The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!!

Hey guys, i really believe that the Bs will lose the next 2 games and that it will leave our GM no other choice than to fire CJ.  I don't expect them to hire another coach... i think Cam Neely would be the interim coach until the end of the year.  There is no way they can just stay there and watch this team crawl down the standings and lose every night.

What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!!

In Response to The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!!:
      Hey guys, i really believe that the Bs will lose the next 2 games and that it will leave our GM no other choice than to fire CJ.  I don't expect them to hire another coach... i think Cam Neely would be the interim coach until the end of the year.  There is no way they can just stay there and watch this team crawl down the standings and lose every night. What do you guys think?
    Posted by lucaooo

A bold prediction, luca.  I just don't see Chiarelli making a move at this point.  He seems to be not that reactionary but more studious in his evaluations of the situation.  Besides, the Bruins are too unpredictable to conclude they're going to continue on like this.  Admittedly, they look bad.

Lamorello had himself as a replacement for Julien in NJ but the Bruins don't have that luxury.  He saw something in the Devils' play that he didn't like.  Who knows if PC is even on that path. 

For inspirational purposes, I'd love Neely behind the bench but he's never coached.  I think he'll re-think things based on how the club performs in the playoffs.  If they're knocked out early because they didn't shake their present state, the axe will fall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Re: The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!!

Julien isn't going anywhere. He has 2 years left on his contract after this season and Jacobs has sold out every game this season and likely next season too.

As long as the seats are filled there will be no sense of urgencey from ownership to do anything. It's all about the $$$

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!!:
    Julien isn't going anywhere. He has 2 years left on his contract after this season and Jacobs has sold out every game this season and likely next season too. As long as the seats are filled there will be no sense of urgencey from ownership to do anything. It's all about the $$$
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup

That sounds so much like the Leafs' philosophy pre-Burke.  Might have explained why they hired John Ferguson, Jr.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

You guys brought good points but after last years debacle i don't see how the management can handle another one.  Plus how many extra millions is a second round appearance for the Bs compare to how much Julien's salary will cost them!!  I really do believe that they will have that in mind.  That is why i think it is 2 more strikes for Julien and then he's out!!   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

first thing 40yrs has posted that I agree with. Much as I would like to see a change, Claude will continue thru next year at least. Actually, it may be that Chiarelli is not ready to present a CUP-ready team. With roster spots clogged by Thornton, Paille, Recchi , Ryder, and Boychuck, this is not a CUP-ready team. This summer we may see multiple moves including Seidenberg, plus re-signing Kaberle may not be in the cards as long as Claude's system is in force.  After Nashville's overtime win, Weber said' we saw what they[Bruins] did in the game, so we changed our strategy to get some openings" Have the Bruins ever "changed their strategy", particularly in an ongoing game??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!!:
    Julien isn't going anywhere. He has 2 years left on his contract after this season and Jacobs has sold out every game this season and likely next season too. As long as the seats are filled there will be no sense of urgencey from ownership to do anything. It's all about the $$$
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup

If it were solely about the cash,wouldn't it make more sense for Jacobs to limit PC's spending,rather than letting him spend right to the cap?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Bruins fans, we have what we deserve. We can`t have everything in a team. We must select muscles or talent. For 40 years, We have always preferred the muscles. They gave us what we want. A intimidating team but slow and uncreative.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!! : If it were solely about the cash,wouldn't it make more sense for Jacobs to limit PC's spending,rather than letting him spend right to the cap?
    Posted by dezaruchi

No because by 2005 Jacobs finally after years and years pushed fans to their breaking point. They traded Thornton, STH were down to 4,000 his hand was forced he HAD to spend, he HAD to fire MOC. Thats the only reason any changes were made at all was because it was starting to cost him money.

So what you have now is a philosphy of spending to the cap, his cap and raise ticket prices which in case you havent noticed has been raised 3 times in 4 years despite playoff choke after playoff choke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Its that mad unpredictability of the Bruins that I find the most curious with regards to Julien.  We've watched this club all season and we're still no closer to knowing how they'll fare game to game.  Sometimes I wonder if even he knows who will emerge from the locker room. 

I'm trying to look at their recent play as an untimely dip with the playoffs on the not too distant horizon.  Better they slump now than when the stakes are really high.  Should what ails them be brought into the playoffs causing a meek atempt at winning then yes, the spotlight of accountability must fall on Julien and staff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!! : No because by 2005 Jacobs finally after years and years pushed fans to their breaking point. They traded Thornton, STH were down to 4,000 his hand was forced he HAD to spend, he HAD to fire MOC. Thats the only reason any changes were made at all was because it was starting to cost him money. So what you have now is a philosphy of spending to the cap, his cap and raise ticket prices which in case you havent noticed has been raised 3 times in 4 years despite playoff choke after playoff choke.
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup

I'm not sure I understand where you went in regards to my question.One minute the cash is all that matters and the next minute Jacobs is spending to the cap because they "pushed fans to their breaking point".That doesn't sound fiscally responsible to me.Instead it would seem they're spending money to appease the fan base.I just don't see a negative with PC being allowed to spend the league max.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!! : I'm not sure I understand where you went in regards to my question.One minute the cash is all that matters and the next minute Jacobs is spending to the cap because they "pushed fans to their breaking point".That doesn't sound fiscally responsible to me.Instead it would seem they're spending money to appease the fan base.I just don't see a negative with PC being allowed to spend the league max.
    Posted by dezaruchi

The cap is below what JJ was spending on player salary pre-cap.
    He was one of the few teams in the black prior to the lockout.  They claimed they would be in the red shortly if a cap were not imposed.
    Spending to the cap is the right business move,
     1) it's less than what he would have to spend without it,
    2) the fans see that he's spending to the cap.

