The Final Push: Bruins Remaining Schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Final Push: Bruins Remaining Schedule

"Through the first 57 games of the regular season, the Bruins played 31 homes games, leaving them with a bit more traveling to do before the playoffs.  In those 31 home games, the Bruins posted a phenomenal 23-6-2 record, while they played to a 14-10-2 record in 26 road contests.  To put things into perspective, 60% of the Bruins games remaining will be on the road.  That’s 15 of the last 25 games away from the TD Garden."

Of the 15 road games, the Bruins travel to play Western Conference teams just four times, split up into two separate two game stretches.  Beyond those four games, the Bruins away schedule consists of 11 conference games, six of which are within the division.  Those division games are short trips, limiting the effects of travel on the team.  While the extra travel may present a challenge, the Bruins got the bulk of their big trips out of the way early, leaving them with a manageable schedule for the rest of the season.
    Familiar Foes.

The Bruins will play 18 of their final 25 games against Eastern Conference opponents, nine of which will be against divisional opponents.  Through the Olympic Break, the Bruins had faired very well against the Eastern Conference, coasting to a 24-12-0 record.  Although the Eastern Conference has been kind to Boston, the Atlantic Division has not.  The Bruins posted a meager 13-8-0 record against divisional opponents.  Things have been rough as of late, with the Bruins losing seven of their last 12 divisional games.  They will look to change their fortunes over the next month and a half, further distancing themselves from the pack and locking up the Atlantic Division Title."

The Bruins will face stiff competition over the last 25 games of the regular season.  11 of their final 25 opponents are teams that are currently in a playoff position.  Beyond that, eight of the other 14 opponents are within striking distance (four points) of a playoff berth.  That leaves just six games against bottom of the barrel competition.  On one hand, this is a big challenge for the Bruins.  Points will be at a premium and a facing motivated teams on a nightly basis won’t make thing easy for Boston.  If you are looking for a positive spin, the Bruins will be battle tested when the playoffs role around in mid-April, having played against hungry teams for the better part of the last month and a half of the regular season.  Easy points are always nice, but it might be better to know where you stand when you get to the games that really matter."

It's grinder time, I look forward to this. I really think this Olympic break is going to help the Bs along with how much the young Dcore has gotten to taste NHL games just in case of injury. Got the big road trips out of the way early - another bonus.

Sat Mar 8, 2014    Bruins Lightning
    Wed Mar 12, 2014 Bruins Canadiens
    Fri Mar 21, 2014   Bruins Avalanche
    Mon Mar 24, 2014 Canadiens Bruins   
    Thu Mar 27, 2014 Blackhawks Bruins
    Thu Apr 3, 2014   Bruins Maple Leafs

Fasten your seat belts hosers, it's gonna be a fun ride.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Re: The Final Push: Bruins Remaining Schedule

I'm excited to watch games on a regular basis. (Quite a few back to back)

Listen to Jack & Brick call games. (CBC announcers are boring)

A true test for the Boys. I've got my seat belt buckled!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good post.  Can't wait.  A test of road strength to prepare for the playoffs.

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

Anyone else catching some road games?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:[QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

Anyone else catching some road games? [/QUOTE]

Phoenix game and then watch my drives go into peoples back yard. Whenever I get my irons worked out, my driver is suddenly all over the place. Never all together working as one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

Phoenix game and then watch my drives go into peoples back yard. Whenever I get my irons worked out, my driver is suddenly all over the place. Never all together working as one.

[/QUOTE]

Don't take it too hard, you could be like me hitting balls into the 2 ft of snow at the range...totally out of my mind waiting for spring.

Goin old school this yr -

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

[/QUOTE]

Don't take it too hard, you could be like me hitting balls into the 2 ft of snow at the range...totally out of my mind waiting for spring.

[/QUOTE]

Golf Expo is this weekend in Boston. usually line out the door to tget the best deals.

Not me, us lefties stroll in when we want and don't miss a thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

[/QUOTE]

Did a little Arizona golfing myself a couple of months ago now.  Put a few in a hot tub OB on someone's deck on the 14th at the Accenture....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Man, this turned into a golf thread fast!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we've ever had one here.

Long overdue.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we've ever had one here.

Long overdue.

[/QUOTE]

As long as the Bruins are not the ones doing the golfing !! Lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

[/QUOTE]

Was hoping to catch this one, but not happening now. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the truth? And If I'm closer than 50 yards to the green....I'm fawked, because I can't chip to save my life! Last summer my drives & putting was great. My Iron shots were a disaster. 2 summers ago- complete opposite. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

[/QUOTE]

Was hoping to catch this one, but not happening now. 

