The difference between mediocre and great

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

The difference between mediocre and great

Even though Boston has a lot of depth they do not have that offensive star who could get the big play goal once in a while.  

Bergeron, Horton, Lucic, Krejci, Savard, etc are all players who score by committee but never see them get the big goals on their own like many of the elite players do.  This starting to worry me especially when they play a good defensive team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Re: The difference between mediocre and great

No effort.  The 3rd period was a different team, with shots left and right.  No motivation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

I'm not convinced Bruins have much depth beyond what's currently on the bench, and even that isn't as good as perceived.  If they lose two or three guys--Bergeron, Savard, Thomas--do they have enough depth in the organization to carry them? I remain unconvinced.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

By depth I meant that every line is strong but they don't have a stud.  Savard and Krejci are light and not strong on the puck and Lucic and Thornton have to be wide open to bury the puck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Re: The difference between mediocre and great:
    [QUOTE]By depth I meant that every line is strong but they don't have a stud.  Savard and Krejci are light and not strong on the puck and Lucic and Thornton have to be wide open to bury the puck.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]
    Thornton isn't on the ice to bury the puck that is just an upside if he does once in a while and I agree lucic needs to get a quicker release him and horton pull back to wrist one and by the time they follow through its not there any more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]By depth I meant that every line is strong but they don't have a stud.  Savard and Krejci are light and not strong on the puck and Lucic and Thornton have to be wide open to bury the puck.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  The Bruins lack that offensive gunner who can make the other team take notice every time he hops over the boards.  That might be Seguin down the road, maybe even later this season but right now, its no one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...and anyone who mentions "that guy" gets a punch in the nose.

IMO, they just need to get their collective <expletive deleted /> together and get steady if not glamourous production from their top 3 lines.

When your 4th line can keep the puck in the offensive zone better than any other line, you're in trouble.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The difference between mediocre and great : Agreed!  The Bruins lack that offensive gunner who can make the other team take notice every time he hops over the boards.  That might be Seguin down the road, maybe even later this season but right now, its no one.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Not this year for Seguin, RHO, especially with CJ as coach.

Hey, my Leafs are doing all they can to help make your Bruins better.....LOL

If we hadn't made that infamous trade, we'd likely have Hall now.  I knew he'd be good, but not that good this fast.  He was absolutely sick when Edmonton was in town and could have had 6 goals with some luck.

Lightening speed.....

How good would Hall have looked for the Bruins? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

It's talent. The Bruins do not have any elite talent. They have a handful of good players. That will not get it done. Chicago/Detroit/Wahington/Pittsburgh/Philly are at a different level. Even Anaheim with Getzlaf and Salanne can win with very few opportunities. The Bruins need 100% effort all the time to win with their talent level. Over 82 games that is impossible. The Bruins should be better but not much better in actuality

Sections
Shortcuts