The defence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The defence

Been quiet for me lately on here but ill add this. The defence against the blues handled there selves pretty well considering Chara was absent, I didnt really see anything seriously wrong other than missed Charas big stick on the penalty kill. Now against ottawa i seen the likes of Miller handle his game like a pro should, Krug was very good defensivley,  and boychuk was up to the task as always. Warfosky impresses me more and more every game he plays and Hamilton stood tall. Now Bartowski in my opinion is the best defenceman the Bs have had considering his rookie season so far. I compare him to a combination of Bourque and orr, minus the offense but its not always about offense. His penalty kill he handles the pressure well and if the puck is on his stick its down the ice, he also rushes the puck out of the defensive zone better than any other D man does on this Bs team. I would be totally surprised if the Bs traded him unless its for s top 4 forward who will stay with the team for at least 3 years and i dont thing the Bs need that right now. I honestly think the Defense is fine the way it is, cup or no cup in 2014.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: The defence

Very impressed with our young depth at D... can they win a Cup without replacing Seides???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Very impressed with our young depth at D... can they win a Cup without replacing Seides???

I really dont know if they can but to me if keeping bartowski is a huge plus for next year and the rest are fitting well so far then i would say im up for a cup run next year. I dont like the thoughts of this team needing or dealing for a rental just for the sake of thinking it will bring them a cup this year. It didnt work last year bringing in Jagr but unless like i said, if theres a keeper to be had then so be it and go for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

playoffs are a different animal....  although Seids will be hard to replace, B'S still need to find some help.... and even moreso with McQuaid's uncertainty....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

can they win a Cup without replacing  Seides???

No

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Now Bartowski in my opinion is the best defenceman the Bs have had considering his rookie season so far. I compare him to a combination of Bourque and orr, minus the offense but its not always about offense. His penalty kill he handles the pressure well and if the puck is on his stick its down the ice, he also rushes the puck out of the defensive zone better than any other D man does on this Bs team. I would be totally surprised if the Bs traded him unless its for s top 4 forward who will stay with the team for at least 3 years and i dont thing the Bs need that right now. I honestly think the Defense is fine the way it is, cup or no cup in 2014.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I compare him to a combination of Bourque and orr, minus the offense but its not always about offense.

I hope you mean Rene Bourque and Colton Orr...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Been quiet for me lately on here but ill add this. The defence against the blues handled there selves pretty well considering Chara was absent, I didnt really see anything seriously wrong other than missed Charas big stick on the penalty kill. Now against ottawa i seen the likes of Miller handle his game like a pro should, Krug was very good defensivley,  and boychuk was up to the task as always. Warfosky impresses me more and more every game he plays and Hamilton stood tall. Now Bartowski in my opinion is the best defenceman the Bs have had considering his rookie season so far. I compare him to a combination of Bourque and orr, minus the offense but its not always about offense. His penalty kill he handles the pressure well and if the puck is on his stick its down the ice, he also rushes the puck out of the defensive zone better than any other D man does on this Bs team. I would be totally surprised if the Bs traded him unless its for s top 4 forward who will stay with the team for at least 3 years and i dont thing the Bs need that right now. I honestly think the Defense is fine the way it is, cup or no cup in 2014.

Lol!  Go crush another Coors Light.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

It's not just Seids, there's also Ference (from last season) who needs to be replaced, then there's McQuaid, who simply cannot stay in the lineup. Bartkowski is a serviceable d-man, but he (still) has a lot of flaws, and, other than being a d-man and wearing black&gold, he does not remind me of Ray Bourque and/or Bobby Orr.

They need another top four veteran d-man, and IMHO they should not go after Marc Stuart who will only give them a little more depth. They can win the cup this year, but most likely not without making a few changes to the roster (and I would trade Eriksson, but that's another issue...)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

can they win a Cup without replacing  Seides???

No

No ference, no seidz older chara means no long run unless they add someone who can significantly upgrade our back end.  The only 2 i have complete trust in are boychuk and Chara.  Hamilton didnt play last year bc he lost his confidence, krug is a nice player and showed he can play as did bart, mcQ has turned into one injury after another and i viewed him as nothing better then a 5-6 pairing anyway.   If we have krug with mcQ as our 5-6 im happy with that.  Our top 4 needs a major impact player who can log major minutes and play all situations.  Man i wish we would have tried for gleason.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

It can't be overstated how much Ference, Seid and Mcquaid continually brought the physical aspect in their own end. That just wore people down, especially along the wall. I am concerened about how that element needs to be addressed. Dennis Seidenberg is one of the strongest men in the NHL, who would just go about his business while flying under the radar - his impact in the post season was huge.You can live with Krug - not sure you can have Hamilton and Krug out there and expect the results to be the same. Add Bartkowski to the mix ,and all of a sudden, it's night and day. They could def use some help, but he needs to be a banger. I wouldn't mind seeing Stuart come back.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

It can't be overstated how much Ference, Seid and Mcquaid continually brought the physical aspect in their own end. That just wore people down, especially along the wall. I am concerened about how that element needs to be addressed. Dennis Seidenberg is one of the strongest men in the NHL, who would just go about his business while flying under the radar - his impact in the post season was huge.You can live with Krug - not sure you can have Hamilton and Krug out there and expect the results to be the same. Add Bartkowski to the mix ,and all of a sudden, it's night and day. They could def use some help, but he needs to be a banger. I wouldn't mind seeing Stuart come back.

I agree but i dont think stuart is a top 4 on a cup contender.  im pretty sure with all the Girardi, Daley, Buff rumors they will be in on all top 4 guys.   Girardi would be a fantastic fit.  I want Daley the most bc hes a top end guy and can skate.  Should be interesting to see who they land. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If you had to move a young gun like Krug to land Girardi, would you do it? Would PC do it?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

A few beers i did have lol and willing to share as i do my thoughts. I think Bartowski is the real deal, he can rush the puck out of the zone more than anyone else on this team, he doesnt panick on the PK always finds an opening to shoot it down. Grant it he makes mistakes but no more than the others.Yesterdays game the 5 D men minus boychuk have less than 2 years nhl experience total so saying that and considering how the Bs are playing this D is doing a fine job, can it carry over to the playoffs, no one really knows and my point still is, if they go after an experenced D man trading bartowski is a huge mistake. I hate the rumours.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

If you had to move a young gun like Krug to land Girardi, would you do it? Would PC do it?

Rangers would not do it

Rangers would that in a heartbeat. I'm not saying Krug is better right now but if there is any substance to the Girardi/Callahan rumors, Sather would be lucky to get Krug in a deal for Girardi.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Anyway, you see, this was a decent conversation with many different points of view. 

Then you show up and start making comments about people instead of the subject.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Think they need help on the left-side.  Seems like they can get away with Hamilton playing in the top-4, don't think you can get away with Bartkowski/Krug & Hamilton in the top-4.

The cupboard is full of solid bottom-pair guys; McQuaid, Miller, Bartkowski & Krug (maybe Hamilton too).  Think they need another top-4 guy to take meaningful minutes and sure things up.

Will be interesting to see what PC does to address the group, but wouldn't be surprised to see Bartkowski, Miller or McQuaid go in a deal (dreaded package) to bring back a top-4 guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

We heard similar stuff with phaneuf.  If sather trades girardi he'll get a package where the key player has more value then krug. This trade will not happen 

[/QUOTE]

Really ?

How about the the value of Krug to the Bruins ?

A leading contender for the Calder trophy and one of the reason's for the improvement in the Bruins PP. He also brings an element of offense from the back end. Something needed to help out any offence. He is 5th in the NHL in goal scoring among defencemen.

Although I have always been a big fan of Dan Girardi's play I wouldn't want PC to trade away Krug for him straight up let alone what you are suggesting what Sather will get.

I'm hoping come playoff time that Krug will add to the successsful contributions he has added to the team as he has done since his debut in last year's playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Read an interview with PC where he says he would like to get some defensive help before the deadline but doesn't want to trade anybody from the current roster.That tells me to expect a Zanon,Mottau type,unfortunately.Unless there is someone on the farm that another team is interested in and they are willing to part with a Stuart,Daley type player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

but wouldn't be surprised to see Bartkowski, Miller or McQuaid go in a deal (dreaded package)

[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking salary might come into play with the decision if this happens.

McQuaid makes more then the other two combined.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I couldn't part with McQuaid or Miller's toughness. Just gotta have that during the playoff grind. As far as the offensive minded defenseman, Boston has that with Hamilton, Krug and Chara. So to me that makes Bartkowski the odd man out. So many teams teetering around the number 8 and 9 playoff spot need a defenseman that can get the puck up the ice and move the puck around through the neutral zone.

Not a bad problem to have. I'm just not ready to see PC part with McQuaid's attitude and toughness just yet.

Sections
Shortcuts