[/QUOTE]

You sawk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

San hijacked his own thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE] Phoenix game and then watch my drives go into peoples back yard. Whenever I get my irons worked out, my driver is suddenly all over the place. Never all together working as one.[/QUOTE]

Did a little Arizona golfing myself a couple of months ago now.  Put a few in a hot tub OB on someone's deck on the 14th at the Accenture....[/QUOTE]

Great courses out near Tucson as well. I'm usually near Snottsdale and Tempe. Man you seriously do have to be careful when you miss the fairway in Zona and trying to find your ball. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the truth? And If I'm closer than 50 yards to the green....I'm fawked, because I can't chip to save my life! Last summer my drives & putting was great. My Iron shots were a disaster. 2 summers ago- complete opposite. 

[/QUOTE]

And the one day it all comes together, nobody is around to witness it either.

Anyone in here golf in mass? I have a few favorites, PineHills,Crosswinds etc..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:[QUOTE] Phoenix game and then watch my drives go into peoples back yard. Whenever I get my irons worked out, my driver is suddenly all over the place. Never all together working as one.[/QUOTE]

Goin old school this yr -[/QUOTE]

Yah the temp went up to 50 in Falmouth this weekend and my Pops said he was out at the range hitting some drives dressed like it was summer. Funny how that works, then the next day back to 25 degrees lol

That's the tease that sucks back there this time of year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE]Isn't that the truth? And If I'm closer than 50 yards to the green....I'm fawked, because I can't chip to save my life! Last summer my drives & putting was great. My Iron shots were a disaster. 2 summers ago- complete opposite. [/QUOTE]

Anyone in here golf in mass? I have a few favorites, PineHills,Crosswinds etc..[/QUOTE]

Norton CC and Heather Hill CC were my home courses growing up. Now its Falmouth GC when I go back during the summer. That F***** is hard to get on during the summer with all the weekend Boston Bridge b@@stads coming down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those are sweet ! I have a set of Staff fat shafts , that I'm looking to get rid of , for a nice set of forged irons, like those . Sick of winter , can't wait to get the sticks out . 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE]Isn't that the truth? And If I'm closer than 50 yards to the green....I'm fawked, because I can't chip to save my life! Last summer my drives & putting was great. My Iron shots were a disaster. 2 summers ago- complete opposite. [/QUOTE]

Anyone in here golf in mass? I have a few favorites, PineHills,Crosswinds etc..[/QUOTE]

Norton CC and Heather Hill CC were my home courses growing up. Now its Falmouth GC when I go back during the summer. That F***** is hard to get on during the summer with all the weekend Boston Bridge b@@stads coming down.

[/QUOTE]

I always liked Stow Acres even if it did eat my lunch. Also pleyed a little 9 hole course in Marion. I get to play year round now. I live in FL (don't mean to rub it in).  I had planned to go to the March 8th game in Tampa. The bastiges jacked the cost of a ticket from last season from $109.00 to $168.00. I just can't do it. That's a great seat, but >50% jump is more than I can handle...bummer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyone in here golf in mass? I have a few favorites, PineHills,Crosswinds etc..

[/QUOTE]

I used to work at Oakley CC in Watertown, and would play there a little.  Decent course.  Played everything out in the Berkshires.  Not much of a golfer though.  Don't even own clubs anymore.  Too many freakin' hobbies to begin with.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm actually going to:

Tampa - 3/8

Florida - 3/9

and Colorado - 3/21

[/QUOTE]

ACC on 4-8.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:[QUOTE]

ACC on 4-8. [/QUOTE]

Ok how did you get those tix ?

and R U wearing your Bruins "thankyouKessel" jersey ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

Those are sweet ! I have a set of Staff fat shafts , that I'm looking to get rid of , for a nice set of forged irons, like those . 

[/QUOTE]

You guys must be good.

For us "more then scratch" golfers...........not a good idea.  They are less forgiving then having cast irons which have a larger sweet spot.

Since I switched many years ago I hit a lot more solid iron shots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49thparallel's comment:[QUOTE]

ACC on 4-8. [/QUOTE]

Ok how did you get those tix ?

and R U wearing your Bruins "thankyouKessel" jersey ?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the other Kessel sister's jersey. I almost drove to Buff tonight until I saw the game on tv.

Sections
Shortcuts