The "Fairweathers"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The "Fairweathers"

This looks like a race that will go right down to the wire. As it stands, we've currently got Stanley and Soxfan running neck and neck with ipot and mitchco attempting to make a late surge. Now in Mitchco's defense, he's never had a positive thing to add about the team so maybe it's unfair to keep him in the race. He's the only one of the 4 who didnt attempt to pull the old, " I'm a big fan. I knew they could do it all along" after 2011. Be sure to get out and vote because these guys only have 5 days left to show a total lack of support. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: The

Blocked, blocked and blocked.

I can't vote because I don't read anything any of them say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

What's there to support? Only idiots like you Dez "support" blatant lack of effort. The rest of us are honestly stating what needs fixing. And that fix most certainly involves changing this team in the off season. Chia totally blew the chance to improve the team in the MONTHS following the Thomas trade, instead waiting till all players were taken except Jagr. Then Clode plays Jagr in the most confusing of ways, and not enough at that. Not enough Seguin either, and way too much Campbell. So you think we have nothing to complain about??? Have some more of whatever it is you're having Dez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

(blocked)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

What's there to support? Only idiots like you Dez "support" blatant lack of effort. The rest of us are honestly stating what needs fixing. And that fix most certainly involves changing this team in the off season. Chia totally blew the chance to improve the team in the MONTHS following the Thomas trade, instead waiting till all players were taken except Jagr. Then Clode plays Jagr in the most confusing of ways, and not enough at that. Not enough Seguin either, and way too much Campbell. So you think we have nothing to complain about??? Have some more of whatever it is you're having Dez.

You're a meathead whose opinion nobody cares about so you're not even in the running for an award. You have to have made at least one useful statement in the past to be considered. Come back after that happens or when Colbourne (the player you called the "next Esposito) is an NHL regular. Nobody will be waiting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It is surpising that after 2011 this would happen again so soon.  Part of the joy in winning the Stanley Cup was watching all of the mentally weak "fairweathers" desperately swimming back to the ship at the end.

It took two years before lucaooo would even show up here.

Look, the odds are staggering against a team like the Bruins winning the Cup again.  We all know that.  It probably won't happen.

But why some fans are so filled with insecurity that they are acting like a bunch of pu**ies before the playoffs even start is beyond me.  We know the odds, we know the Bruins aren't looking Stanley Cup-worthy right now.  But they weren't looking good in 2011 either, and the Kings certainly weren't looking great last year.  You never know what might happen.  Root for your team and enjoy the ride.

I can't wait for playoff hockey, and I pity the fans that are too afraid of losing to enjoy it.  

So, suck it up.  I want Montreal, I want Vancouver, and I want the Cup.  If you're too scared of the challenge, beat it.  Watch a tape of the Dave Lewis era, when we were perfectly safe from getting our hopes up and then having them crushed.  The wimps here probably loved it.

Go Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

How's your bud Kaberle doing smart guy Dez? ; - )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Guy's got a Cup ring. He was acquired for spare parts. Get a point and try to make it. It's been years now so you're certainly due.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

My only point, and I've made it consistently, is you're a putz Dez. A man of no independent thoughts, just criticism of others, which is exactly the only thing you attempted (accent on that) to accomplish with this idiotic post. Tisk Tisk. Say hi to Tomas Kabs.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My only point, and I've made it consistently, is you're a putz Dez. A man of no independent thoughts, just criticism of others, which is exactly the only thing you attempted (accent on that) to accomplish with this idiotic post. Tisk Tisk. Say hi to Tomas Kabs.

So you have no point then. At least the Alzheimers allows you to forget how dumb I consistently make you look. Who are these "others" you speak of? I hope you don't also have Multiple Personality Disorder. That would be sad but it would also make a lot of sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Might want to give up on that argument OrrEsp since Kaberle came here and promptly won a Stanley Cup while the prospect you had a school-girl crush on is still withering in the minors.  You know, that debate is looking pretty bad for you...you'd be smart to hope it goes away...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

If the team flops in the playoffs, then I'll understand the push for change. I just don't understand all the vitrol that is spewed towards the coach, players and GM right now.

And I love all the complaints about the line juggling. When would you like him to experiment, when you have a playoff spot wrapped up or in the first round of the playoffs.

BTW how's Montreal doing?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Last night featured 5 wins for teams outside the playoff picture over teams with a chance at the Cup. One game had the last place Panthers beating the NYR. Does that mean the Rangers can't win the Cup? Should the Isles pack it in after losing to the Canes? What? The Sabres beat the Pens? Oh no? How'd the Habs do against the Devils? Surely, they must've beat the lowly Devils?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Good stuff Dez, except for one thing, the title of the thread. I would hesitate to call them fairweathers. They don't attach themselves to the team when theyre winning. The come in here and post when theyre losing. They love misery, it's almost like someone is forcing them to watch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Last night featured 5 wins for teams outside the playoff picture over teams with a chance at the Cup. One game had the last place Panthers beating the NYR. Does that mean the Rangers can't win the Cup? Should the Isles pack it in after losing to the Canes? What? The Sabres beat the Pens? Oh no? How'd the Habs do against the Devils? Surely, they must've beat the lowly Devils?

Part of reason I've layed off them. This happens every year to teams that are in going against teams that aren't. The Flyers have a ton of d-men who are playing for jobs for next yr. They had how many; 4-5 in the lineup that normally wouldn't be? A lot of the non-play-off teams (Flames) for example play their call-ups. This is like their own personal training camp. The team as a whole maybe playing for nothing, but the individuals are playing for their careers here! If that's not motivation I don't know what is. 

I've been all over Lucic for weeks, but I do like what he's done since the scratch. He's motivated, he's not just hitting- he's putting body indents on the boards, he's charging the net & getting good shots away, but he's been robbed on at least 5 goals in his last 2 games. If he works like this & continues this effort he'll be back to being my 2nd favourite Bruin again. Since CJ is doing so much tinkering with the lines & while Lucic is playing like an angry Bruin again. I'd like to see him with Sod & Jagr. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Part of reason I've layed off them. This happens every year to teams that are in going against teams that aren't. The Flyers have a ton of d-men who are playing for jobs for next yr. They had how many; 4-5 in the lineup that normally wouldn't be? A lot of the non-play-off teams (Flames) for example play their call-ups. This is like their own personal training camp. The team as a whole maybe playing for nothing, but the individuals are playing for their careers here! If that's not motivation I don't know what is. 

I've been all over Lucic for weeks, but I do like what he's done since the scratch. He's motivated, he's not just hitting- he's putting body indents on the boards, he's charging the net & getting good shots away, but he's been robbed on at least 5 goals in his last 2 games. If he works like this & continues this effort he'll be back to being my 2nd favourite Bruin again. Since CJ is doing so much tinkering with the lines & while Lucic is playing like an angry Bruin again. I'd like to see him with Sod & Jagr. 

Nite, you're a perfect example of a poster who's had many negative things to say about the Bruins without coming across like a teenage girl after 2 wine coolers, unsure of whether to laugh or cry. If the Bruins lose, there will be a full 5 months to cry about their play before next season begins. Why some people feel the need to get a head start is beyond me. I think they're idiots for bailing on their team. They think I'm an idiot for still believing in the Bruins. Are one of us ahead of the other in some way? If so, I'm not seeing it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I like to stick nite in the ribs from time to time, and he gives it back as good as he gets, but I do that because he's a pretty solid poster...for a goalie.  And his point about Lucic is kind of what I saw last night with one additional thing.  He was one of the guys who, when given a chance, knew what to do with Jagr.  Blew through to the net for a great tip chance that was a 50/50 - do you go for the one touch deflection or the drag across the crease?  He went for the tip and it didn't go.  Right play; no result.  That's been happening a lot for the Bruins.  Like Bergeron, he just needs to finish....  But in terms of Lucic playing with Jagr - Jagr wants the puck all the time.  Lucic is at his best when he is banging, retrieving the puck, creating space, winning board battles, and above all putting the puck on the stick of someone with skill, time, and space.

I'm guessing the experimentation ends in another week and this is what we see for game 1:

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin

Soderberg-Peverley-Horton (Paille if Horton's out; flip the wingers)

Paille-Kelly-Campbell.

Chara-Seidenberg, Boychuk-Ference (to start), Hamilton-McQuaid.

No Black Aces this year with the P-Bruins odd-on for the Calder.  Good thing for both squads that there are three extra D in Boston (Johnson, Bartkowski, Redden) and three bottom of the roster forwards (Thornton, Daugavins, Pandawful).  Holes in the top lines would be filled by guys off of that third line.

Putting aside how anomalous this year has been, that's some pretty solid depth.  Peverley and Horton are both coming off of years where they missed a chunk of time to injury, but Peverley's performance projects out to 60 points last year - good for 5th on the team ahead of Marchand - and Horton's performance projects to 57 points.  There would have been a ten point gap between first in team scoring (Seguin) and 6th (Horton).  Add Soderberg to that mix with 2 in 3 games (totally reasonable sample to make judgments), and Kelly, and even what Campbell has shown in a pinch, and that's a good 9 guys who can play an offensive role if the whole machine is chugging along.  Just need to match paper to performance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

If anyone here thinks or claims never to be frustrated over the inconsistentcy of the bruins in the 2nd half of this short season would basically lieing. We all know or have an opinion of what should be done, but the truth is our opinions go un noticed as should, were not the bosses and altho we do pay for it, so will those who fail to play to there expectations.
    I remember all too well it use to be  the bruins always find a way to win ** turned to always finds a way to lose.

Dont let the frustration come between some good posters here, lets try and be positive about the new season to come.

As book stated, hopefully they settle into 3 lines and let them loose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The NHL Presidents Trophy has been awarded every year since 1986, that's 26 years. Seven times that team won the Stanley Cup. Remember that whining, crying fanbase of the team that won the award in 2011, it was the same team that finished with the best record last year. Vancouver got bounced by the eventual 2012 SCF winners in the first round.

Bruins finished the 1993 season with 109 points, from March to mid-April they lost 3 games and drilled the eventual Stanley Cup champs at the dreaded Forum 5-1 to clinch the Atlantic on the last weekend. Then the Bs got swept in the 1st round.

In 1996 the Bruins went 14-1 down the stretch and were confident against the Panthers onto get bounced out in the 1st round. 2010 everyone but a few on this board thought Boston would get crushed by the 103 point Miller led Sabres. Bye, bye Lindy!"

I'll just place my post from another thread here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I'm out guys, I can't stand this negativity. It's like pushing water uphill.

I'll be back if/when the Bs make it out of the first round. That should shake the negative Nancy's out.

Till then, I'll be in my balcony seats cheering my tukus off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to wallydouglas's comment:

If anyone here thinks or claims never to be frustrated over the inconsistentcy of the bruins in the 2nd half of this short season would basically lieing. We all know or have an opinion of what should be done, but the truth is our opinions go un noticed as should, were not the bosses and altho we do pay for it, so will those who fail to play to there expectations.
    I remember all too well it use to be  the bruins always find a way to win ** turned to always finds a way to lose.

Dont let the frustration come between some good posters here, lets try and be positive about the new season to come.

Nice post. Tons of us come in here after a loss and point out what went wrong,who screwed up etc...But a few take it to a whole new level, almost take it personally if you will. The B's are playing like garbage right now, everyone can see that, but I'm still a fan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

This looks like a race that will go right down to the wire. As it stands, we've currently got Stanley and Soxfan running neck and neck with ipot and mitchco attempting to make a late surge. Now in Mitchco's defense, he's never had a positive thing to add about the team so maybe it's unfair to keep him in the race. He's the only one of the 4 who didnt attempt to pull the old, " I'm a big fan. I knew they could do it all along" after 2011. Be sure to get out and vote because these guys only have 5 days left to show a total lack of support. 

This is like living in the US since Obama was elected. Its suddenly illegal to not agree with the loud crowd.

I have never ever said "Im a big fan, I knew they could do it." In 2011 I was thrilled, but stunned that they did it.

I have always called it like Ive seen it. Earlier this year when the team was way out in front, I loved their place in the standings, but would still express concerns about terrible turnovers and goaltending gaffes, as well as no Power Play. When they started giving away leads at a catastrophic rate, I started to come unglued. It has come to a peak when they have shown as little heart as humanly possible when the city needed them the most.

There was a long stretch that I thought the team had flaws that could be fixed. It is clear now that this team is fundamentally unsound on a number of levels. Some people here get angry when someone dares to mention them.

However, on this forum, you are shouted down if you arent a mindless, head in the sand blinders on fanboy. Thats OK. I wont change. I remember the howling back when they were still winning games... "how DARE you criticize this team?"

Make this clear: I couldnt care less what you think of my opinion.

However... "fairweather?" Nope. Everyone knows were I land. Note  that in the last week or so I wasnt one of the people begging for forgiveness.  Those were other people you mentioned. Again, a win over Hyde Park High... ooops... Florida... doesnt change anything. This team stinks.

I do hope they win though.

So dez, have your fun, but you are a little off-base. I'm definitely at the top of the list on the non-supporting fan of this bunch of underacheiving clowns, but I have not been fair weather. Get your slurs straight.

Oh, and you and your friends don't get to bully me out of here, either.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to wallydouglas's comment:

Nice post. Tons of us come in here after a loss and point out what went wrong,who screwed up etc...But a few take it to a whole new level, almost take it personally if you will. The B's are playing like garbage right now, everyone can see that, but I'm still a fan.

Exactly how I see the situation too Kel.

Sections
Shortcuts