The Canucks are finished thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Canucks are finished thread

As per 49th's request ;)

This could be an annopying/joyous time to be living in Vancouver. A lot of the fans have completely given up and are looking five years down the line already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: The Canucks are finished thread

thanks Red. The worst part of the Canucks now? They just resigned the twins for 3 years and they haven't scored since then. and they can't score goals with them. Brutal days ahead for Vancity. Now they have a reason to riot!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As per 49th's request ;)

This could be an annopying/joyous time to be living in Vancouver. A lot of the fans have completely given up and are looking five years down the line already.

[/QUOTE]

True, true.

Management has definitely thrown in the towel. Will they shop the twins in the off-season? I think so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As per 49th's request ;)

[/QUOTE]

True, true.

Management has definitely thrown in the towel. Will they shop the twins in the off-season? I think so.

[/QUOTE]

You really think they would trade them after just signing both to an extension? Plus they would have to make a mega deal ($) since the twins will only play on the same team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Som,e pretty entertaining hate going in Gillis' direction.

http://www.news1130.com/2014/03/05/canucks-fans-bashing-gm-mike-gillis-online/

“Lu, when you win the Cup in Florida, please come back to Vancouver and shove it up Gillis’ a**,”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/3/4/reminiscing-about-all-of-the-good-times-we-shared

Yes lets reminisce LoL

https://www.youtube.com/user/MAKAVELI719696?feature=watch

No more cocky MAKAVELI running around bashing the Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Curious -- does anyone have a link to the video of the first SC game between Canucks and Bruins where I think it was Daniel Sedin did an interview and was putting down the Bruins, as if the B's had no chance?

--- It might not have been a put-down, but it may have been a kind of chuckle type thing...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

time to hear from 49North. Anything...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Priceless. I'll assume that is from 2011.... LMAO!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I remember the Vancouver fans saying, the best team did not win the cup in 2011.

If you look at what the two teams have accomplished since then, I think the Bruins have proven, that the best team, did indeed, win the Cup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lots of missteps in Vancouver recently. Burrows yet to score this year. Can't see Gillis still ont he job come draft day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yeah, They are going down in Flames (or should I say like the Flames?).

Torts is such a bad fit for that team.

Gillis is (finally) toast and he knows it. I agree he did Bobby Lu a good on you for trading him out of that circus.

Let the Eddie Lack era begin.

Burrows with zero goals...life is good.

Now they just need to trade Kessler and the road to the lottery will be paved.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gillis is (finally) toast and he knows it. I agree he did Bobby Lu a good on you for trading him out of that circus.

[/QUOTE]

The whole thing about Gillis being a good guy goes as far as him telling Reboundo's agent to look for a deal.Even too lazy to work out the deal himself.He deserves to be toast.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The whole thing about Gillis being a good guy goes as far as him telling Reboundo's agent to look for a deal.Even too lazy to work out the deal himself.He deserves to be toast.

[/QUOTE]

He's as good as gone at the end of the year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Looks like this team has quit. Segin lights them up for a hat-trick. How low can they fall? 4 points behind 8th with only 18 games left. Stick a fork in them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ive never seen a team completely flat line like the canucks after the cup.   Think about it.  The canucks were a powerhouse.  2 very good goalies.  Pretty solid def.  Lots of scoring.   Two solid lines and good 3-4lines.  

Today.  No goalie, avg defense that is always hurt, guys not wanting to be there, aging over priced gazoo twins, no secondary scoring, no 3-4th lines.   

What a mess.  Im not sure how you tear that down.  I definitely dont see how you can save it unless they clean house and try to build with the gazoos there.   Trading kelser edler bieksa is thne starting point.   They could sign hillier in off season.   

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Would love to eavesdrop on a Canucks players conversation on the state of things out there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know canucks went to finals but never thought much of them. I also think luongo well hes not that great. Too many holes in his game.  Not a very sound goali

[/QUOTE]

You will be hard pressed to find better numbers over the last 10 yrs +.   The canucks were dominant.  They just couldnt find a way to win.   Chicago figured them out and built the blueprint that Boston used.   I always hated them but they had a cup cal. team.   Once boston throttled them they tried to be the bruins by adding meatheads.  they are a mess.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would love to eavesdrop on a Canucks players conversation on the state of things out there.

[/QUOTE]

Oh man it would be priceless.  Kesler wants out...edler was nearly dealt.  Torts is crazy...no goalie...oh man it would be good reality tv.   

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know canucks went to finals but never thought much of them. I also think luongo well hes not that great. Too many holes in his game.  Not a very sound goali

[/QUOTE]

You will be hard pressed to find better numbers over the last 10 yrs +.   The canucks were dominant.  They just couldnt find a way to win.   Chicago figured them out and built the blueprint that Boston used.   I always hated them but they had a cup cal. team.   Once boston throttled them they tried to be the bruins by adding meatheads.  they are a mess.  

[/QUOTE]

I know they were dominant reg season team.I never felt they had whst it takes to win.  The year vs bruins 

I felt bruins would take it in 4 or 5.  It went 7 but we outcored them terribly.  Bruins don't do it the easy way still don't know how it went 7 .

[/QUOTE]

The only time we lead that series is when we had the cup.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't expect them to re-build, I don't think they can. if they trade Kesler, they can get good return for him. Most of the Luongo contract is off the books. I think they'll be busy on draft day and if they do it right, they'll be better next year. Not a bad class of free-agents this summer to work with.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't expect them to re-build, I don't think they can. if they trade Kesler, they can get good return for him. Most of the Luongo contract is off the books. I think they'll be busy on draft day and if they do it right, they'll be better next year. Not a bad class of free-agents this summer to work with.

[/QUOTE]

I dont think the sedins can carry this team like they did.   Still very dynamic but they need major help.  They have some young dmen.  

UFA goalies are pretty solid.  Hillier would be a good target.  

UFA defense not as great.   Matt Greene, gritty leader.  Deal edler for cap space.  

UFA fwd.  assuming kelser is dealt they need a 2nd line center.  Legwand would be good.  Maybe take a run at Callahan.  some griity role guys as well. Ott would fit in.  

They need major help.