major detriment is keeping Recchi on that line. REX should be on the 4th line, lower regular ice time, available for PP, and rarely on PK because he cannot skate as well as guys like Paille. ONCE again Claude needs to loosen up. Sitting Savard and Horton was a good move, but not one that Claude feels comfortable with. Now, let's propose a Claude impossible creation::: move Marchand to Bergie's line and Recchi to Campbell's line. Alternate Thornton and Paille

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Seguin must earn his time.  I am not going to slam him like some others have, but realistically, he is 18 years old and is not competing hard enough for my liking.  If he picks up his "compete level" and actually takes the body every once in awhile, he will get more ice.  He reminds me of Stamkos in that he is not yet ready for the physical play at this level.  Now Stamkos is laying out Lucic.  He will be alright, give him some time, but he does not deserve to get first line minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

The positioning of Seguin with Bergeron is the right assignment as he can learn both offense and defense. The major detriment is keeping Recchi on that line. REX should be on the 4th line, lower regular ice time, available for PP, and rarely on PK because he cannot skate as well as guys like Paille. ONCE again Claude needs to loosen up. Sitting Savard and Horton was a good move, but not one that Claude feels comfortable with. Now, let's propose a Claude impossible creation::: move Marchand to Bergie's line and Recchi to Campbell's line. Alternate Thornton and Paille

I don't think you mess with the 4th line.. I think with Marchands speed and some offensive output it works better in the Bruins favour in matchups against the other teams 4 th line.. Rex is not a fourth line player..would not be effective at all playing in the physical game... That line has contributed 15 goals for the B's this year..When your 4th line contributes with goals then it makes your other lines more effective .. Rex is contributing very well to the Bruins offense, like last night.. he is 6 pts away from being our leading scorer.. what other team can say that about their 43 year old..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

for sure tough call on sequin..i didnt know he couldnt be sent down to prov.  that would have been my first option.....i hope rask gets the start in atlanta..just have to give tank a break...i know a lot of teams are playing mostly one goalie night in and out...like rangers habs  and many others but i think bruins need to find out if rask is good enough to be a backup  for this year.....guys like conklin..raycroft..biron   boy they dont play often but man are they ever getting it done when called on...thats what the bruins need....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I read countless posts saying that Seguin could play on the wing, and that it wouldn't be an issue - how's that working out? This kid's future will be as an NHL center, no plan in place to accommodate that eventuality.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

..certainly the coaching staff and the organization has to look inwards and decide what is best for the player and for the organization..
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is where I disagree with you...in the end the organization needs to decide what's best for the organization.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

WOW.

1. Guys please dont worry. Playing time will come for Seguin. I just think that Julien thinks that Seguin should be abit more ahead of schedule then where he is at the moment. Yes he is a rookie and they make mistakes. At the same time, the B's cant afford mistakes. Seguin has to earn that playing time, and not just cause he was a 2nd overall pick.

2. No matter what coach Julien does everyone is always against him.

3. We should focus more on the PP then what Seguin is getting for minutes.

4. This team needs to trade for a offensive D-man.