The emperor's clothes have come off

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The emperor's clothes have come off

The losses by the Bruins in the last two months have shown me that the main, and I mean MAIN, reason the B's won the cup last year is because TIMMAY was superhuman. Now that he's playing ordinary, we see the result. This team was never built to win without superb goaltending, they just have too many pluggers. Seguin, is our best bet for a superstar but he's too young to carry Stamkos numbers still. They chose to ignore that need (hello Nash, hello Iginla) and this is the outcome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Re: The emperor's clothes have come off

I still don't buy that this team needs a offensive superstar, they won with none last year. I think thomas is tired and frustrated. All of these players are bangd up or out Bergeron Boychuk Rask Ference Mcquaid Pouliot Peverley Horton Paille Savard if you count him I suspect chara and tt are nursing something as well. Its tough when 1/2 the team is hurt. I mean tampa has stamkos and look where they're ranked. Its not a superstar its frustration, complacency, injuries. Very similar to the criticisms at this time last year, only this looks worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Timmy played superhuman can't argue with that but the team played very well also..I like to give TT all the credit he deservers for last year without minimizing what the rest of the team did, especially after losing Horton, and don't forget they played a game without Chara, and a couple without Bergeron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to The emperor's clothes have come off:
    [QUOTE]The losses by the Bruins in the last two months have shown me that the main, and I mean MAIN, reason the B's won the cup last year is because TIMMAY was superhuman. Now that he's playing ordinary, we see the result. This team was never built to win without superb goaltending, they just have too many pluggers. Seguin, is our best bet for a superstar but he's too young to carry Stamkos numbers still. They chose to ignore that need (hello Nash, hello Iginla) and this is the outcome.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

our pluggers scored 23 times in the finals against a vancouver team that had superstars.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: The emperor's clothes have come off:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The emperor's clothes have come off : our pluggers scored 23 times in the finals against a vancouver team that had superstars.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Yes, but you have to remember that people like to look only at facts that support their arguments.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

PC didn't acquire a superstar this year because he already did that in the fall signing the OP's favourite elite stickhandler. ( Hello Benoit Pouliot )

Seriously though, how many superstars did he acquire last year to win the Cup ? And how many superstars actually moved from one team to another in the NHL this year ? 

Why didn't he just go get Crosby or Malkin if it's that easy ? Easier said then done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to The emperor's clothes have come off:
    [QUOTE]The losses by the Bruins in the last two months have shown me that the main, and I mean MAIN, reason the B's won the cup last year is because TIMMAY was superhuman. Now that he's playing ordinary, we see the result. This team was never built to win without superb goaltending, they just have too many pluggers. Seguin, is our best bet for a superstar but he's too young to carry Stamkos numbers still. They chose to ignore that need (hello Nash, hello Iginla) and this is the outcome.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

yes.  goaltending and outlandish good luck won the cup.  anyone who knows the game gets that...it's an undeniable truth. 
    so what.
    no one wins the cup with poor goaltending, but...those pluggers are near the top of the league in goals scored
    i don't get your point.
    are you saying they should have blown up the team for nash? would that fix everything

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I said that thomas was the main reason even though it was clear to anyone who wasn't blind the pink hats on here cried when I mentioned this. Some times the truth hurts it wasn't claude it wasn't the bruins so called depth ( what a joke that is) it was TT playing out of his mind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This team has been built to enhance Claude's defense first commitment. It worked. It required excellent goalkeeping, and complementary excellent team play. Peter felt that he would keep most of the team, did so, and as late as the trading deadline, felt that he did not want to change the mix. After Nov./Dec. it looked as though Peter was right, and then whoops. Claude kept leaning on Timmy; Timmy's game started to erode, but Claude kept on putting him in, so that Timmy could "play through" his problems. Meanwhile Tuuka was stagnating on the bench. Then the injuries started to hit; Claude altered his lineup; Tuuka is injured as Timmy is fading, and probably worn out. Caron emerges as a positive, allowing Seguin to join Kreji and Looch. The "veterans" that Claude desired have not filled the bill. It is Claude's problem to fix, using the assets available from Providence. McDermid appeared to fit in, so why Whitfield? It is definitely Claude's job to adjust. Look at St. Louis for a positive example.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thomas had some superhuman games, but he wasn't consistently outrageous throughout.  He was in a groove.  Until he chalked up his second game 7 shutout, I thought Krejci or Marchand or even Bergeron had an argument for the Conn Smythe.  People want the easy answer - it was player xx who put the team on its back.  Sorry but it was the whole freaking team.  They had a calm professional approach that was absolutely unbreakable.  It was pure commitment no matter what.  McQuaid played as far above his usual level as Thomas did.  Kelly and Peverley were miles better in the playoffs than the regular season.  Horton was lethal (and Lucic was awful...).  Seguin broke out.  Ference was dynamite.

They won because everyone but Lucic played above their head for two and a half months.  No easy wins, no easy outs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: The emperor's clothes have come off:[QUOTE]I remember 2010 when they choked the 3-0 lead to Philly, and the " It was Krejci, Stupid! " T-shirts were flying off the Bs Apologists' Pro Shop racks Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

You proclaimed the Bruins would be one n done against the Sabres in 2010 so they beat all your expectations getting into the 2nd round didn't they ? This after stating many times the Bruins were terrible and you weren't coming back.

"Seguin, is our best bet for a superstar but he's too young to carry Stamkos numbers still. They chose to ignore that need (hello Nash, hello Iginla) and this is the outcome."

@OrrEspoCash- Why didn't Stamkos lead Tampa to victory over the Bruins last year then if he is that great ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: The emperor's clothes have come off:
    [QUOTE]Thomas had some superhuman games, but he wasn't consistently outrageous throughout.  He was in a groove.  Until he chalked up his second game 7 shutout, I thought Krejci or Marchand or even Bergeron had an argument for the Conn Smythe.  People want the easy answer - it was player xx who put the team on its back.  Sorry but it was the whole freaking team.  They had a calm professional approach that was absolutely unbreakable.  It was pure commitment no matter what.  McQuaid played as far above his usual level as Thomas did.  Kelly and Peverley were miles better in the playoffs than the regular season.  Horton was lethal (and Lucic was awful...).  Seguin broke out.  Ference was dynamite. They won because everyone but Lucic played above their head for two and a half months.  No easy wins, no easy outs.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

This is a fantastic post.

Sections
Shortcuts