The Deterrent!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nullify. Show nullify's posts

Re: The Deterrent!!!

In Response to Re: The Deterrent!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Deterrent!!! : He's made a career of hiding behind the instigator rule.  I remember when Wendel Clark was asked what he thought of the hit, the Bruins' lack of response at the time and how he'd handle the situation.  To paraphrase he said when he broke in if there was something similar delivered players had two options: immediately fight the guy or point to a Malkin, Crosby or as he said a Hawerchcuk and say "He's next."  Different times.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Question for you RichHill, I was watching oil change this afternoon and Peckham said he had a gun pulled on him in high school, is Richmond Hill that bad an area?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Deterrent!!! : That would have been in the final five minutes of the game.  He's not going to risk suspension.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he should "risk" suspension? I don't care if it's the final 5 minutes or not.

Brendan Shanahan is a fraud if he suspends a player for answering the bell on a dirty hit, whether it's in the first or last 5 minutes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Deterrent!!! : Or maybe he should "risk" suspension? I don't care if it's the final 5 minutes or not. Brendan Shanahan is a fraud if he suspends a player for answering the bell on a dirty hit, whether it's in the first or last 5 minutes.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Feel free to review the rulebook on this and return to revise this stupid statement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Deterrent!!! : Question for you RichHill, I was watching oil change this afternoon and Peckham said he had a gun pulled on him in high school, is Richmond Hill that bad an area?
    Posted by nullify[/QUOTE]

nullify - There's not one area of the greater GTA where this could not happen.  Regadless of socio/economic status.  Could be right in the downtown core or swank areas like Forest Hill, Bridal Path, Yorkville or the multi-million dollar dwellings on Post Road, home to Gordon Lightfoot, Anne Murray and former Sundin residence, I was told.  Could happen anywhere.  I'm not shocked it happened to Peckham here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Deterrent!!! : Or maybe he should "risk" suspension?
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

That's not going to happen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think any of the other 4 players on the ice should have gone after Malkin.  Thornton breaks "the code" if he goes after a star player.  Anyone else though, should have done it.

I can't picture Rosehill, Prust, Rinaldo or Barch going after Krecji for the same offense.  The lesser weights should handle it. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nullify. Show nullify's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Deterrent!!! : It was a clean hit by Bruin standards and since when has a Bruin got suspended for starting a fight? (or gang swarm). Remember, the B's got the immunity ticket, aka Gregory Campbell.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

And what happened to Colin Campbell?
    Not enough calls against the Bruins, so Campbell fired.

1 + 1 = 2 in my book.

Keep it up you FAKE.

And I've reported you for stealing my screen name.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... is this the same thread that was started years ago? i feel like i've heard this all before?  oh well, there's got to be a dead horse here somewhere...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

These Thornton threads are becoming tiresome. Malkin won't fight Thornton. Thornton should try to make him fight him and get a powerplay-nullifying penalty doing so. He shouldn't pick a fight in the last five minutes and get a suspension, further depleting a ridiculously depleted lineup. And no one is suggesting that having a tough guy in your lineup prevents all dirty plays. That's just silly. Many dirty plays, especially boarding hits, are split-second decisions that the perpetrator really didn't think through.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

God, I am tired of one poster's very public fixation with Shawn Thornton.

But, ahem, he happens to be right this time.

The hit wasn't that bad.  Boychuk turned a little.  No suspension there.  But, if Thornton doesn't respond to stuff like that, when he's on the ice, in a game where the Bruins needed something to happen, why is he playing at all? 

Our powerplay never makes anybody pay for taking dumb penalties.  Might as well make them pay in some other way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]God, I am tired of one poster's very public fixation with Shawn Thornton.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I understand, but at least the threads are now event specific, and not just centered around every staged fight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Wasn't the bench pretty depleted already? Does having another body out leaving you with 6 forwards on the bench even really make sense? I was expecting a major and if the right call was made and thorny took an instigator negating part of it nas would still complain. Just another chance to take a shot at the guy by a poster who hates him imo.