the Defense question!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

the Defense question!!!

With Kampfer a) playing quite well, and b) maybe the only fleet-footed, offence-driven Defenseman we have....what happens when Stuart is healthy??
    Do we sit Mcquaid.....sit Kampfer.......sit someone else?.....thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: the Defense question!!!

My bet is that Stuart is dealt or McQuaid sits. Or McQuaid sits for a bit until Stuart is dealt. I like Stuart a lot, though, so I hope he stays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Tough call, stuart is an asset and kampfer is playing too well to sit or be sent down. I think its Mcquaid who gets dealt or sits, That seventh Dman is a must, after these seven theres not much available.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think you have to keep Kampfer in there.  I really like his game and how he addresses this team's biggest shortfall.  Lonewolf is big and tough but he makes a lot of mistakes too.  Stuart is much better.  I think you sit Wolf, but there is no need to deal anyone.  You need at least 7 d for a playoff run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

McQuaid sits when Stuart comes back and Stuart get's dealt at the trade deadline along with prospect/pick for #2 D-man (rental). Would also mean they have to clear other cap space but Chia will figure it out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Isn't it about time the Bruins decided to add more speed to their defense?? Claude is allready saying no no no. The core is Chara, and , and , and ??? Ok Seids can be ok, even better when paired with Kamfer; then we have Ference who has had one of his better years with the B's; then Stuart, Boychyck and McQuaid. Boychuck is not as good as projected since his constant wrap arounds give up the puck, so trade him or package him in a trade. Still not much finesse or speed and Stuart will probably bring the most in a trade, and McQuaid is improving and not making too many mistakes. Well, if we are just going to play dump and chase, just get rid of Boychuck and call up Bartkowski if needed. Maybe next year Bartkowski and Cohen will be ready, but we'll need someone other than Claude to coach speed and finesse. Is "Rammer" available???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Stuart was the team's best defensive dman when he got hurt. I see him seemlessly returning to a regular spot, and probably see McQuaid be the odd man out. But knowing how injuries go, McQuaid will be there anyway with the next injury to Ference, or to Boychuk, or anyone of them. Ference was playing better recently, but then I saw him slipping again v. Pittsburgh and Montreal. I have never had a problem healthy-scratching Andrew if the situation is 7 guys for 6 spots. Hnidy was terrific as a 7th defenseman, who played adequately enough when he was playing, but sat probably justifiably when it became 7 guys for 6 spots. It's a luxury to not be forced into putting a lousy defenseman into the six-man rotation. Kampfer has earned a regular starting spot. He is basically replacing Hunwick, but maybe is better than Matt overall offensively.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: the Defense question!!!:
    [QUOTE]the only reason why kampfer would get sent down is that he is the only d man with a 2 way contract
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Mcquaid is contract is 2 way this season then one way next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

Bridgeman...keep in mind....if we got a "rental" #2 Defenceman at the trade deadline, as you suggest...his salary would be pro-rated...would cost next to nothing. Not sure I'd like to part with Stuart however, for a short term rental. I think those who say keep 7 make a lot of sense....there will be injuries. Although, I wouldn't mind trying to acquire a short term rental D by giving up a draft pick...and as I said, salary should not be a major issue