The Don Cherry Story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Don Cherry Story

This was a mini-series , parts 1, 2 3,4,  tonight was the conclusion. Great stuff.
    You see whole new side on the guy and Rose his wife.  From when he got drafted by the Bruins, to when he coached the Bruins with the real story why he quit (not fired) , to coaches corner etc....
    My favorite part was when he was being coached by Eddie Shore in Springfield. That guy was one sick puppy LOL....
    I hope one day my friends in the U.S. can watch this mini series.
    Aside from hockey there was the time he had apologized to his friends in the U.S. for Montreal fans booing the national anthem . He went on and on how it was wrong . God forbid something would happen to Canada and how the U.s. would be the 1st ones to our rescue.
    That part the way he stoodup for the U.S. was very emotional.  Great stuff.
    I'm sure there's a clip of this somewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: The Don Cherry Story

i knew Don Cherry when he was a High School coach in Rochester N.Y. He gave a lot to the league and the community. He has had some wonderful opinions over the years, and Rather than hear all the nay sayers, I'd like to see him live out his contract and retire at 80 yrs. young.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I thought the guy who played the part of Don Cherry did a great job.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And the recent Brian Burke-Don Cherry feud was as good as time as any for this movie to make it's repeat showing.

The Don Cherry Story part's 3 & 4 coming soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: The Don Cherry Story:
    [QUOTE]And the recent Brian Burke-Don Cherry feud was as good as time as any for this movie to make it's repeat showing. The Don Cherry Story part's 3 & 4 coming soon.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I missed Coaches Corner this weekend,  was there one ?
    Funny because in the movie he could have been fired 7 times.  You're right they could do a sequel.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Don Cherry Story : I missed Coaches Corner this weekend,  was there one ? Funny because in the movie he could have been fired 7 times.  You're right they could do a sequel.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Tongue in cheek comments by both MacLean and Cherry about not being too critical while on the air.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Don Cherry Story : Tongue in cheek comments by both MacLean and Cherry about not being too critical while on the air.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Like that'll last.  The was a part in the movie where the CBC didn't want him show fights and he used Fire Fighters as to why he aired the fight between Clark and McSorley.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I know parts 1 & 2 are on you tube. 3 & 4 just came out so it'll be a bit before they're on there I think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

nite - I watched part 3 on cbc.ca Saturday night during the Leafs/Flyers game...missed the finale Sunday though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]nite - I watched part 3 on cbc.ca Saturday night during the Leafs/Flyers game...missed the finale Sunday though.
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]
    You can watch all 4 episodes on www.cbc.ca. Go to TV tab.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Don Cherry Story : You can watch all 4 episodes on www.cbc.ca. Go to TV tab.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Too bad U.S. IPs don't work on that website.  I guess our American friends will have to view on YouTube.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Don Cherry Story : Too bad U.S. IPs don't work on that website.  I guess our American friends will have to view on YouTube.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Yea like we can't watch video's from VH1. Just stupid!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Don Cherry Story : Yea like we can't watch video's from VH1. Just stupid!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

what happened to the free trade agreement ? 
    Red can teach us a few things about this one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

I will always love Don Cherry even when I disagree with him (often strongly) because I so enjoy his showmanship, passion, and sartorial choices.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from northbruin. Show northbruin's posts

Don too many men on the ice Cherry is a stupid jerk!

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts