THE FAN 590 Reports Shea Weber Signs Offer Sheet With The Flyers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: THE FAN 590 Reports Shea Weber Signs Offer Sheet With The Flyers

In Response to Re: THE FAN 590 Reports Shea Weber Signs Offer Sheet With The Flyers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE FAN 590 Reports Shea Weber Signs Offer Sheet With The Flyers : Sure, throw Auld in there too then. The point being, the Bruins have had solid overall D numbers regardless of who's in net. This isn't a pro-Rask or anti-TT post either. I've felt this way for years now. The Bruins style of allowing a high number of low percentage shots from the outside makes it easier to play goal behind them. Put it this way, I don't expect any significant drop off in the D numbers in the post-TT era. I know we both hope I'm right. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

agreed....  now if TT's replacement was to be Auld....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: THE FAN 590 Reports Shea Weber Signs Offer Sheet With The Flyers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE FAN 590 Reports Shea Weber Signs Offer Sheet With The Flyers : Never said he didn't earn it, he played the bruins system perfectly. However, if you remove the safety net of Zdeno Chara 25 minutes a game, it's a whole different ball-game. Tim Thomas--because Big Z is so durable--was never able to show if he could function in a Chara-less bruins team. Not his fault, but my own personal view is that Chara was such a beast (widely credited as being the most difficult player to play against, year after year by other NHL players), that Tim Thomas would have paid a greater cost for his hyper-aggressive play-style if Chara was not in the line-up. TT would have had more shots directed on net per game(from inside the hash-marks), and more rebound opportunities, that means signicantly more scoring opportunities. He would have had a higher GAA, and a lower Save % and I doubt anyone would be thinking of him as a potential hall-of-famer. I think Pekka Rinne also owes a lot of his stellar numbers to Weber. But again, I'm not a big goalie guy, it's the position I know the least about.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Olsonic, even Weber would be hard-pressed to improve Bryzgalov's numbers....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Julien, Chara, Thomas and Rask (and Bergeron) are all big parts of the Bruins incredible defensive numbers. You need good goaltending (Marty Turco anyone?), but the Bruins system makes very good goalies record-setters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]Julien, Chara, Thomas and Rask (and Bergeron) are all big parts of the Bruins incredible defensive numbers. You need good goaltending (Marty Turco anyone?), but the Bruins system makes very good goalies record-setters.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

you nailed it....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE FAN 590 Reports Shea Weber Signs Offer Sheet With The Flyers : dez, you forgot to mention Alex Auld....   if that's the case why have the B'S been spending millions on goalies?....  if the B'S defensive system is fool-proof, why not take a page out of the Flyers book on goaltending and pick up whoever's available on the waiver wire?.... sorry, but the talents of TT & Tuukka are as much a reason for the B'S stellar defensive record under CJ as is his sysyem and Z-man's play....  Seidenberg's play hasn't been too shabby either....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

What?  The Flyers are paying Bryzgalov more that Rask and Khudobin combined.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE FAN 590 Reports Shea Weber Signs Offer Sheet With The Flyers : What?  The Flyers are paying Bryzgalov more that Rask and Khudobin combined.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

i was referring to the days when the Flyers relied on the likes of Brian Boucher & Michael Leighton....