It's the money outside of the cap that's discretionary.  Scouting and coaching.  From what I've read, JJ was none too happy about having to eat the Lewis salary and doesn't want to see that happen again.   I was rather surprised honestly as I thought PC would insure to build that into the whole scheme, after all, firing a coach really should be something that you have to anticipate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!! : I'm not sure I understand where you went in regards to my question.One minute the cash is all that matters and the next minute Jacobs is spending to the cap because they "pushed fans to their breaking point".That doesn't sound fiscally responsible to me.Instead it would seem they're spending money to appease the fan base.I just don't see a negative with PC being allowed to spend the league max.
    Posted by dezaruchi

He makes no sense.  He's one of those fans stuck in 1992 who blames Jacobs for everything including the Kennedy assassination.  They point to dumping Thornton because "they didnt want to pay him" when in reality they didnt want to pay him to disappear at playoff time and look like a scared puppy under the glare in Boston.  They never acknowlege the B's took Thornton's $$ plus some and immediately bought the 2 most expensive free agents in the market (Savard and Chara).  Spending all the way to the cap IS the point that managment wants to win, and trying to pretend that dragging their feet in firing Julien is some sort of evidence to the contrary is a perfect example of a clueless and out of touch perspective.

PS, losing to the Devils wont be enough to fire CJ.  The first-round loss to Montreal will get it done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Ever. Show 4Ever's posts

I am not a fan of knee jerk reactions, but short of a major change (coach), what can be done to this team at this point.  There is enough talent to make a run in the playoffs, not saying win the Cup.  Don't you at least have to try something?  And yes, I know this will cost JJ abd company money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I am not a fan of knee jerk reactions, but short of a major change (coach), what can be done to this team at this point.  There is enough talent to make a run in the playoffs, not saying win the Cup.  Don't you at least have to try something?  And yes, I know this will cost JJ abd company money.
    Posted by 4Ever

Exactly it is not like they can trade anyone.  The only player that should be in the line up instead of Thornton is Caron.  Are they going to waist another year!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

look JJ cant be blamed for being cheap any more they have spent  close tot he cap   every year on the other hand its been how they spent  it that hurt them  so blame the  GM on that one   as for as CJ goes   he is as good as gone if we fail to get out of the first or second round come playoff time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Ever. Show 4Ever's posts

This team has talent, and not not sure this mess we are seeing now is even mostly the coach's fault.  I don't see enough from the players to suggest they can get this thing turned around in the next couple of weeks.  Change something or keep your fingers crossed they don't repeat the last 2 years in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Something is wrong for sure with the team... obviously we do not know everything going in the locker room.  It is their job to take care of the problem and come up with a solution.  I am not worried about the Krejci line in the playoffs but every other lin will be a mistery.  We all know that no team can go all the way with only one line cashing in!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

CJ won't be let go until the off-season, IF he goes at all. Bruins get bounced in Round 1, there is a chance he gets the axe. They make it to Round 2 and I bet he stays.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

first thing 40yrs has posted that I agree with. Much as I would like to see a change, Claude will continue thru next year at least. Actually, it may be that Chiarelli is not ready to present a CUP-ready team. With roster spots clogged by Thornton, Paille, Recchi , Ryder, and Boychuck, this is not a CUP-ready team. This summer we may see multiple moves including Seidenberg, plus re-signing Kaberle may not be in the cards as long as Claude's system is in force.  After Nashville's overtime win, Weber said' we saw what they[Bruins] did in the game, so we changed our strategy to get some openings" Have the Bruins ever "changed their strategy", particularly in an ongoing game??
    What was their strategy? Wait for Bruins to take a stupid penalty? If so, it worked.
    Posted by bogie6

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

1rst round no matter who they play save buffalo, they are done.
    Kaberle will be bringing out the golf clubs early.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: The Bruins will lose against the Devils and the Habs and Julien will get fired!! : Exactly it is not like they can trade anyone.  The only player that should be in the line up instead of Thornton is Caron.  Are they going to waist another year!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Have you actually seen Caron play in-person for Providence?  Disappointing.  I've seen him twice in the past 6 weeks, BOTH nights he was invisible.  Not fast.  Not physical.  Not fully engaged.  Yes, Providence isn't a good team these days, but Caron showed almost nothing, which must be why he's been down there most of the season. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

It is normal for a guys who has a taste of the NHL and who has been sent back down to react like that.  He is probably thinking about the next training camp with the big club already.  He need to go past that and focus and his game and try to improve. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

What I like with this is the motivation Neely would send to the club, especially Lucic.  What I dont like is the shambles it would leave the club in with such a drastic move so late in the season.  I agree with RichHill in Chia's approach being a studious one and more meticulous in Nature.

The team has to start scoring, give the back end some confidence as they seem to be lacking that big time lately.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

What I would also like to add is don't count any team out in the playoffs, I have been reading on this board for over 5 years how this team isn't cup ready.  But we have all seen teams scrape their way into the 8ths spot and get farther than the # 1 seed.  It all comes down to who's healthy come playoff time and who is riding momentum going in and after the first round

there are always suprises and upsets, this year will be no different.

Sections
Shortcuts