The Canucks Are Cowards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

Re: The Canucks Are Cowards

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards:
    In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : It's not like one of our players beat up a 65 year old man (see Yankees vs. Red Sox). It's not like we blamed our inability to win a championship on a curse of a fat drunk, when really we just sucked all those years. (see Babe Ruth). It's not like we live in the shadow of a giant and we all secretly wish we could be them. (see New York Yankees).
    Posted by scooter2k10

Pedro hardly "beat up" Don Zimmer.  That said, Martinez acted incorrectly on the occasion to which you seem to refer, and at the time I and many fans called him on it.  I admired Pedro's talent, but I was never a fan of his peculiar personality.  When a Boston athlete acts inappropriately, I acknowledge that. 

And it's been a long time since the Sox lived in the shadow of the Evil Empire.  Where have you been for practically the entire 21st century, guy?

I'll let the actions of the Canucks speak for themselves.  That you think their behavior is just fine says all we need to know about you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter2k10. Show scooter2k10's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : Does your boyfriend call you Scooter? How cute. Yes, when someone charges me in a violent way, I always ask how old they are before defending myself. You're a geek.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Not only are a hypocryte, but you are also a bigot! Is all of Boston racists and bigots too? Well off to your next Klan meeting you go than!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : Not only are a hypocryte, but you are also a bigot! Is all of Boston racists and bigots too? Well off to your next Klan meeting you go than!
    Posted by scooter2k10

Waahh Wahh Wah.  Don't you have your own board you can start whining on?  Why don't you take a page out of Burrows book and BITE your tongue before you start talking about Boston not being a hockey town.  You're obviously completely ignorant and have never played hockey in the Boston area.  I've played hockey in the Boston area since I was 5 years old and it has some of the most reputable youth and college hockey programs in the USA.  Every family in this area has a hockey tie in some way whether they play themselves, their kid plays, their parents played, etc.  Go back to your high horse and make snooty remarks somewhere else.  We'll see what you have to say after Game 4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Scooter is funny. I like him. he's cute in a short bus kind of way. Denial and grasping at straws as a bandaid to hide the fear and embarrassment of his beloved Canucks getting spanked. Priceless!

BTW I wonder how if feels to be a fan in a one sport town? It must pain the heart to know that the Grizz jumped ship to Memphis of all places leaving you to root for a team with a slur for a name. Sad.

Keep posting there scooter. Your first five posts have been a hoot. I'm loving the fact that you are embarrassing a whole city and fanbase with your "I'm taking my ball and going home" rant of denial!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : Not only are a hypocryte, but you are also a bigot! Is all of Boston racists and bigots too? Well off to your next Klan meeting you go than!
    Posted by scooter2k10

Could anyone here diagram these sentences for me?  I have no idea what this guy is trying to say.

Apparently Vancouver's school system is almost as big an embarassment as their hockey franchise. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : I coulds not agree more. I am Canadian and I am totally embarassed that the tesm "Canada's Team" is being foisted on us by the CBC and so on. They lit the f'n Olympic flame on their behalf which I find outrageous! Their arrogance and sense of entitlement is beyond comprehension. What happede to win graciously and loose with dignity. They have neither of these qualities either individually or collectively as a team.
    Posted by scotland19

Precisely.  The Canucks certainly have talent.  But when they choose to perform the way they do, they need to live with the disgrace-win or lose.

Off topic, do you have roots in Scotland?  My wife and I are visiting soon,
    and we are really looking forward to it.

On the down side, if this series goes more than 5 games, I'll miss games 6 and 7Cry after waiting for a cup since '72.  Ah well, I'll be with them in spirit.

Go Bruins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I was greateful last night that at least the broadcasters and analysts are picking up on what a disgrace this team has been, in this series.  Emmerick closed the game by poitning it out.  Virtually every analyst I saw mentioned it.  While the Vancouver coach was defending his players antics, the Boston coach was ripping his guys for retaliating in any way.  The difference is glaring, and it is finally catching up with the Canucks. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter2k10. Show scooter2k10's posts

At this point you can only wait until Game 4. So keep talking and keep attacking me personally. It is you who is making your city look bad. Let's face it, if I still had to live in the shadow of New York City, I guess I would be mean-spirited too.

And before you go attacking the Vancouver school system you should know that I am not from Vancouver. I am actually from Boston and a product of the Boston Public Schools system. Of course I have left the dump of Boston and fulfilled every Bostonians dream of becoming a New Yorker!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

They are indeed COWARDS. They can dish it out but CAN'T take it. Bruins WILL win the cup. Never mind all those idiots. Most are SCABS fans with sour grapes. BRUINS WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsmontrealer. Show habsmontrealer's posts

1. Burrows--a finger biter
    2. Lapierre--a finger biter taunter
    3. Hansen--a guy who slashes Krejci in the back of the legs (nice job being on top of that one, refs), and then celebrates like he's scored in OT a meaningless goal near the end of a game his team is trailing by 5 goals.
    4. Rome--a sickening dirty blindside illegal interference hit that probably cost the Bruins their second-leading point getter for the rest of the series.
    5. Torres--a notorious cheap, dirty player continuing his hack ways in this series.

From Montreal I would say to you, Bruins Fans... CALL 911!!!  Or ask Doctor Recchi!!!  Remember Pacioretty Bruiners?!?!?!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

1. Burrows--a finger biter 2. Lapierre--a finger biter taunter 3. Hansen--a guy who slashes Krejci in the back of the legs (nice job being on top of that one, refs), and then celebrates like he's scored in OT a meaningless goal near the end of a game his team is trailing by 5 goals. 4. Rome--a sickening dirty blindside illegal interference hit that probably cost the Bruins their second-leading point getter for the rest of the series. 5. Torres--a notorious cheap, dirty player continuing his hack ways in this series. From Montreal I would say to you, Bruins Fans... CALL 911!!!  Or ask Doctor Recchi!!!  Remember Pacioretty Bruiners?!?!?!
    Posted by habsmontrealer

We don't do that garbage in Boston, because we are not a bunch of whiney little girls like Montreal fans.  Injuries are a part of the game.  No one calls 911 for sports issues here.

On the other hand, I assume you and your fellow crybaby fans are having a protest against Rome and the NHL??  Right??  Be consistent.

PS.  How's life without hockey up there?  It's been a month since the Habs were eliminated, right?  Who knocked them out again?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Let's face it Boston, you got lucky last night. Don't kid yourself, the Canucks are the superior team. The only reason of why the Bruins are in the Finals is because Crosby went down. The Bruins do not get past a healthy Penguins team. And it's not just Vancouver: Boston would've lost to San Jose, Nashville, or Detroit. Canucks will take care of business in Game 4, win the cup in Game 5, and distinguish this grandiose idea that Boston is a "hockey town"! The audacity of Bob Ryan to call Boston a "hockey town" just shows his lack of knowlegdge of the sport. Boston, you are not a hockey town. The only American hockey town is Detroit. Accomplish what Detroit has accomplished in the past 20 years and then maybe you can call yourselves a "hockey town". Even Chicago and Pittsburgh are not on Detroit's level. Only Toronto, Montreal, and Detroit can call themselves "hockey towns". I wouldn't even put Vancouver on Detroit's level, yet. Just because Boston is an Original 6 team does mean anything. Fact is you only have 5 cups and 10 years ago you held a parade in Boston for the Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche! Do think Detroit, Montreal, or Toronto would hold a parade for another team? Hell no! Boston did, and that makes you a hockey town! What a joke! GO CANUCKS!!!
    Posted by scooter2k10

If Boston winning by 7 goals was "lucky", then maybe the team should go in on some lotto tickets together. The luckiest team in NHL history should be able to win a simple lottery shouldn't they?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : Yes, thank you. I am simply pointing out the double standards of Boston fans. They whine about when something happens to them, but yet they do it too! I would include some Bruins history, but that is really a history of losing. In the Boston sports world, the Bruins are behind the Sox, Celtics, Pats, and Boston College. Boston is only pretending to like hockey!
    Posted by scooter2k10

They're not pretending to drive their kids to the rink at 6 a.m. They are doing it. A lot of people play hockey here. I write this because you obviously don't know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky10. Show eyeinthesky10's posts

Scooter sucks. 

