The Dream Addition is a Dream

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Dream Addition is a Dream

There seems to be a lot of consternation (dagnabbit!) about adding "that guy who is a go-to scorer who can get you that big goal in tight games."  Iginla was supposed to be that, and you know, he had moments where he did just that.  He was also probably the member of the top line most responsible for that line not being able to maintain the cycle and wear down the Scab defense the way they usually do, even if he did score a couple of goals.  But hey, he's gone.

If I think about what people seem to say they really want - even when they yearn to have Tailored Sequins back - I'm increasingly convinced they're dreaming in Technicolor.  Not because PC won't make the move, or lacks the assets, or lacks the cap room.  Because there are maybe - maybe - two guys in the league who fit that profile: Ovechkin and Stamkos.  Much ink have been spilled over Ovechkin, and his deficiencies in other areas of the game make him seem a weak fit in Boston.  Stamkos may be an even better fit for that dream profile, and he seems to be more effective all over the ice.  So there's one guy - Stamkos.  I don't think Eberle, Kane, or Sequins (been there, failed at that), or whoever else people want to propose could deliver what people have identified as a need - lots of scoring, and timely scoring.

Like winning the lottery, I think this will continually be a case of "boy that would be nice" and the odds will remain 1:293875732023797 that it ever happens if by "happens" we mean that the Bruins can maintain the kind of roster they currently have and ADD a Stamkos.

Are you not entertained?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: The Dream Addition is a Dream

Way to take the fun out of summer speculation Mr. killjoy :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

Not a dream : a nightmare... Because Tampa Bay would not even consider trading Stamkos, unless you gave them Rask, Hamilton and Lucic... And where would that trade lead us? Directly to the basement...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm not thinking about Chiarelli trading for a gunner-type. Can't see that. I'm thinking the experience gained by Smith and Soderberg, a healthy Ericksson performing as he's capable of leading to improved production and continued balanced scoring. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

jm, have you seen Carrie?  You know, where the most popular boy in school seems to really like strange ol' Carrie until it turns out it's just a big ploy to dump pig's blood on her in front of the who senior prom?

I'm just trying to keep you from getting pig's blood dumped on you in front of the whole senior prom.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hmm...are we talking the 1976 original or the 2013 re-make?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And some BDC Bruins fans were called "crazy" and even Mike Tyson's favorite "ludicrous" for thinking that Seguin will be traded. A veteran 3rd line right-wing is not dreaming but a probable reality.

The nightmare I have is PC keeping Kelly and he gets injured again in October. Then PC would have to "Sturm" Kelly next summer. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'll second that, SanDog.  I really think Kelly has value to a lot of teams, and I don't think he's the kind of guy to refuse a trade outright.  I would bet he'd take a deal that keeps him in the Northeast geographically because I think his wife still works as a teacher in Ottawa.  If they don't get something done before camp, and Kelly gets injured again - well, at least they could LTIR him! - they probably would have to give him away for free to whoever was willing to take on that final contract year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

After the first day of free agency signings, it seemed many were focused on a cheap buyout or longshot AHL-er (or Swiss league aka Mueller) finding/re-gaining their form. Why do things seem so desperate when the B's just won the President's trophy and are deep in D where they have strength to make a trade?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Odds are you will not spin on another thread of why Bs fans a Love boat fantasizing, didn't your grandma hug you enough BB?  

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There seems to be a lot of consternation (dagnabbit!) about adding "that guy who is a go-to scorer who can get you that big goal in tight games."  Iginla was supposed to be that, and you know, he had moments where he did just that.  He was also probably the member of the top line most responsible for that line not being able to maintain the cycle and wear down the Scab defense the way they usually do, even if he did score a couple of goals.  But hey, he's gone.

If I think about what people seem to say they really want - even when they yearn to have Tailored Sequins back - I'm increasingly convinced they're dreaming in Technicolor.  Not because PC won't make the move, or lacks the assets, or lacks the cap room.  Because there are maybe - maybe - two guys in the league who fit that profile: Ovechkin and Stamkos.  Much ink have been spilled over Ovechkin, and his deficiencies in other areas of the game make him seem a weak fit in Boston.  Stamkos may be an even better fit for that dream profile, and he seems to be more effective all over the ice.  So there's one guy - Stamkos.  I don't think Eberle, Kane, or Sequins (been there, failed at that), or whoever else people want to propose could deliver what people have identified as a need - lots of scoring, and timely scoring.

Like winning the lottery, I think this will continually be a case of "boy that would be nice" and the odds will remain 1:293875732023797 that it ever happens if by "happens" we mean that the Bruins can maintain the kind of roster they currently have and ADD a Stamkos.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

IMO. I really think Evander Kane a Bruin's wet dream and just needs to be moved to a team like the Bruins to really be that "game breaker" that everyone seems to want. Put a Bruin's jersey on this kid & I bet he would soar!

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO. I really think Evander Kane a Bruin's wet dream and just needs to be moved to a team like the Bruins to really be that "game breaker" that everyone seems to want. Put a Bruin's jersey on this kid & I bet he would soar!

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I prefer Wayne Simmonds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Right now, the problem, if you want to call it a problem, seems to be that the Bruins' AHL & NHL teams, seem to share the same strengths & weaknesses, at the forward positions.

Strength at Center, and an abundance of lefties.

What about moving Koko or Spooner, or maybe a LW from Providence, for a quality RW from the AHL, that could compete for a roster spot on the big club?

Maybe bring in someone like...

TY RATTIE  31 goals in his 1st year for the Blues' AHL team.

TEEMU PULKKINEN 31 goals and Grand Rapids leading scorer

COLTON SCEVIOUR 32 goal scorer from Texas

BOBBY BUTLER 22 goals and has NHL experience

It could be another way to find a 3rd line RW.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's see.  

