The Draft - Can we get more picks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

The Draft - Can we get more picks?

Just a couple of questions about the next two drafts.

1. Did you know that Tampa has 6 picks in the 1st two rounds this year? Stevie Y. has done a great job of stock piling picks. Is there any chance we could get our hands on one or two of these picks, especially since the B's only have 2 picks in the 1st three rounds. What would it take?

2. You have to think that Columbus is going to be at the bottom of the standings as they rebuild next year (sans Nash). What do you think it would take to get their 1st pick in the 2013 draft (Nathan McKinnon)?

The B's are built to be very competitive for the next few years, but I'd love to keep the cupboards full in our system.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: The Draft - Can we get more picks?

PC sacrificed some picks the last couple of years loading up for the playoffs. I have no problem with that. Whether we get more picks depends on the prospect of PC making a few changes to the present roster and the willingness of some other GMs to part with their currentdraft spots. Always very tricky but not impossible (ex. the Kessel move). If PC can pull off some astute trades before July 1 and move some pending free agents (like Kelly) to teams that want a crack at signing them first then that is probably the road he will take. I can not see him making any shocking trades like moving Krejci, Peverely, Marchand, or Rask which is likely what it would take to get some higher quality picks in return.  

In short, don't expect anything drastic from the B's. Also, if CBJ does move Nash as part of a rebuilding process then they will probably not be willing to part with a future 1st rounder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: The Draft - Can we get more picks?

It could certainly be a part of a Tim Thomas deal.  From past years, it seems like the draft is a pretty good time to make deals...