The Chris Kelly trade was a waste

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

The Chris Kelly trade was a waste

Seriously what was the reason for obtaining Kelly? The guy while a solid defensive minded player has done little offensively. Our team was full of Kelly's before we got him.

It was a nothing move and to give up a 2nd round pick was dumb

We missed out on getting Kovalev (7th round pick is all it took), Higgins (nothing really to get him), Frolik , Versteeg (has 40 points now) 

We needed to add more skill and not grind on our team. 

disappointing lose tonight 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: The Chris Kelly trade was a waste

Believe me, you don't want Kovalev.  As for Versteeg, he would have been the perfect guy for the B's.  Someone you can insert pretty much anywhere in the lineup, who can play both the PP and PK, and who can score.  Kelly is nothing more than a 4th liner, an overpaid one at that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I don't think the Bruins got him for offensive skill.. They wanted a guy who can be counted on for defensive responsibilities, pk expertise, and chip in with a goal here and there.. So far no problem with his overall game, and he has not hurt the team whatsoever.... He has provided overall team speed to the third line and is an effective checker....

Peverly on the other hand..should be scoring more.. he was brought in to supply offense, and right now just not getting it done.. I like the move of moving him up to play with Bergeron, maybe that will get him started.. tonite would have been nice had he buried it at the end instead of hitting the post..but them's the breaks..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

I believe Peverly was brought in to add more speed. He is not a goal scorer and doubt that he could ever be one with Boston's system and his skill set. They didn't really address their problem of lack of finishing. Horton was supposed to score the goals; big disappointment there (so far).

I agree with Yaz but I'll go even farther: I don't really see how much the Kaberle trade has helped them. They still lack finish and aggressiveness on the attack and the PP still is one-dimensional.

During the 7 game winning streak these things gnawed at me but I ignored them because they were winning but now they are sticking out a bit more with three straight losses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Peverly's been good and his goals will come.  Kelly does a good job on the PK, faceoffs, and has speed.  The team has taken 16 of 20 points.  The sky is falling.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

yaz,

I would have taken Kovalev over Peverly but we needed a 3rd line center.  Versteeg has been brutal with Philly SO FAR.  Kelly play isnt measured on the stat sheet.  In recent games especially against the Canucks we blocked two key shots and also won two huge faceoffs.  That to you may mean nothing.  But in a 2-1 playoff game in the last minute in our end I want him on the ice everytime. 
    If Kelly doesnt make a mark in the playoffs I would be shocked.  Again, he may not score every night, but its the little things that you obviously dont see. 

We needed a 3rd line center and he was a perfect fit.
    Peverly has great wheels and hands and I believe he will pick it up as well.  I would have liked Kovalev over him but the deal didnt go down that way.  Kovalev with Bergie and Marchand would have been fun to watch and I know many hate Kovalev but no Bruin has the ability to dominate a game like he can.  I know it doesnt happen often.  But when it does the man has sick skills.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kelly is there to do what a defensive center is supposed to be and right now he's done just that. He's doing his job and wins many very important faceoffs.
    2nd round pick ? Beh, maybe seems like a lot now but too soon ,  let's wait for the playoffs.
    Anyway it'll be a late 2nd round pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I thouhgt Kelly played pretty good last night. At one point if he had just slid the puck to Recchi instead of wrapping it into Miller's pads it would have been an easy goal. Im sure Mark will work with him on stuff like this in practice they might actually click really well IMO> A superhard worker with good IQ and a slick skilled Vet witha  really high IQ.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chapter10. Show chapter10's posts

The Kelly pick up did a lot for this team moving forward beyond this year, he can play a pure shut down line role that can produce offense. Play against the leagues top scorers; and will be a second centreman on any line he plays on (which is especially important for a shut down unit). He is extremely aggressive and effective on the pentalty kill, and will continue to drive teams nuts with his speed on the forecheck. Although I was never a big fan of his while he was in Ottawa, while he was there they expected 2nd line production from him, and rarely put him in a position to succeed within his strengths. With the Bruins I think he will get the chance to play his game and show how effective a player he can be. If he scores 10-15 a season too, that is great in my eyes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcukhabs. Show fcukhabs's posts

just like i said in a post that everyone who doesnt know hockey said it was dumb BRAD Fcuking BOYES 2 time 40 goal man playing with nobody sabres got him for a 2nd rounder

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Kelly had his best game as a Bruin. He seems to have some chemistry with Recchi, while Ryder SZLyder is still lousy. He is light years ahead of Thornton, Paille, Ryder and even faster than Campbell, so a solid 3rd line addition. Now Claude needs to replace some of the 4th line, maybe only Thornton with Caron, and Ryder with Seguin/Arneil/Peverly ????? Not too happy with Kaberle's play last night, and Seidenberg continues to make obvious mistakes. Bartkowski doesn't show much, and is way behind Kamfer in skill and confidence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I think Kelly will be a good addition for you guys come playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

I thought he was he final piece of the Puzzle to clinch the Cup?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The Chris Kelly trade was a waste:[QUOTE]I don't think the Bruins got him for offensive skill.. They wanted a guy who can be counted on for defensive responsibilities, pk expertise, and chip in with a goal here and there.. So far no problem with his overall game, and he has not hurt the team whatsoever.... He has provided overall team speed to the third line and is an effective checker.... Peverly on the other hand..should be scoring more.. he was brought in to supply offense, and right now just not getting it done.. I like the move of moving him up to play with Bergeron, maybe that will get him started.. tonite would have been nice had he buried it at the end instead of hitting the post..but them's the breaks..Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

^This

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I agree, and I also think he should be on the 4th line...there is no reason whatsoever to have him playing on the 3rd line.

I do like Peverley though, and he's better off on Bergeron's line

Sections
Shortcuts