Vancouver should be kicking themselves for the change in momentum last night.  They bite the bruins cleanest player, and hide behind the refs...literally watch the bite, Burrows is hiding. They mock the player and smile since they know the bruins can't challenge them at that particular point in the game.  they laugh their way into Boston and gloat in their "nobody can touch us" attitude.  Throw a late, dirty interference on a star player, targeted the head, resulted in a serious injury and takes him out of the series.  

Well, the NHL allowed that to happen, they let the bite go unpunished, allow taunting, and then vancouver goes to far with the horton hit.  Bruins take matters into their own hands, wear down the nucks, beat them up, score on them, made their goalie wish he was sick, AND BACK DOWN EVERY ONE OF THEIR PLAYERS!

Burrows was challenged, roughed up and pussed out, Kesler was agitated, Sedin taken out by Thomas, Sedin pretends to intimidate a much smaller ference to which he replies right in sedins face "TRY B*tch TRY" Every Canuck backed down last night, what punks.  Bieksa the only nuck I respect.  

The facts are the facts, The Bruins outworked them in every area of the game last night, mindf*cked them hardcore.  

If the Bruins can carry that over, wear them down again and pounce at the end of the game when they are tired then we can look forward to more games like this.  

Can't believe any canuck fan can call Boston dirty when we have shown the class of not being dirty until pushed so far to the edge, Canucks are beggin with their pants down now!  Bruins did it with straight up toughness, outclassed them last night.

Last thing, That was the best game I've ever seen aside from the Horton injury and I've been watching for years.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Scooter posts like Torres, Burrows, Rome, Lapierre and Oreskovic play hockey - like punks.

Punks with no courage.

Punks who stop or run when it's time to go mano-a-mano.

You reason the same way, too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Let's face it Boston, you got lucky last night. Don't kid yourself, the Canucks are the superior team. The only reason of why the Bruins are in the Finals is because Crosby went down. The Bruins do not get past a healthy Penguins team. And it's not just Vancouver: Boston would've lost to San Jose, Nashville, or Detroit. Canucks will take care of business in Game 4, win the cup in Game 5, and distinguish this grandiose idea that Boston is a "hockey town"! The audacity of Bob Ryan to call Boston a "hockey town" just shows his lack of knowlegdge of the sport. Boston, you are not a hockey town. The only American hockey town is Detroit. Accomplish what Detroit has accomplished in the past 20 years and then maybe you can call yourselves a "hockey town". Even Chicago and Pittsburgh are not on Detroit's level. Only Toronto, Montreal, and Detroit can call themselves "hockey towns". I wouldn't even put Vancouver on Detroit's level, yet. Just because Boston is an Original 6 team does mean anything. Fact is you only have 5 cups and 10 years ago you held a parade in Boston for the Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche! Do think Detroit, Montreal, or Toronto would hold a parade for another team? Hell no! Boston did, and that makes you a hockey town! What a joke! GO CANUCKS!!!
    Posted by scooter2k10

Canucks eat dogshit. Go Bruins. Hope Horton is okay next year. Beat the livingcrap out of the Canucks. Send them home bloodied and toothless. Canuckssuckhorseshit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : Yes, thank you. I am simply pointing out the double standards of Boston fans. They whine about when something happens to them, but yet they do it too! I would include some Bruins history, but that is really a history of losing. In the Boston sports world, the Bruins are behind the Sox, Celtics, Pats, and Boston College. Boston is only pretending to like hockey!
    Posted by scooter2k10

