The Chara Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: The Chara Question

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Boychuk is going to get Girardi money. He will not get that in Boston, might as well get something for him.

I hate the idea of losing Johnny B "the rocket launcher" but you are right he will price himself out of Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Didn't we all expect Seidenberg to price himself out of Boston?

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Did we? I'm not so sure of that Book, of course, I could just be failing to remember it. I think we all knew Ference wasn't returning, but I don't recall people saying it about Seidenberg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think the German Tank was just happy to finally find a team that loved him and wanted to keep him,security,in a word. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seidenberg's hit was $3.25M before his new deal.  He was coming up on UFA.  The parallel with Boychuk is almost perfect, and short of digging around for the threads, I recall a number of people suggesting that he'd be worth $5M on the open market.  Seidenberg's 2 years older and, while you might not say he's better defensively (though you might...), he also has better offensive numbers than Boychuk.

In other words, if we didn't have those conversations, let's go back to the water we were drinking then and refill the water bottles, because I'm pretty sure we're jumping the gun on Boychuk's 50% pay raise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Seidenberg's hit was $3.25M before his new deal.  He was coming up on UFA.  The parallel with Boychuk is almost perfect, and short of digging around for the threads, I recall a number of people suggesting that he'd be worth $5M on the open market.  Seidenberg's 2 years older and, while you might not say he's better defensively (though you might...), he also has better offensive numbers than Boychuk.

In other words, if we didn't have those conversations, let's go back to the water we were drinking then and refill the water bottles, because I'm pretty sure we're jumping the gun on Boychuk's 50% pay raise.

I'm not sure if we are jumping the gun, I think he gets Girardi money, especially with the cap going up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

First off, I think everyone can agree that seidenberg is way better defensively. The cap going up is the big thing. I also think seidenberg could have gotten more on the open market.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Is the market the same ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Kudos to all for an actual conversation. I know the original premise was a tough one, but nice to know opinions can actually be shared without the nonsense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'm surprised at all the Boychuk love here.  I could be wrong, but I seem to recall a lot of posters thinking PC overpaid him last contract at 3.3M.  Now people are thinking he'll be making too much money to play here.  I like Boychuk and hope he remains a Bruin, but I don't think he'll get too much of a raise that the Bruins can't afford him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I remember the uproar over Ference's last contract which was a steal.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I remember the uproar over Ference's last contract which was a steal.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

I was uproared bc he was always hurt.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I'm surprised at all the Boychuk love here.  I could be wrong, but I seem to recall a lot of posters thinking PC overpaid him last contract at 3.3M.  Now people are thinking he'll be making too much money to play here.  I like Boychuk and hope he remains a Bruin, but I don't think he'll get too much of a raise that the Bruins can't afford him.

Boychuk is mobile, physical, experienced, rocket shot and right handed.  He would get a good chunk of change on the open market

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

As has been mentioned,the Oilers will overpay for a d-man like Johnny the minute he becomes a free agent,if Johnny come's marching home again,hoorah,hoorah, is another question

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

As has been mentioned,the Oilers will overpay for a d-man like Johnny the minute he becomes a free agent,if Johnny come's marching home again,hoorah,hoorah, is another question

Yep $5million plus. Too rich to be a 3-4 Dman in Boston....

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts