The dump and chase power play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

The dump and chase power play?

I am just considering if this is why the Bruins power play isnt up to par in general. It seems on watching them that their power play should be much more wide open, you are up a man after all. But it seems like they play it like they play 5 on 5. Now dont get me wrong, 5 on 5 they may be the best team in the league, but on the power play the opposition has the advantage of sending it the end of the rink without risking a iciing, much easier to do than trying to force it into a center ice position.
    I would love to see more open ice play on the power play, there was a time we didnt have the talent for it, but with Seguin, Bergeron and even Jagr perhaps carrying it in with 3 across would be a better idea.
    Just thinking before game 6.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: The dump and chase power play?

mikzor, with all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? The Bruins scored 2 PP goals  in the 6-5 game, and GOT ZERO POWER PLAY OPPORTUNITIES IN GAME 5. The team's PP is actually quite good right now, and has been clicking just fine. It's the last of about 10 other things I would worry about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

mikzor, with all due respect, what the hell are you talking about? The Bruins scored 2 PP goals  in the 6-5 game, and GOT ZERO POWER PLAY OPPORTUNITIES IN GAME 5. The team's PP is actually quite good right now, and has been clicking just fine. It's the last of about 10 other things I would worry about.

You misunderstand me. I am not talking the last few games, I am talking the last few years. Shouldve mentioned that because, yes, they have been better, this series especially. But the approach during those 20 for 21 stretches without a goal we know so well seems to point me towards this. Maybe its just me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

mikzor, your timing of this thread is poor, but okay, I'll give you that over the years the team's PP has had  its issues. Really since Savard got hurt. But at the same time, I think they do just fine v. Chicago if and when the awful referees blow a damn whistle v. the holier than thou, NBC-network approved BlackHawks.

Sections
Shortcuts