The Bruins Need A First Line Center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

The Bruins Need A First Line Center

This team is close to competing and making a run at the cup. Without taking anything away from the players the Bruins have, they really do not have a number One Centerman.That is the only way they can replace the loss of Savard who was our number one Center before his concussion, he was and never will be the same so it is time to move on and fill that position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: The Bruins Need A First Line Center

This is the other side of the coin which is a legit argument. No doubt.

If this was the move, I'd want someone in here much sooner, rather than later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JLEO25. Show JLEO25's posts

Sure do! Which one do you think we can get and what are we willing to give to get him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not many franchise type centers out there.  Richards would be nice but we would have to part with TO's #1 pick.  And I would say pass.
    Sure he is a great talent but the only way I toss the Leafs pick at anyone is if we are getting a young established player that is signed and on the upswing.  I dont see many of them available.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Its nice to have a first round pick, but if it brings you a cup, its worth getting rid of....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this should be their #1 priority- consider savard done as far as i'm concerned(career). it's the only trade they should even consider using that leaf #1 pick for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Marc Savard and Bruins team doctors declare him ok to play after the playoffs start it does not count against the cap keep that in mind. The Bruins need a finisher not another playmaker that will get frustrated when certain wingers flub his sweet passes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins Need A First Line Center:
    this should be their #1 priority- consider savard done as far as i'm concerned(career). it's the only trade they should even consider using that leaf #1 pick for.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Yep, I agree...Just dump it, if it brings you a legit Centerman/goal scorer...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Its nice to have a first round pick, but if it brings you a cup, its worth getting rid of....
    Posted by bgrif008

If you can find a deal that guarantees the cup then by all means do it.It's hard to get a guarantee though.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

If Marc Savard and Bruins team doctors declare him ok to play after the playoffs start it does not count against the cap keep that in mind. The Bruins need a finisher not another playmaker that will get frustrated when certain wingers flub his sweet passes.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

They declared Savard done for the Season and playoffs.  I assume it's possible they could change there minds but it seems highly unikely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins Need A First Line Center : They declared Savard done for the Season and playoffs.  I assume it's possible they could change there minds but it seems highly unikely. Posted by RickyHussle

Odds are yes he will not come back I'm not holding my breath but nothing in the CBA says he can't after the playoffs start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Not gonna happen. They said in the press conference he was shut down for season and playoffs.

Posted by SanDogBrewin

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Getting Richards doesnt mean we win the cup. I think it helps our chances but until we find a legit #2 dman who can help offset some of Chara's duties we are in trouble.  Philly got to the cup final b/c they had 4 dmen that were always on the ice.  We have one guy I trust everynight.  Just imagine how bad our dmen would be w/o Big Z.
    Obtain the following
    1. Dman- I actually like the Brewer suggestion from earlier today.
    2. Scoring Winger- I think there is someone out there.  I still stick with Penner.
    3. 3rd line center- I have mentioned Belanger and Frans Neilson.

And in that scenario this what the lineup would look like.
    Krejci/Lucic/Penner- who can stop them down low? 
    Bergie/Marchand/Rex- why change something that is working.
    Belanger/Horton/Ryder- Horton adds scoring to a 3rd line. 
    Campy/Thorton/Seguin

Chara/kamp
    Brewer/Boy
    Seid/Ference

PP1- Penner/Krejci/Lucic/Chara/Brewer

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They need a scoring winger...what's the point of getting a 1st line center when you have a shortage of 1st line wingers.  The ones we have aren't game changers, we need a PURE goal scorer like a Hossa or Gaborik...that's what this team lacks.

Rick Nash would look good in black & gold...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Nash in 2 more games has 3 goals more than Lucic. Gaborik has the same number as Marchand. Hossa has two more goals (12) than Recchi and 8 less points.

Nash is making 7.6 mil this year, with a cap hit higher than Chara's and is signed for the next 217 years.

Gaborik is making 7.5, and is signed for 3 more seasons at that price.

Hossa is signed through 2021 with a more than 5 million cap hit.

This makes then answers: NO, PHUKNO, and Hell no.

They need a scoring winger...what's the point of getting a 1st line center when you have a shortage of 1st line wingers.  The ones we have aren't game changers, we need a PURE goal scorer like a Hossa or Gaborik...that's what this team lacks. Rick Nash would look good in black & gold...
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Inice picture what are you trying to be? A bloodt Q____rn Response to Re: The Bruins Need A First Line Center:
    This is the other side of the coin which is a legit argument. No doubt. If this was the move, I'd want someone in here much sooner, rather than later.
    Posted by BBReigns

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pbergeron,

he would get paid.  he likely has a big insurance plan for this type of thing.  Why risk living a life where you see spots all day.  If he were a smart man he would retire.  Collect his insurance money and pension money and live off what he made and be happy to do so.

Sections
Shortcuts