He had a 30 goal season.

He played the full 48 game season. 

He throws a lot of hits.

He can kill penalties. 

He's missed a ton of games due to a bunch of different injuries including a concussion, he's got a clear and documented attitude problem, outside of the short season his goal production has been second line quality, and despite his tough attitude, his maximum amount of fights in a season is two (2).  

All of this for $6M a year for the next four years at the cost of a Top 6 Boston Bruin?  No way Jose.  I think the Kane love around here is a Muellerism.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Kane did do what Shawn Thornton couldn't.  But still, a 6M player with an attitude problem, pass.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Odds are you will not spin on another thread of why Bs fans a Love boat fantasizing, didn't your grandma hug you enough BB?  

[/QUOTE]

Enough.  But she was also a realist who'd kick you in the arz if you were off in dreamland.  Granny would have whupped arz on this board.

[object HTMLDivElement]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's see.  

He had a 30 goal season.

He throws a lot of hits.

He can kill penalties. 

He's missed a ton of games due to a bunch of different injuries including a concussion, he's got a clear and documented attitude problem, outside of the short season his goal production has been second line quality, and despite his tough attitude, his maximum amount of fights in a season is two (2).  

All of this for $6M a year for the next four years at the cost of a Top 6 Boston Bruin?  No way Jose.  I think the Kane love around here is a Muellerism.

[/QUOTE]

And just like that, Muellerism became my favorite term.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Speed and toughness.

His skill set intrigues me also.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's see.  

He had a 30 goal season.

He throws a lot of hits.

He can kill penalties. 

[/QUOTE]

I hope this was one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DD20hF530

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DD20hF530" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DD20hF530

[/QUOTE]

More like this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7zOHBv2KgY" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7zOHBv2KgY

He throws a cheap hit on Karlsson and when Neil comes a callin', tough guy Kane hugs on for dear life...and fails to remove both gloves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DD20hF530" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DD20hF530" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DD20hF530

[/QUOTE]

More like this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7zOHBv2KgY" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7zOHBv2KgY" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7zOHBv2KgY

He throws a cheap hit on Karlsson and when Neil comes a callin', tough guy Kane hugs on for dear life...and fails to remove both gloves.

[/QUOTE]

He's only 23 or 24 yrs old. Plenty of time to come around. And as I said you put him in an environment that he enjoys it could be a match made in heaven. A lot of people said the same thing about Horton too and I think he certainly proved he could silence some critics during the most important part of the season. No reason Kane couldn't do the same.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Horton had a sweetheart of a contract for a first line RW.  You could cut him some slack. Kane's deal is what you pay a proven first line winger.  It means no slack.  Or very little.  The obvious comparable is Lucic, and people around her periodically call for a trimming of the Fat whenever he's in a scoring drought even though his physical game can be as impactful as his goal scoring...and he has 3 24+ goal seasons to Kane's 1.

If we're in the real of wishin' and hopin' that a guy will suddenly break out in Boston, I don't want to see them pay $6M for the priviledge.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Horton had a sweetheart of a contract for a first line RW.  You could cut him some slack. Kane's deal is what you pay a proven first line winger.  It means no slack.  Or very little.  The obvious comparable is Lucic, and people around her periodically call for a trimming of the Fat whenever he's in a scoring drought even though his physical game can be as impactful as his goal scoring...and he has 3 24+ goal seasons to Kane's 1.

If we're in the real of wishin' and hopin' that a guy will suddenly break out in Boston, I don't want to see them pay $6M for the priviledge.

[/QUOTE]

Ever try working in a place you hate? When you're in that atmosphere you can try as hard you want, but the results won't be there. Yes he maybe well a risk, but who else out there is making 6 mill that isn't an ex-girlfriend (that you and NAS love so much), 23-24 yrs old with ample time to change & the skill set of being that present to future game breaker? That could play on the right side & plays with an edge that fits the Bruins style of play?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

Ever try working in a place you hate? When you're in that atmosphere you can try as hard you want, but the results won't be there. Yes he maybe well a risk, but who else out there is making 6 mill that isn't an ex-girlfriend (that you and NAS love so much), 23-24 yrs old with ample time to change & the skill set of being that present to future game breaker? That could play on the right side & plays with an edge that fits the Bruins style of play?

[/QUOTE]

I don't get the point, nite.  Why am I looking for someone who's making $6M?  Part of the issue is that Kane is a $5.25M cap hit for the next four years.  If all he does is slam his jock in the door for the next four years, that's a serious chunk of change the Bruins are looking to free up and dump on the next sucker who thinks the kid just needs a new mommy or something. 

I assume you mean "out there" to indicate that it is somehow in the realm of the possible that the Bruins could obtain the player.  Therein lies the problem.  The reason Kane is potentially available and Jaime Benn or John Tavares or James van Reimsdyk or Jordan Eberle are not is that the Jets are losing patience with him.  There's an issue.  If the Bruins think they can solve it (and get the Jets to each $2M), then great, but you know, there are a lot of championship teams who have banked on their winning culture and veteran leaders to steer a troubled new guy straight and have seen the window of winning get slimmer because of it (where's Rust...no...too much like the Candyman to risk it).

[object HTMLDivElement]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok Grandma's Boy, I will not think of a first line right winger. I will go with a third line winger who will frustrate the creative scoring opportunities of Soderberg. BTW Evander Kane would not work. PCs mess, he will have to believe in KOKO puffs or Fraser!

[QUOTE]

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Enough.  But she was also a realist who'd kick you in the arz if you were off in dreamland.  Granny would have whupped arz on this board.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts