The "Fairweathers"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: The

Another drama queen who thinks he's being 'shouted down' by the masses and loses his freedoms just because people find his posts to be dumb?

What's with the narcissism?  You really think people are ganging up on you or collectively trying to silence you?  

Maybe it's much more simple than that.  Maybe the majority of the posters here just happen to agree that you've sounded like an raving idiot for a month now.  Maybe those posters have a the right to speak their minds too.

This all seems like a defense mechanism.  You're afraid the Bruins will lose and you want to be the first one off the ship, so you can at least say "told ya so" when it happens (even though there is obviously a 90% chance they will not win the Cup).  And now, instead of just acknowledging that most people find your ravings to be foolish and reactionary, you build up this fantasy (Obama included) that people are trying to censor you something.  It's all about you.

If you'd rather try to save face than root for your favorite team, that's fine, but you are a fair-weather fan.  You're even distancing yourself from the team and the fans, as Bookboy pointed out ("...team ya got").  That's okay too, but stop being a pretend martyr.  You're just too afraid of losing to even enjoy the challenge.

Seems like the Harlem Globetrotters might be more your speed.  Dominant in every game.  You don't have to be afraid of challenges or losing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Been on this board a few years now and I think I've seen/heard it all. You're always going to get the bandwagoners, negative nancy's, the pom pomers and of course, some trolls. It's just the way it works.

In between we get to have some good hockey talk, some laughs.......and a few grimaces.

Here's looking to a good playoff run!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Been on this board a few years now and I think I've seen/heard it all. You're always going to get the bandwagoners, negative nancy's, the pom pomers and of course, some trolls. It's just the way it works.

In between we get to have some good hockey talk, some laughs.......and a few grimaces.

Here's looking to a good playoff run!

Very sensible thoughts. Go Bruins!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

Personally, I think that all the heartbreak and losses makes it when the Bruins win a Cup that much more special. If it was so easy to win a Cup, hockey wouldn't be the great sport it is. Trying to compare it to any other sport is stupid. The only sport that can even come close to matching the physicality game in and game out is football and they only play at most 20 games. As much as I hate to see the Bruins lose, I just remember that these losses make the good times so much better. You wouldn't appreciate just how special a guy like Bergeron is if you didn't see how incredible he was in overcoming the concussion and acting the way he has.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nobody is bullying you out of here Sox. I always look forward to your insight, especially when it comes to the goaltending, just think your fustration is getting the better of you. Perhaps your very passionate about the team and you wear your heart on your sleeve. Don't go to the darkside. They'll turn it around.

BostonStrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

The 5 hell's of Fairweather fandom on BDC

5. The typical: When they win, they're "my team", when they lose, "no comment"

4. The overly critical: We won.. but its just not good enough. Followed by an evisceration of the team.

3. The Stanley: Im psychotic... but used to be amusing

2. The ill-informed: I didn't see the game but...

1. The "They suck.": I come to this board so I'm either a total loser with nothing else to do or barely marginally invested in the team. Yet all I can come up with is this guttural, slack-jawed lack of analysis, pablum that seems to be permeating this place as of late.

Good thread Dez. Much needed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Nobody is bullying you out of here Sox. I always look forward to your insight, especially when it comes to the goaltending, just think your fustration is getting the better of you. Perhaps your very passionate about the team and you wear your heart on your sleeve. Don't go to the darkside. They'll turn it around.

BostonStrong.

I'll second kelvana as well.  As much as I think you've gone off the rails recently and are just using this board to vent about the team you supposedly root for, nobody is asking you to leave.  I don't have you on ignore and I think you should say whatever you like just like anyone else.  Maybe a tad less often, if it is the same frustration over and over, but no reason to leave and nobody is limiting your free speech.  The paranoid ramblings of goalies is part of the fabric here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

BostonStrong.

I'll second kelvana as well.  As much as I think you've gone off the rails recently and are just using this board to vent about the team you supposedly root for, nobody is asking you to leave.  I don't have you on ignore and I think you should say whatever you like just like anyone else.  Maybe a tad less often, if it is the same frustration over and over, but no reason to leave and nobody is limiting your free speech.  The paranoid ramblings of goalies is part of the fabric here.

The guy started 4 threads in a 7 minute span after the loss to Pitt. Each one of them saying the exact same thing. I'm not trying to bully anyone out of anywhere. I'm willing to treat all trolls in the exact same manner. My question is why should he receive treatment different than anybody else? The whole martyr thing is old and played out. People need to grow up and stay quiet if they aren't willing to hear a response when they yell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

BostonStrong.

Fletch, please note that a goaltender was the voice of reason here. LOL.

Actually, former goaltender. Gave it up about 6 months ago. 3 kids in youth hockey, coaching two teams, and an 18 month old walking around with a hockey stick like a bull in a china shop was pretty much the writing on the wall for me. I miss it dearly, especially the locker room beers afterwards, but I had my time. It's theirs now.

Teaching kids how to do cross overs in goalie skates takes some getting used to. Just recently put on a pair of regular skates for the first time in over 20 years. How the heck do you people skate in those things? My RBK 5 goalie skates were like putting on slippers. I hate the regular skates.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

How's your bud Kaberle doing smart guy Dez? ; - )

Guy's got a Cup ring. He was acquired for spare parts. Get a point and try to make it. It's been years now so you're certainly due.

He had 11 points in playoffs believe more than any other def. of Bruins

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

4. The overly critical: We won.. but its just not good enough. Followed by an evisceration of the team.

1. The "They suck.": I come to this board so I'm either a total loser with nothing else to do or barely marginally invested in the team. Yet all I can come up with is this guttural, slack-jawed lack of analysis, pablum that seems to be permeating this place as of late.

+1!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Another drama queen who thinks he's being 'shouted down' by the masses and loses his freedoms just because people find his posts to be dumb?

What's with the narcissism?  You really think people are ganging up on you or collectively trying to silence you?  

Maybe it's much more simple than that.  Maybe the majority of the posters here just happen to agree that you've sounded like an raving idiot for a month now.  Maybe those posters have a the right to speak their minds too.

This all seems like a defense mechanism.  You're afraid the Bruins will lose and you want to be the first one off the ship, so you can at least say "told ya so" when it happens (even though there is obviously a 90% chance they will not win the Cup).  And now, instead of just acknowledging that most people find your ravings to be foolish and reactionary, you build up this fantasy (Obama included) that people are trying to censor you something.  It's all about you.

If you'd rather try to save face than root for your favorite team, that's fine, but you are a fair-weather fan.  You're even distancing yourself from the team and the fans, as Bookboy pointed out ("...team ya got").  That's okay too, but stop being a pretend martyr.  You're just too afraid of losing to even enjoy the challenge.

Seems like the Harlem Globetrotters might be more your speed.  Dominant in every game.  You don't have to be afraid of challenges or losing.

how come you dont call them attention seekers.  miss you posting big fella.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

After a loss,some people really like to make fun of players or the coach using "clever names"

The Coach's name" Claude Julien

Anglosized:              Claud

Bitter/silly                  Clod

"Fat" doesn't count-it's gold

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

how come you dont call them attention seekers.  miss you posting big fella.  

Heh, that title is saved for the few, the proud...;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Actually, former goaltender. Gave it up about 6 months ago. 3 kids in youth hockey, coaching two teams, and an 18 month old walking around with a hockey stick like a bull in a china shop was pretty much the writing on the wall for me. I miss it dearly, especially the locker room beers afterwards, but I had my time. It's theirs now.

Teaching kids how to do cross overs in goalie skates takes some getting used to. Just recently put on a pair of regular skates for the first time in over 20 years. How the heck do you people skate in those things? My RBK 5 goalie skates were like putting on slippers. I hate the regular skates.

Kelv, I'm on the same path.  The knees are falling apart and that was happening before a torn MCL last season.  I have played twice in the past 6 months, and am becoming a 'fill-in only' guy.  Five years ago I was playing about 50 games a year.  I miss the social side of it too, especially the beers afterwards...sniffle...gotta go...there's something in my eye... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I have no problem with folks criticizing the Bruins.  Comes with the territory of being a fan.  Some on our board manage the lows of the team in a manner that comes across as threats to their loyalty to the team.  As though the B's were the enemy.  I take that as their intense support overruling their perspective of the big picture - get in the playoffs and go for the Cup.  The Bruins have been below par for a while.  They've shown some crap form along the way.  To be certain they'll continue to play this poorly post-season seems unsubstantiated because we just don't know. 

Just seems curious some making the assertion to bail on the team they've professed their allegiance when the Bruins don't meet their expectations.  Posters claiming to never watch them again seems illogical especially when their thoughts appear at the next Boston loss.  Maybe it's like rubber-necking at the scene of an accident.  You want to turn away but you can't.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

+1!

Agree. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

You know what, dez?  Here's a project for you.  Why don't you spend a few days reading the totality of someone's posts - all 6,340 of them - before you start the "name calling?"  

You can call me whatever the heck you want; I'm fine with that.  I'll just leave it at.  No rancor on my part.  What I feel about the Bruins is solely my OWN perspective, that only I can truly define.  And equally, it's none of my business to profess to know what "kind of fan" you are.

The juvenile debates over who is a "true fan" and who isn't continue.  It's utterly inane, don't you think?  It's a stinkin' community board, not a members only club.  

And remember this: the players, coaches, and suits on the team could give a rodent's tail what ANY OF US "advise" or "suggest" needs to be done - that's kind of funny isn't it?   

I don't mind the "negativity" one bit, it's the "resignation", coupled with the absense of "backup" tha drives me nuts.

This thread is about the contents of other recent threads, and I don't need to examine the contents of 60 some hundred others, to see the holes in your philosophy here.  I just need to review the pertinent ones.  You're smart, and articulate....You've made countless positive opinions here, but in the context of this thread, your contribution has been nothing more than senseless noise.

We all have the responsibility to back up our thoughts on a public opinion.   If we don't, then be prepared for the backlash.  If we offer up flawed logic, that only gets worse.  In this case, you and your cohorts, just keep getting in deeper.  Examples of like minded recent posts include

1.  Fire the coach cuz thats what New Jersey did, or because when he couldn't get a win or two because the Bruins should've propped up the city after the bombings.

2.  Clueless ramblings suggesting Chara is no good because of a bad game.  A whole thread consisting of nothing but dumb whining.  No suggestions on how to improve, nothing about better options...just brainless whining.  I'm sure the OP feels upset someone would say that, but it's true none the less.

3.  Repeated suggestions that this team needs to be "blown up".  No intelligent or compelling reasons to back that up,  probably because there are none....anyway.. mindless drivel.  No coherant hockey expert would agree with that, and there are countless reasons why.

In this case, the hi-lite above is not something you have the right to stand behind.  Rather the opposite, a responsibility  you have, if you want to play here....or anywhere else publicly.  Everything you state above, either attempts to deflect something, or is quite unrelated.  7 basic points, points virtually everyone should agree with, but none with any relevance to the the spirit of this thread.

your quote..."this team has been horse dung since May"...any team not called the Panthers can kick them around"......"maybe next year...."

What kind of crap is that?  It can't be discussed or debated in an adult manner, there's no backup.  In fact, anything you could dig up to support those childish statements, would get you skewered even worse.  You can't even back up those statements let alone make any kind of "compelling" assement moving forward.  You're smart and articulate.    You should fully understand, and accept what's being said about you.

mitchco98 says.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

No rancor on my part.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Mitchco comes up with some great discussion points like

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The guy started 4 threads in a 7 minute span after the loss to Pitt. Each one of them saying the exact same thing. I'm not trying to bully anyone out of anywhere. I'm willing to treat all trolls in the exact same manner. My question is why should he receive treatment different than anybody else? The whole martyr thing is old and played out. People need to grow up and stay quiet if they aren't willing to hear a response when they yell.

This ^^^^^.

Posting once to get your point across would be sufficient.

The old guy with the puck sticking out of his face is currently in the " look at me " mode. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

mitchco comes up with some great discussion points like

"players look disinterested"..."coach looks dishevelled"...."captain looks disoriented"....."all makes for a disastrous playoff run".

That's the kind of stuff that is so deserving of full blown contempt.  Generic, stupid crap.  There is no logic available that suggests a disastrous playoff run.  There is tons of history available to shape reasonable opinion.  Nothing that would back this up.

Soxfan contributes with "playoffs=4 games", and other nuggets like "pathetic, hideous, fragile, gutless excuse".  I don't think there's a 10 year old out there that wouldn't consider that a bit hysterical and illogical.

There's nothing "more honest, or objective" about these posts.  No element of "stones", or courage in spewing this stuff.  Rather the small, negative, defeatist attitude of quitters.  Any qualified kindergarten teacher would try and excorcise those qualities from a child, what's wrong with us attempting to do the same.

Again, it has nothing to do with positive vs negative, or anyones right to post.  It's about backing up your opinion with logic.

Finally, you 3 have been put in the same category as Stanley.

Nuff said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

You Freaking Sallies.  I am the only true B's fan here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

This looks like a race that will go right down to the wire. As it stands, we've currently got Stanley and Soxfan running neck and neck with ipot and mitchco attempting to make a late surge. Now in Mitchco's defense, he's never had a positive thing to add about the team so maybe it's unfair to keep him in the race. He's the only one of the 4 who didnt attempt to pull the old, " I'm a big fan. I knew they could do it all along" after 2011. Be sure to get out and vote because these guys only have 5 days left to show a total lack of support. 

This is like living in the US since Obama was elected. Its suddenly illegal to not agree with the loud crowd.

I have never ever said "Im a big fan, I knew they could do it." In 2011 I was thrilled, but stunned that they did it.

I have always called it like Ive seen it. Earlier this year when the team was way out in front, I loved their place in the standings, but would still express concerns about terrible turnovers and goaltending gaffes, as well as no Power Play. When they started giving away leads at a catastrophic rate, I started to come unglued. It has come to a peak when they have shown as little heart as humanly possible when the city needed them the most.

There was a long stretch that I thought the team had flaws that could be fixed. It is clear now that this team is fundamentally unsound on a number of levels. Some people here get angry when someone dares to mention them.

However, on this forum, you are shouted down if you arent a mindless, head in the sand blinders on fanboy. Thats OK. I wont change. I remember the howling back when they were still winning games... "how DARE you criticize this team?"

Make this clear: I couldnt care less what you think of my opinion.

However... "fairweather?" Nope. Everyone knows were I land. Note  that in the last week or so I wasnt one of the people begging for forgiveness.  Those were other people you mentioned. Again, a win over Hyde Park High... ooops... Florida... doesnt change anything. This team stinks.

I do hope they win though.

So dez, have your fun, but you are a little off-base. I'm definitely at the top of the list on the non-supporting fan of this bunch of underacheiving clowns, but I have not been fair weather. Get your slurs straight.

Oh, and you and your friends don't get to bully me out of here, either.

i've actually said many similar things over the course of this year but was told "they won" or "look at their record' blah blah blah, are their fair weather fans on here? perhaps but if you call it like you see it i dont see any need to criticize.

Sections
Shortcuts