The difference is lines 3 and 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

The difference is lines 3 and 4

Hawks are the first team the Bs have faced that can roll 4 solid lines.  With Campbell out, and the 3rd line being total and absolute disaster, the Hawks have the advantage.  Bs 3rd line needs to step up big time.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: The difference is lines 3 and 4

This is a great thread.  I'm looking forward to more expert analysis.  Keep it coming guys. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

In response to diz420's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hawks are the first team the Bs have faced that can roll 4 solid lines.  With Campbell out, and the 3rd line being total and absolute disaster, the Hawks have the advantage.  Bs 3rd line needs to step up big time.

The 3 of them couldn't score on an empty net,Seguin is just another Paille but soft.

[/QUOTE]

Really? I honestly don't remember the year Paille led the Bruins in scoring. Did he do it before he was 20 also?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Seguin playing now is out hitting Bergeron, Marchand and Horton. Are they soft as well?  Even softer perhaps? Lucic was the only Bruins forward with more hits than Seguin last night. Feel free to elaborate on how you've reached your conclusion. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to diz420's comment:

The 3 of them couldn't score on an empty net,Seguin is just another Paille but soft.

Calling Seguin another Paille but soft maybe be one of the dumbest things I've seen written here.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The Seguin playing now is out hitting Bergeron, Marchand and Horton. Are they soft as well?  Even softer perhaps? Lucic was the only Bruins forward with more hits than Seguin last night. Feel free to elaborate on how you've reached your conclusion. 

-Gerry Dee

You call that hitting he turns his bum into people more like dirty dancing.

Just stop right there as you clearly have no concept of how to properly body check. I'm not the one saying he's hitting. The league's official statisticians are the ones saying it. You seem to be one of the few who doesn't get it. Every new post is further evidence of it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

You call that hitting he turns his bum into people more like dirty dancing.

[/QUOTE]

Just stop right there as you clearly have no concept of how to properly body check. I'm not the one saying he's hitting. The league's official statisticians or the ones saying it. You seem to be one of the few who doesn't get it. Every new post is further evidence of it.

[/QUOTE]

Well maybee he should stop hitting and score a lousy goal,and lets just say nobody is afraid of getting hit by Seguin,my grandmother could hit harder them him

[/QUOTE]

Congrats. On a forum containing countless dumb posts, others have felt that yours rank up with the dumbest ever. That's not an easy feat.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Move Krug to thr third line could he be any worse than the 3 stiffs playing there now.and next game Seguin will get moved up,so will be Pev,the Dog and probably Pando,or maybee Kelly,oh right Peverly and Kelly don't have to score,especially when there -3 last night.

You certainly know your hockey.  I'm impressed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Move Krug to thr third line could he be any worse than the 3 stiffs playing there now.and next game Seguin will get moved up,so will be Pev,the Dog and probably Pando,or maybee Kelly,oh right Peverly and Kelly don't have to score,especially when there -3 last night.

Or maybe they should try Chara in nets, Lucic on defence and Svedberg to play with Jagr and Krug on the top line. Am I close?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm thinking maybe it's time to try another sport. The good news is since you just started watching hockey it will make the transition that much easier.

But hey, thanks for stopping by.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I can't believe how inept Kelly has been on the ice. We all knew that last years 20/19/39 season wasn't going to be recreated every year, but not scoring a point in 21 straight games? Not even a secondary assist??

Every year after the season, the Bs announce players X, Y, Z, and others are having surgery. I suspect we will be hearing that Kelly is headed to the operating table to repair an injury this offseason.

It will be interesting to see if Kelly and/or Peverley is/are wearing the spoked B next season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It would certainly help the offense if the bottom two lines could add a goal or two, but, that's ignoring the great hockey they are playing in Claude's defense first system. Seguin has improved every year, and has definitely helped round out the 3rd line while playing Selke -like defense, and having almost as many shots on goal as Jagr. Kelly is definitely playing hurt, but guts it out to keep playing; and Peverly has helped with his face-off capa bilities that help the bruins retain puck possesion. I like the Krug to 3rd line potential if Horton cannot play

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Absolutely agree. If Jagr, Sequin, Kelly, Pevs do not score on the Hawks, there may not be enough scoring left  to win. Already in this series the Hawks 3rd line has 2 goals, same as Seguin/Pevs/Kelly/Jagr combined in 4 series. Can Bregy/Krejci line overcome this? time will tell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I agree .  They need some scoring from guys like Seguin, Kelly, Peverly and Jagr or someone else you might not expect, but in my opinion someone needs to step up.  It is not about panic or criticism.  It is about facts and the facts are that they are now playing a team that is playing as well as they are.  That means they will probably need some additional contributions to put them over the top.  So far they have relied on 6 guys for offense as well as some key goals by Krug, Boychuk and McQuaid.  In my opinion they will need some of the so far offensively challenged forwards to make some key contributions in order to beat a very good Hawks team.  In 3 rounds Segs, Pevs, Jagr and Kelly have 2 goals.  My bet is that if they can contribute 3 or 4 goals in this series to supplement what Krejci, Horton (hopefully) ,Lucic, Bergeron and Marchand will certainly continue to bring, the Bruins will once again be Stanley Cup Champions.  That is not asking a lot.

Here are the links to the stats from the 2011 and 2013 and you can clearly see the Bruins got more balanced scoring in 2011.  I realize they have gotten to the Finals so might say who cares but again I think they need a little more balanced offense in this match-up to get er done.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/BOS/2011.html#skaters_playoffs::none

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/BOS/2013.html#skaters_playoffs::none

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Seguin is going to score goals, it's going to happen, and my guess is Game 2, he will net one or two.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Seguin is going to score goals, it's going to happen, and my guess is Game 2, he will net one or two.

Or get a big phat assist on a great pass.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

Kelly and Straw man finally score and look at the result.  The third line is key to the cup.  Hopefully this build confidence going into game 3.