The Canucks Are Cowards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

The Canucks Are Cowards

I don't think I've ever been so ticked off after a win. Believe me, I'm thrilled with what the Bruins did last night, but I'm equally as disgusted with the Vancouver Cowards...a team I never gave much thought to (before the Finals the thing that annoyed me most about the canucks was the "Green Men") until I saw them in these Finals and realized what they are--cowards.

Consider this partial list of hacks, goons, and posers:

1. Burrows--a finger biter
    2. Lapierre--a finger biter taunter
    3. Hansen--a guy who slashes Krejci in the back of the legs (nice job being on top of that one, refs), and then celebrates like he's scored in OT a meaningless goal near the end of a game his team is trailing by 5 goals.
    4. Rome--a sickening dirty blindside illegal interference hit that probably cost the Bruins their second-leading point getter for the rest of the series.
    5. Torres--a notorious cheap, dirty player continuing his hack ways in this series.

Burrows should have been suspended at least a game for his Tyson impression on Bergeron. That's not a Bruins partisan view--it's widely held across the rest of the league by players coaches and talking head pundits. If the NHL doesn't suspend Rome for the rest of the series for what he did to Horton then someone in the front office NHL brass is way deep into Vancouver's pocket and the geniuses who run this league into the ground on a regular basis have no one but themselves to blame for its best players losing games while the league loses money. Idiots.

As for the Vancouver Cowards I am especially eager to see them lose the Stanley cup to Boston--and they will.

Because they have no heart, no honor, and no guts. They are cowards.

And the Bruins are going to expose them as such as this series continues and the Bruins win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

Re: The Canucks Are Cowards

Regardless of the outcome of this series, the one thing that is already clear is that the Canucks have disgraced themselves, their city, and their sport. 

What a pathetic, cowardly  collection of allegedly professional athletes.  What an embarassment of a franchise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They (Canucks)arent as good as their record would suggest...I really am surprised about the dirty play of the Canucks..I had no idea they played like that...The B's can, and will beat them. Talk about waking A sleeping bear, nevermind 20+ of them...Best wishes and prayers for Nathan Horton....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hits like the one that happened last night are the result of what happens when the Canucks are allowed to do whatever they want...
    They Bruins needed something to fire them up and sadly I guess this was it. They played masterfully last night.
    I Hope Nathan Horton is okay...and I hope the league hands down a suspension to Rome that ends his season...anything less would be unacceptable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

They may have said the right things to the media about knowing that they can't let their foot off the gas but they have been carrying themselves with a lot of unearned arrogance.  I know athletes in general carry themselves with a bit of arrogance as they need it to perform.  But these guys even before game 2 were acting like they were well on their way to winning the series after winning one game. 

At the very least last night may have brought them back down to earth a little. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

TRY to bear it says it all. I had not watched the Canucks much prior to this series. The Sedins bring back Grapes early quotes about Swedish players. They act as if they are too good to be hit, but pull off little jabs like Hansen's on Kreji. Timmy's check on Sedin , in the crease, was one of the best all night. Hansen comes from the same global territory, and plays like a Swedish trained cheap shot. Many years ago a top notch Connecticutt High school had a Swedish coach who taught all of the dirty tricks. He was a real cheap shot artist and not the right leader for High School.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to The Canucks Are Cowards:
    I don't think I've ever been so ticked off after a win. Believe me, I'm thrilled with what the Bruins did last night, but I'm equally as disgusted with the Vancouver Cowards...a team I never gave much thought to (before the Finals the thing that annoyed me most about the canucks was the "Green Men") until I saw them in these Finals and realized what they are--cowards. Consider this partial list of hacks, goons, and posers: 1. Burrows--a finger biter 2. Lapierre--a finger biter taunter 3. Hansen--a guy who slashes Krejci in the back of the legs (nice job being on top of that one, refs), and then celebrates like he's scored in OT a meaningless goal near the end of a game his team is trailing by 5 goals. 4. Rome--a sickening dirty blindside illegal interference hit that probably cost the Bruins their second-leading point getter for the rest of the series. 5. Torres--a notorious cheap, dirty player continuing his hack ways in this series. Burrows should have been suspended at least a game for his Tyson impression on Bergeron. That's not a Bruins partisan view--it's widely held across the rest of the league by players coaches and talking head pundits. If the NHL doesn't suspend Rome for the rest of the series for what he did to Horton then someone in the front office NHL brass is way deep into Vancouver's pocket and the geniuses who run this league into the ground on a regular basis have no one but themselves to blame for its best players losing games while the league loses money. Idiots. As for the Vancouver Cowards I am especially eager to see them lose the Stanley cup to Boston--and they will. Because they have no heart, no honor, and no guts. They are cowards. And the Bruins are going to expose them as such as this series continues and the Bruins win.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I'm with you buddy! Calgary used to be my 2nd most hated team; but Vancouver now is! At least players on the Flames will fight when challenged.  I play hockey (plse my US friends don't take this the wrong way) the Canadian way. Shooting your mouth off & acting all tough! Disgusting stuff!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