Your team is full of pansies there bud! They're a disgrace to my country the way they play the game! GET OFF this site if you don't wanna take the insults you piece of kief! This is a Boston Bruin forum for BOSTON BRUIN FANS! You think you can come on here & run your piece of kief mouth & get away with it! Well.....I guess that's not surprising; but remember there's no refs here to jump in & protect you!!! NOW kiss off!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter2k10. Show scooter2k10's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : Your team is full of pansies there bud! They're a disgrace to my country the way they play the game! GET OFF this site if you don't wanna take the insults you piece of kief! This is a Boston Bruin forum for BOSTON BRUIN FANS! You think you can come on here & run your piece of kief mouth & get away with it! Well.....I guess that's not surprising; but remember there's no refs here to jump in & protect you!!! NOW kiss off!!
    Posted by nitemare-38

I have been taking the insults you moron! Do you see me cowering away? Just because I am a Canucks fan does not mean I am a Canadian! Your country should be rooting like hell for Vancouver! Vancouver is only Canadian team that is going to bring home where it belongs! Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and Winnipeg will not get the job done!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

After sifting through a lot of these I go back to my comments prior to this series.  Van is gonna be our most hated team and they have at least 10 guys that fall into the rat category. 
    Here is a very objective view of the Horton hit.
    Extremely Late! Almost looked like Scott Stevens.  I don't think Rome is a dirty player.  But that hit is exactly what needs to be taken out.  I hate seeing a young hockey player like Horton in that position.  I would say the same thing if that were a Kesler laying there.  Its just bad for hockey on the biggest stage of them all.

Did you guys expect different from Burrows and especially Lapierre. I didn't.  There is a reason Lapierre can't stick with a team.  He isnt a bad hockey player but I would be embarassed having him wear a Bruin uniform. 

Onto my boy Torres.  Yes he has had some questionable hits.  I still don't think the Eberle hit was a suspendable infraction since the player moved/leaned fwd.  And I would agree he crosses the line at times.  And even though this has been a back and forth on him he has played a very good, hard and clean series to date.  

It's hard to believe a team that is so good can have so many league wide idiots.  

I just hope Horton is ok.  We have been lucky with injuries.  I hope this is the only speed bump.  I hope those Bruins fans who are lucky enough scream their collective heads off at game 4.  I know I will be yelling from my sofa.
    Great win.  But terrible result.  Definitely a double edged sword today.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : I have been taking the insults you moron! Do you see me cowering away? Just because I am a Canucks fan does not mean I am a Canadian! Your country should be rooting like hell for Vancouver! Vancouver is only Canadian team that is going to bring home where it belongs! Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and Winnipeg will not get the job done!
    Posted by scooter2k10

I can't believe Vancouver doesn't have a more popular soccer team.  You Canuck fans would just love all of the diving, flailing, faking of injuries, crying to the refs, etc.  Really, I think that sport is more your speed. 

If you want to try hockey some time though, come to Boston.  We have a team that acts like men and plays hard and isn't consumed with drawing penalties and faking injuries.  Hockey is a great sport when it is played that way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: The Canucks Are Cowards : I have been taking the insults you moron! Do you see me cowering away? Just because I am a Canucks fan does not mean I am a Canadian! Your country should be rooting like hell for Vancouver! Vancouver is only Canadian team that is going to bring home where it belongs! Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and Winnipeg will not get the job done!
    Posted by scooter2k10

Would you like some salad to go with that large dish of Crow you are about to eat when the Canucks get beaten at the hands of the Bruins (even without their 2nd leading scorer!)? It's gonna hurt for a loooooooooong time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

@Hanged Man
    Yup, born there. We still own a home there.
    My son played international Field Lacrosse for Scotland. He wore # 19 for them and also during his universityh lax career.

Sections
Shortcuts