The Canucks and their fans were arrogant and cocky going into last night's game and it was great to see them beaten in EVERY aspect of the game last night. The Bruins slapped them around the Garden last night and the Canucks looked so pathetic last night. The excuses will be flying today from the Vancouver fans but they were flat out embarrassed.

I've already heard a lot of whining from Canuck fans and the troll supporters of other teams that the B's beat this seasos. They are complaining about the Bruins throwing the "biting taunt" back at the turtling Canucks last night. Too funny. It was "all in good fun" when it was being done to the Bruins in game two but a disgrace to the game of hockey when it's done back to the Canucks.

I'm noticing a lot of similarities between the Vancouver and Montreal fanbases. It was great to see the Canucks with their tails between their legs all night, praying that mommy would make the bad men stop!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The Canucks aren't covering themselves in glory, for sure.  I keep hearing that they can play a speed game or a physical game, but they surely lost their composure when the Bruins took the intensity up a notch. If the Bruins go down, I hope it's playing like they did last night.  They need to play with an edge to counteract the Canucks. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

It always seems strange to me that professionals, paid well as they are, need any additional motivation to play their hardest, especially in a championship series, but clearly (and to their own admission) the cheap shot on Horton did that for the B's last night. Here's hoping it carries them through the rest of the series. I know I always found extra motivation when playing against a bunch of cheap shot jerks, so I imagine it could work for the B's too, now that the Vancouver (a city I have visited often and generally is a great place, with nice folks) hockey team has proved itself as much. (Individual players disgrace themselves with cheap shots, but when the whole team endorses it, they make their own shame, and there is no way that was any other than a cheap shot on Horton.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Cowardly little girls. You can count to 3 after Horton releases that puck before he gets hit. Torres's attempted flying elbow on boychuck, the slash on DK, Sedin acting like he's skating away from Ference and then going for the dragon-sleeper.

Just embarassing. Who was it that flopped like he got stabbed when Lucic gave him a sack whack only to try and punch Lucic in the back of the head as soon as the ref's showed up. Pathetic display.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards:
    Cowardly little girls. You can count to 3 after Horton releases that puck before he gets hit. Torres's attempted flying elbow on boychuck, the slash on DK, Sedin acting like he's skating away from Ference and then going for the dragon-sleeper. Just embarassing. Who was it that flopped like he got stabbed when Lucic gave him a sack whack only to try and punch Lucic in the back of the head as soon as the ref's showed up. Pathetic display.
    Posted by RechsimusMaximus

That would be Burrows. Vancuover Canucks, tough when the refs are around, turtles when they aren't.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Sofar this playoffs its been the Canadiens, The Canadiens-South, and the Canadiens-West.

I cant believe  Philly was the most respectable team we played. Thats really saying something. I expected the canucks to skate hard, hit hard but play clean and classy. Something thier fans LOVED TO BRAG ABOUT befoer the series started.

They've done anything but be classy they are a disgrace.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter2k10. Show scooter2k10's posts

Let's face it Boston, you got lucky last night. Don't kid yourself, the Canucks are the superior team. The only reason of why the Bruins are in the Finals is because Crosby went down. The Bruins do not get past a healthy Penguins team. And it's not just Vancouver: Boston would've lost to San Jose, Nashville, or Detroit. Canucks will take care of business in Game 4, win the cup in Game 5, and distinguish this grandiose idea that Boston is a "hockey town"!

The audacity of Bob Ryan to call Boston a "hockey town" just shows his lack of knowlegdge of the sport. Boston, you are not a hockey town. The only American hockey town is Detroit. Accomplish what Detroit has accomplished in the past 20 years and then maybe you can call yourselves a "hockey town". Even Chicago and Pittsburgh are not on Detroit's level. Only Toronto, Montreal, and Detroit can call themselves "hockey towns". I wouldn't even put Vancouver on Detroit's level, yet. Just because Boston is an Original 6 team does mean anything. Fact is you only have 5 cups and 10 years ago you held a parade in Boston for the Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche! Do think Detroit, Montreal, or Toronto would hold a parade for another team? Hell no! Boston did, and that makes you a hockey town! What a joke! GO CANUCKS!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

Regardless of the outcome of this series, the one thing that is already clear is that the Canucks have disgraced themselves, their city, and their sport.  What a pathetic, cowardly  collection of allegedly professional athletes.  What an embarassment of a franchise.
    Posted by hangedman

I coulds not agree more. I am Canadian and I am totally embarassed that the tesm "Canada's Team" is being foisted on us by the CBC and so on. They lit the f'n Olympic flame on their behalf which I find outrageous!
    Their arrogance and sense of entitlement is beyond comprehension. What happede to win graciously and loose with dignity. They have neither of these qualities either individually or collectively as a team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter2k10. Show scooter2k10's posts

Sofar this playoffs its been the Canadiens, The Canadiens-South, and the Canadiens-West. I cant believe  Philly was the most respectable team we played. Thats really saying something. I expected the canucks to skate hard, hit hard but play clean and classy. Something thier fans LOVED TO BRAG ABOUT befoer the series started. They've done anything but be classy they are a disgrace.
    Posted by RechsimusMaximus

So is your idea of respectable video taping the New York Jets and stealing their signals? Or how about how dirty Larry Bird and Robert Parrish played in the late-1980s playoff battles against the Pistons? Was the respectable? Or what about Pedro Martinez, wearing a Red Sox jersey,  beating up a 65 year old man? Was that respectable too? Seems like Boston is filled with hypocrytes!

GO CANUCKS!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

sorry about the typos but I'm so pissed that I can't keyboard

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : So is your idea of respectable video taping the New York Jets and stealing their signals? Or how about how dirty Larry Bird and Robert Parrish played in the late-1980s playoff battles against the Pistons? Was the respectable? Or what about Pedro Martinez, wearing a Red Sox jersey,  beating up a 65 year old man? Was that respectable too? Seems like Boston is filled with hypocrytes! GO CANUCKS!!
    Posted by scooter2k10

This is hockey pal. A game of honour!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter2k10. Show scooter2k10's posts

Regardless of the outcome of this series, the one thing that is already clear is that the Canucks have disgraced themselves, their city, and their sport.  What a pathetic, cowardly  collection of allegedly professional athletes.  What an embarassment of a franchise.
    Posted by hangedman

It's not like one of our players beat up a 65 year old man (see Yankees vs. Red Sox). It's not like we blamed our inability to win a championship on a curse of a fat drunk, when really we just sucked all those years. (see Babe Ruth). It's not like we live in the shadow of a giant and we all secretly wish we could be them. (see New York Yankees).

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter2k10. Show scooter2k10's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : This is hockey pal. A game of honour!
    Posted by scotland19

Yes, thank you. I am simply pointing out the double standards of Boston fans. They whine about when something happens to them, but yet they do it too! I would include some Bruins history, but that is really a history of losing. In the Boston sports world, the Bruins are behind the Sox, Celtics, Pats, and Boston College. Boston is only pretending to like hockey!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In Response to The Canucks Are Cowards:
    I don't think I've ever been so ticked off after a win. Believe me, I'm thrilled with what the Bruins did last night, but I'm equally as disgusted with the Vancouver Cowards...a team I never gave much thought to (before the Finals the thing that annoyed me most about the canucks was the "Green Men") until I saw them in these Finals and realized what they are--cowards. Consider this partial list of hacks, goons, and posers: 1. Burrows--a finger biter 2. Lapierre--a finger biter taunter 3. Hansen--a guy who slashes Krejci in the back of the legs (nice job being on top of that one, refs), and then celebrates like he's scored in OT a meaningless goal near the end of a game his team is trailing by 5 goals. 4. Rome--a sickening dirty blindside illegal interference hit that probably cost the Bruins their second-leading point getter for the rest of the series. 5. Torres--a notorious cheap, dirty player continuing his hack ways in this series. Burrows should have been suspended at least a game for his Tyson impression on Bergeron. That's not a Bruins partisan view--it's widely held across the rest of the league by players coaches and talking head pundits. If the NHL doesn't suspend Rome for the rest of the series for what he did to Horton then someone in the front office NHL brass is way deep into Vancouver's pocket and the geniuses who run this league into the ground on a regular basis have no one but themselves to blame for its best players losing games while the league loses money. Idiots. As for the Vancouver Cowards I am especially eager to see them lose the Stanley cup to Boston--and they will. Because they have no heart, no honor, and no guts. They are cowards. And the Bruins are going to expose them as such as this series continues and the Bruins win.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

The Canucks have shown the whole world what a dirty, cheap team they are. I hope we keep unleashing Thornton on them. And, I hope some Boston fans give the green morons a beer shower.

Sections
Shortcuts